Ensign

Rank 2
Ensign
PostedDec 05, 2007 12:46 am

Perfect build For archer

What do you recommend
I have been putting my stat points all over hte place it seems like i need more dex so it hits every time.

Str i have alot and also some rec but seems like monsters are still to hard even though they are my level.
Anyone want to recommend what i should use.

Thanks

Advertisement

claustrafobia

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2007 8:43 am
idont know if im right or wrong .. but archer - is a class that must kill on distance -so u need shooting power. u need a bit of rec only for pvp.... but like 2-3 points every 10 lvls and also osme wis - so u wil lavoid root ... the stats ( for throwing weapon like javelin) that i use r 2 str 2 luk 1 dex - when u notice u miss a lot - u do 3 dex 1 str 1 luk.... if u already distributet stats on tyour lvl and feel they r wrong - try enchanting all your gear with strength and luk lapises - this should help - and after just do 2 str 2 luk 1 dex for 10 lvls or so - u iwll feel yourself more comfortable then. and u r NOT assasin - so u shouldnt have a lot o dex - it should stay like your lvl +10 ( with all ++ included) i said it for javlein ( or crossbow build - dont know never tried xbow) i jsut think with bow u should have more dex cause it has lower dmg .....etc . its only my opinion thou!

csquares

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2007 9:47 am
im a light archer but i suppose i still applies. im running 1 dex 4 luck every lvls. since it seems to give enough dex not to miss and enough luck to crit like a biznitch. also the great thing about luck is not only does it up your cit rate but also your crit damage so when you crit you crit harder. i dont have any str since i think lucks better but i may end up adding some later on.

-PureInt-

BROWNSUGAR

Rank 0
BROWNSUGAR
PostedDec 07, 2007 6:22 pm
i woudl liek to knwo which is a better build for hunter 2rec 2luc 1 str build or 2luc 2 str 1 dex build or 2dex 2 rec 1 str build any1 ideas im doing the 2rec 2luck 1 str build but i couldnt kill gril (kobalt boss) on my own so does any1 hav any other ideas?

Achete

Rank 0
Achete
PostedDec 07, 2007 7:51 pm
Ensign your post is the only one which I have read in this thread. You other three folks need to take example from him and go to school. LEARNING GOOD.

Let me do that again to emphasize a point.

LEARNING GOOD.

Please write properly, the way you guys write not only make you seem constipated, but also disrespects the thread creator by telling him that you don't even want to put the extra minute required to create a normal sentence.

Anyways - The most damage Hunter build always focuses on a variation of Luck and Dex, so that you get 4 things:

Slightly higher ranged damage.
Higher Chance to Crit on later levels.
Higher damage from crits.
Chance to hit opponents with ranged weapon.

Therefore, most people use a 3 Luck 2 Dex, or the other way around build, depending on if you enjoy dodging or crits a "bit" more than the other.

BROWNSUGAR

Rank 0
BROWNSUGAR
PostedDec 07, 2007 10:14 pm
lol learnign good....lol so anyways wat about str i heard dat str was good too increases ur dgm or wateva sum1 told me dat without str i wont b able to hit stuff as well is that true.. any1?

Ketla

Rank 0
Ketla
PostedDec 08, 2007 2:21 am   Last edited by Ketla on Dec 13, 2007 11:08 am. Edited 2 times in total
The trouble with the Hunter/Archer is that we don't have enough points to go around Evil or Very Mad.

Well, so far I've tried two hunter builds (both using a javelin), one was focused on Strength, the other was focused on Luck.

For the Strength build I did this: 2 Str, 1 Rec, 0.5 Wis, 1.5 Dex (1 point wisdom every second level).

For the Luck build I did this: 1 Rec, 0.5 Wis, 1.5 Dex, 2 Luck

The Strength build was by far the better build at the beginning of the game, I could solo just about anything (including Gril). I was doing about the same damage as an assassin and I had good defense to boot.

In PvP it was terrific, I had enough physical and magical defense to get myself out of trouble and I still did very nice damage (but I rarely got critical damage).

However, I think the Luck build could be the better build at later levels. In the beginning it's horrible, it has very low damage and almost no criticals. It was impossible to solo Gril, and I was really struggling just to kill green named monsters.

But as my Luck stat increased, I started to critical more and more often, which made up for the pathetic damage of my normal attack. So I believe at higher levels (where every 2nd hit or so is a critical) that the Luck build will easily out damage the Strength build.

If it's possible to reset our stats at some point in the game, then I'd suggest starting with a Strength build and then resetting all your stats to the Luck build later on.

Now for the Stats and the reason I chose them:

* Strength increases your physical damage. 1 point in Strength = 1 point of damage. Without strength your normal base damage will be very low.

* Rec increases your physical defense and health points. Without Rec you're very vulnerable to physical attacks. However, if you have a good party that knows how to fight and protect its ranged attackers, then you could probably do without this (but you'll most likely always need a party, even for monster hunting).

* Wisdom increases your magical defense. Without Wisdom mages will really, really hurt you. Again, this is dependent on your party, if you always fight with a good party that protects you then you can probably do without this too.

* Dexterity increases your Accuracy (chance for you to hit things) your Evasion (chance for hits to miss you) and slightly increases your damage. 5 points in Dexterity = 1 point of damage. Without Dexterity you won't hit anything. Seeing 'Miss, Miss, Miss' all the time is not only very frustrating, it's also very deadly (for you Evil or Very Mad). This is a must have stat!

* Luck increases your Critical damage and your chance to cause critical hits (380 Luck gives a 78% chance to critical). It also increases your damage slightly. 3 points in Luck = 1 point of damage. Without Luck you won't critical very often.

This all requires further testing of course, but I think the Koreans are right, the 2 Dex, 3 Luck build is probably the best if you have a good party.

If you mostly solo, or party with pugs (pick up groups) then investing some points into Strength is probably your best bet.

Hope this helps.

* Edited to reflect new information.

Ensign

Rank 2
Ensign
PostedDec 09, 2007 2:20 pm
hahah thanks for the help guys Smile I appreciate it since my archer on dark was only getting stronger till i had hit lvl 25 thats because i was evening out my dex with my luck and it started to work 0_o.

pottedfrog

Rank 0
pottedfrog
PostedDec 10, 2007 3:06 pm
I tried 5 different Hunter builds - just for fun really Smile

All these builds tested up to around level 17 - 18 (mainly pvp testing)

3 Dex / 2 Luck - at low levels you rarely miss anything , but the damage you do per attack is very low. Occasional crits doin decent damage. Semi decent dodge/evade rate, low phys defence, low mag defece.

2 dex / 3 luck - same as above as the luck increase is negligible and doesn't show at all in early levels.

3 rec / 1 str / 1dex - very good for PVE vs phsyical attack mobs. More damage per attack than previous build , but very few critical hits doing low critical damage. Decent phys. defense against sins / fighters / tanks / archers, but low mag. defence.

3 dex / 2 wis - ok for PVE against both phys and mag. attack monsters. Average damage, low chance of crits and lowcri damage. Decent phys. defense against sins / fighters / tanks / archers, and semi-decent mag. defence.

4 str / 1 dex - best base dmg from all the builds. Very good vs other archers/fighters/guardians/sins AT RANGE. Up close, dmg is still very good but lack of defense makes you fall over fast Smile Little to no defense vs magic. Very few critical hits.

My best PVP session was wih the last build , getting over 800 kills in one night. I joined PVP @ level 11 , ended @ 5am (lol) after I hit level 16 - some noobie forgot to use his Rune *chuckle*

Ensign

Rank 2
Ensign
PostedDec 10, 2007 5:35 pm
i was recommended mainly luck like 3 luck and rest in what you decide but i wanan have a good build for pvp mainly and easy lvling