Ketla

Rank 0
Ketla
PostedDec 20, 2007 5:09 am
Yay! I just got my hat today Very Happy. But I'm not level 16 yet, so I can't wear it yet Sad. But I'll let you know if it's as good for Archers as I hope it is.
Advertisement

lorddeseiz

Rank 0
lorddeseiz
PostedJan 02, 2008 7:20 pm
off topic :howcome if there is someone posting screenies its always a light char, but everytime i meet a lightchar in pvp they either go running like a chicken, or die in a few seconds ? but here on forums they always the uberness ... I don't understand Rolling Eyes

csquares

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2008 7:23 pm
lorddeseiz wrote:
off topic :howcome if there is someone posting screenies its always a light char, but everytime i meet a lightchar in pvp they either go running like a chicken, or die in a few seconds ? but here on forums they always the uberness ... I don't understand Rolling Eyes  

since most of the archer screenies ive seen here are from other versions, not our own.

-PureInt-

jbzx86

Rank 0
PostedJan 03, 2008 2:09 pm

My thoughts

Here are my thoughts:

For your normal mode Archer, just go straight up [STR +3] and [DEX +2] per level. The idea here is to keep yourself leveling as quickly as possible to power through normal. When you roll your Hard mode Archer, you can elect to go [STR +5] and [DEX +2] to get through Hard as quickly as possible, or, if Ultimate is just not for you, go [LUK +5] [DEX +2].

amous

Rank 1
amous
PostedJan 03, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: My thoughts

jbzx86 wrote:
Here are my thoughts:

For your normal mode Archer, just go straight up [STR +3] and [DEX +2] per level. The idea here is to keep yourself leveling as quickly as possible to power through normal. When you roll your Hard mode Archer, you can elect to go [STR +5] and [DEX +2] to get through Hard as quickly as possible, or, if Ultimate is just not for you, go [LUK +5] [DEX +2].  

I see what you are saying but will this work well for PVPin any mode?

mrsdoc

Rank 0
mrsdoc
PostedJan 04, 2008 12:20 pm

jmo

Archer
Im only lvl 8, so I am harldy an expert. I am going 2 dex 2 luc 1 str. Its ok, but I still miss targets a lot, anyone got any suggestions? Rolling Eyes

DocsLady

Lehrigen

Rank 0
Lehrigen
PostedJan 04, 2008 11:34 pm
well, im going for 4 luck 1 dex for every odd level, and 2 dex 3 luck every even level, and it seems to be working out fairly well for me. I almost never miss, and im hitting crits with some regularity now. Btw, does anyone know what the numbers the Light side archer's dex and luck start as?

Ketla

Rank 0
Ketla
PostedJan 05, 2008 11:33 am
That sounds like a good build Lehrigen Very Happy. Anyway, the starting stats for each race are:

Archer

Str - 11... Wis - 10
Rec - 10... Dex - 14
Int - 7... Luc - 13

Hunter

Str - 13... Wis - 10
Rec - 12... Dex - 10
Int - 7... Luc - 13

Irishman82

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2008 2:49 am
When making an archer...my main points will go into luck and dex...i understand i need str to boost my base dmg..how high should i go in str?

Ketla

Rank 0
Ketla
PostedJan 07, 2008 12:44 am
An Archer doesn't need any strength at all. Both Dexterity and Luck increase your base damage as well (though not by as much as Strength does).

Every 5 points spent in Dexterity increases your base damage by 1.
Every 3 points spent in Luck increases your base damage by 1.
(Every 1 point spent in Strength increases your base damage by 1).  

So don't be afraid that your base damage won't increase if you don't add Strength. I think many people are confused by this, thinking that their base damage will be horribly weak if they don't add Strength, which is not the case at all.

With a Luck build, you really don't rely on base damage very much, it's mostly critical, but when you do hit for just regular damage it still does plenty of hurt.

I have tried both a Strength and a Luck Build (1 Dex, 4 Luck). The Luck build is vastly superior to the Strength build. After seeing how much better the Luck Build is, I deleted the Strength Build and I will never play one again.

Listen to what these guys on the forum are telling everyone, the Luck Build is the way to go Very Happy.