sillycrazyme

Rank 4
sillycrazyme
PostedSep 16, 2009 3:09 am   Last edited by sillycrazyme on Feb 05, 2010 3:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Forum Search 101

A guide to using it effectively
Being a mod I see so many posts that could have been answered by using a very overlooked feature in the forums. The search feature is both functional and effective. Using it properly can get you answers within minutes. If you've ever used google (and I know you all have) you know that without filters or REALLY specific keywords a search can supply endless results.

Hopefully after this, you will have a better understanding of how to apply filters to wield the results you need, in a shorter time.

First we start with the main search window. (hopefully you've all seen it)

Not too confusing...right? So let's take it a step further.

Alright now that we've entered all the keywords and preliminary filters, let's see what we came up with.

I don't know about you, but that's WAY too many posts for me to look through, so I'm going to apply more filters.

Well, that didn't work, but it was worth a try. Let's try a different subsection.

Almost there. One more filter should do it. I know that this particular costume was promo'd within the last 30 days, so I'm going to apply the "1 month" filter.

Woohoo!! Success!

Hopefully this will help those of you that are lost in the forums and can't find the things you're looking for. Remember, you can apply the filters one by one, or all at the same time once you get past the main screen. Good luck, and happy searching!

I has a sad! DoMO for life <3
Advertisement

Persiangato

GameSage: Forum
Persiangato
PostedSep 16, 2009 4:23 am
lol. I remember that thread.

Dishawaiian

Rank 2
Dishawaiian
PostedSep 16, 2009 4:38 am
OW button pressing hurts my head D= ty tho totally coulda used this couple days ago >.> awesome work =D

Back in DoMO :D

FrenchToasty

Rank 4
FrenchToasty
PostedSep 16, 2009 9:21 am
At least the search is a lot more effective now since they revamped it. Hopefully this'll help some folks.

Nice. ^__^

sillycrazyme

Rank 4
sillycrazyme
PostedSep 19, 2009 9:19 am
Guess this will fall into the shadows now. QQ

I has a sad! DoMO for life <3