Veku_Rommel

Rank 0
Veku_Rommel
PostedSep 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Game Mode Tips

Tips for some of the more...interesting...game types
I will go over three main types in the post, maybe others later. To start, death is always a bad thing, so use cover! I have played way too many games where half my team thinks that they can just rush like they're playing halo or gears, and they all end up dead. YOUR HEALTH DOES NOT REGENERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even the wolves' main health regenerates. The howl doesn't count. Use cover, and you will be absolutely amazed at how much longer you live per respawn.

1.) Destruction

This gametype is so heavily weighted against Red team that I almost always quit when this game is played. The point of the gametype is for the red Team to plant a Bomb on one of two "arming stations" (I don't know what they are called, but that's how I'll refer to them). The objective for Blue Team is to prevent Red Team from doing this. THERE IS NO RESPAWNING!!!! I'll say it again, THERE IS NO RESPAWNING! That means that all blue team has to do is eliminate red team and blue wins. The bomb itself has a 40-35 second timer once armed, and arming the bomb takes about 5 seconds. Like I said above, this gametype is so unbalanced, that in order for red team to win, they need absolute precision teamwork, and probably VoIP. I've won a grand total of 6 rounds, and no games as red team, whereas on blue team I don't think I've lost once (Round or game). That being said, general tips are: For red team; do not run off by yourself. You will die. And your team will be down a man. that's it, end of story. Stay together as a group, and watch all sides of where you are. You must remain constantly vigilant, becasue most of the destruction maps favor blue team with numerous Height advantages. If you win, great. don't expect to win the overall game, though. for Blue Team; Half your team could do whatever they want, while the other half goes and kicks ***. Like I stated above, For blue team this gametype is really easy. If you want Eaasy gold, and I mean easy, play On BLue team for destruction matches. As far as actual strategy goes, just don't let red plant the bomb. Use grenades to get up into the bomb areas, than soften them up with your main weapon. It's not really that hard. YOu can go kill for kill and still beat Red.

Any critique or suggestion is most welcome.
Advertisement

Veku_Rommel

Rank 0
Veku_Rommel
PostedSep 16, 2009 1:13 pm
2.)Wolf Conquest

This is a lot of fun, especially if you have two good teams. Basically, Red Team is human only, and Blue Team is wolf only. (DO NOT ASK ME HOW TO GET OTHER WOLF MUTATIONS. I DO NOT KNOW! I FIND THE STARTING ONES WORK FINE FOR ME!) All the spawning rules are the same, except know the wolves have several powerful new mutations to use. All of them kick major human butt, as long as they are used correctly. THe humans use their standard kits, but get an additional bonus one usuable only in this gametype: A heavy, deployable machine gun. They also capture points faster, and they spawn slightly ahead of the wolves, and this is to make up for the speed boost that the wolves always have. The tips for Red/Human: Make good use of those Deployable machine guns. They chew up wolves like plaque on teeth. But don't use too many. Then your team isn't mobile, and that's bad. Shotguns kick ***, and even the first shotgun on the list will one shot a wolf at point-blank range. Mass grenades and red grenades are incredibly useful if they are used correctly. for The wolves/Blue Team: Suprise and movement. Melee and speed are your two greatest assets, so ues them. I have seen two wolves completely eliminate an entire team of humans. Make good use of your wolves special abilities. The guardian wolf can provide mobile cover for teammates, and the two ghost wolves can be used for deadly ambushes. Never make it easy for someone to kill you. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. If you have any questions commments or concerns, just post them.

Avid

Rank 4
Avid
PostedSep 23, 2009 6:51 am
I don't play destruction too often, but usually I play it as a clan match, which is a lot better than the 'regular' type since usually 1, both sides are fairly to extremely good. 2, used to working together. 3, there are so few members (never played past 4v4 in clan match) that winning as blue requires both strategy and skill to win. 4, Teammates on both sides are talking to each other (if not voip, then at least team chat). 5, Teams switch sides after the 4th round, so both clans get a chance to attack and defend. That probably doesn't completely nullify all the advantages that blue has, but it definitely helps balance things out and makes it a whole lot more fun.

Per wolf conquest, I don't like it since it's a lot of turrets and guardians camping at whatever happens to be the critical point of the map, and I can only take so much of turrets, guardians, or camping before it gets on my nerves. But you can get 2nd wolf mutation at Shop>Ex-Item>2nd Wolf Wolf Mutation (very bottom of the page). Also, you can buy other a couple other turrets, grenade/rocket launchers, and a flamethrower at the bottom of Shop>Primary. They are all heavy weapons though so you can't get into any match with one equipped unless the room master has chosen to allow heavy weapons.

PS. I'm not a GS. The GMs just don't feel like taking my name off the list for some reason.

Veku_Rommel

Rank 0
Veku_Rommel
PostedOct 12, 2009 10:31 am

ICE HOLD

Pretty much Gears in an FPS.(Note: this mode is a little buggy right now.)
This mode is interesting, and It requires much more team work than almost any other game-type (exception being destruction and wolves for wolf conquest). The game plays the same as standard deathmatches, except that you don't re-spawn normally. Instead, another player must re spawn you by attempting a resurrection. How you do it is by holding right click while next to a dead player. The game has a time limit, and can be played both the normal way and as classic H vs. H. The game ends and the winners are declared when one of two things happen: 1.) The time limit is reached. Whichever team has more players standing wins (usually); or 2.)One team is completely eliminated. The key to winning this type is to stick together as a team and to revive downed team mates. Do not think that you can win against three other people when you are by yourself. If you get downed away from your team, chances are that you will not get a revive that match. If you get the opportunity, revive team mates. I cannot say this enough. I have seen veteran players lose to a team that stuck and played together rather than doing their own thing. Given that, grenades are a win in this map. A few well-placed grenades can wipe out entire teams if used correctly. The range that you have to be to revive someone is really close, so take advantage of that if someone on the other team is trying to revive another teammate. if you can't see them, throw a grenade, and if nothing else, it slows down the revive process. normal playstyles that work in deathmatch work here too, but team work is much more important.

TreeOFMight

Rank 1
TreeOFMight
PostedOct 22, 2009 9:48 am

Re: Game Mode Tips

Veku_Rommel wrote:
I will go over three main types in the post, maybe others later. To start, death is always a bad thing, so use cover! I have played way too many games where half my team thinks that they can just rush like they're playing halo or gears, and they all end up dead. YOUR HEALTH DOES NOT REGENERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even the wolves' main health regenerates. The howl doesn't count. Use cover, and you will be absolutely amazed at how much longer you live per respawn.

1.) Destruction

This gametype is so heavily weighted against Red team that I almost always quit when this game is played. The point of the gametype is for the red Team to plant a Bomb on one of two "arming stations" (I don't know what they are called, but that's how I'll refer to them). The objective for Blue Team is to prevent Red Team from doing this. THERE IS NO RESPAWNING!!!! I'll say it again, THERE IS NO RESPAWNING! That means that all blue team has to do is eliminate red team and blue wins. The bomb itself has a 40-35 second timer once armed, and arming the bomb takes about 5 seconds. Like I said above, this gametype is so unbalanced, that in order for red team to win, they need absolute precision teamwork, and probably VoIP. I've won a grand total of 6 rounds, and no games as red team, whereas on blue team I don't think I've lost once (Round or game). That being said, general tips are: For red team; do not run off by yourself. You will die. And your team will be down a man. that's it, end of story. Stay together as a group, and watch all sides of where you are. You must remain constantly vigilant, becasue most of the destruction maps favor blue team with numerous Height advantages. If you win, great. don't expect to win the overall game, though. for Blue Team; Half your team could do whatever they want, while the other half goes and kicks ***. Like I stated above, For blue team this gametype is really easy. If you want Eaasy gold, and I mean easy, play On BLue team for destruction matches. As far as actual strategy goes, just don't let red plant the bomb. Use grenades to get up into the bomb areas, than soften them up with your main weapon. It's not really that hard. YOu can go kill for kill and still beat Red.

In my opinion I disagree that red team has a disadvantage. In my opinion the better team will win. Both sides take coordination and teamwork. Blue is a defense teams so typically its best to have people in both bomb sites and people also in a middle location as well. Also in Pride Wars the teams switch sides making it equal.

TreeOFMight

Rank 1
TreeOFMight
PostedOct 22, 2009 10:03 am

Re: ICE HOLD

Pretty much Gears in an FPS.(Note: this mode is a little buggy right now.)
Veku_Rommel wrote:
This mode is interesting, and It requires much more team work than almost any other game-type (exception being destruction and wolves for wolf conquest). The game plays the same as standard deathmatches, except that you don't re-spawn normally. Instead, another player must re spawn you by attempting a resurrection. How you do it is by holding right click while next to a dead player. The game has a time limit, and can be played both the normal way and as classic H vs. H. The game ends and the winners are declared when one of two things happen: 1.) The time limit is reached. Whichever team has more players standing wins (usually); or 2.)One team is completely eliminated. The key to winning this type is to stick together as a team and to revive downed team mates. Do not think that you can win against three other people when you are by yourself. If you get downed away from your team, chances are that you will not get a revive that match. If you get the opportunity, revive team mates. I cannot say this enough. I have seen veteran players lose to a team that stuck and played together rather than doing their own thing. Given that, grenades are a win in this map. A few well-placed grenades can wipe out entire teams if used correctly. The range that you have to be to revive someone is really close, so take advantage of that if someone on the other team is trying to revive another teammate. if you can't see them, throw a grenade, and if nothing else, it slows down the revive process. normal playstyles that work in deathmatch work here too, but team work is much more important.  

The main strategy for all of this is camp in one location. Once you get the first kill everyone camps that body until their team comes and so on.

lSyviol

Rank 0
PostedMar 22, 2010 7:27 pm
Deathmatch for Wolfs ^^

Runza

Rank 0
PostedMar 27, 2010 10:08 am
Veku_Rommel wrote:
2.)Wolf Conquest

This is a lot of fun, especially if you have two good teams. Basically, Red Team is human only, and Blue Team is wolf only. (DO NOT ASK ME HOW TO GET OTHER WOLF MUTATIONS. I DO NOT KNOW! I FIND THE STARTING ONES WORK FINE FOR ME!) All the spawning rules are the same, except know the wolves have several powerful new mutations to use. All of them kick major human butt, as long as they are used correctly. THe humans use their standard kits, but get an additional bonus one usuable only in this gametype: A heavy, deployable machine gun. They also capture points faster, and they spawn slightly ahead of the wolves, and this is to make up for the speed boost that the wolves always have. The tips for Red/Human: Make good use of those Deployable machine guns. They chew up wolves like plaque on teeth. But don't use too many. Then your team isn't mobile, and that's bad. Shotguns kick ***, and even the first shotgun on the list will one shot a wolf at point-blank range. Mass grenades and red grenades are incredibly useful if they are used correctly. for The wolves/Blue Team: Suprise and movement. Melee and speed are your two greatest assets, so ues them. I have seen two wolves completely eliminate an entire team of humans. Make good use of your wolves special abilities. The guardian wolf can provide mobile cover for teammates, and the two ghost wolves can be used for deadly ambushes. Never make it easy for someone to kill you. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. If you have any questions commments or concerns, just post them.  

^^ are u new?
u can buy heavey wepons, and buying wolf mutations is easy and very needed...

the writing above me is written from a crazy person...wait that would be me, so ummmmmmm...nvm[

Virtus90

Rank 4
Virtus90
PostedMar 27, 2010 1:16 pm
Wow guys...epic gravedig... Shocked

Notice how TreeOFMights last post was on Oct. 22 2009

<a>Photobucket</a>

conpples

Rank 0
PostedDec 13, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Game Mode Tips

Veku_Rommel wrote:

1.) Destruction

Well, actually, grouping together is not a good thing. A beserker can easily finish of a group of unsuspecting humans with its sucidal explosion, or a guardian can easily take the bait while others group together for a deadly ambush. Everyone have different gaming styles and yes, this is my game style. As TreeOfMight posted his disagreement of the unbalanced mode, I have to support him. You see, if you know your oppentent, the map and your keys, you can easily win them, as a figure of speech.
Sorry for my noob vocabulary and grammar. Thx a lot