roguefeebo

Aeria: Product Manager
roguefeebo
PostedAug 31, 2009 8:46 pm

The Shaiya 1 Million Gamer Laptop Giveaway

Toxin84 is the last winner! Congratulations to all our winners!
Congratulations to the fourth winner, Toxin84

Congratulations to the third winner, mviktor1990

Congratulations to the second winner, kirsty100

Congratulations to the first winner, dirthelmet

You will be receiving an email at the address listed in your Aeria account profile for instructions on how to collect your prize.

The contest... is over!

-------------------

If you find yourself saying "I wish I had a brand new laptop so I could play Shaiya anywhere" then we have the answer for you.

In September we will be giving away 4 Alienware M17x laptops.

How to participate
1) Reach level 10.
2) Log in at least once per week in September to stay active and qualify.

How to win
Every so often in September (likely once a week), all qualifying players will be entered into a random drawing to win an Alienware M17x laptop. We will be giving away 4 laptops, so make sure you log in throughout September to remain active!

Our promotion page with all rules and requirements may be found here: http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/playnow

Disclaimers:
Like the Destructoid event, if you are found creating multiple accounts for the purpose of this laptop prize, you will be disqualified and all of the exploitative accounts will be banned.

If you already own multiple accounts, we will only consider the most active account to qualify for the event.

We will verify all information for any winners, so cheating in any way is not advised.

spooty spooty spoot-head! -Norbert & Daggett
Advertisement

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedAug 31, 2009 8:54 pm
Do you have to get a new character to lvl 10? Or will you qualify if you already have a character past lvl 10, and just log in every week?

EDIT: I'm not eligible anyway (under 18 ), but for the benefit of others with the same question, I still ask >_>

roguefeebo

roguefeebo
PostedAug 31, 2009 9:01 pm
Anyone with a character of at least level 10 qualifies, regardless of when the character was created. Just make sure you log into that character.

Light_bringer

Rank 4
Light_bringer
PostedAug 31, 2009 9:03 pm   Last edited by Light_bringer on Aug 31, 2009 9:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Nvm was ninja'd by rogue.

Nermir

Rank 1
Nermir
PostedAug 31, 2009 9:07 pm
So this contest has nothing to do with the Dtoid contest?

And all the entries are...everyone who logs into shaiya with a lvl 10+ account?

^^^^^^^^^^ as in anyone? You dont have to do anything special except log in? O.o;

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedAug 31, 2009 9:14 pm
Just to make things clear, I currently have multiple accounts that I log in to regularly. I dual box & am currently creating and levelling characters in order to get multiple epic weapons.
From your post Rogue I don't see this as an issue, just if I create new accounts specifically for the purpose of this promotion.
Have I understood this correctly?

Also, if I create an account for the DToid promotion would this be a problem for this promo?

RIP Kizzd

roguefeebo

roguefeebo
PostedAug 31, 2009 9:26 pm
MerlinMcTav wrote:
Just to make things clear, I currently have multiple accounts that I log in to regularly. I dual box & am currently creating and levelling characters in order to get multiple epic weapons.
From your post Rogue I don't see this as an issue, just if I create new accounts specifically for the purpose of this promotion.
Have I understood this correctly?

Also, if I create an account for the DToid promotion would this be a problem for this promo?  

You're correct Merlin on all accounts.
1) Having and using multiple accounts will not be an issue.
2) Creating new accounts to exploit this promotion specifically will cause all accounts (including main accounts) to be banned. We know what exploitative account creation looks like after much experience dealing with it.
3) Creating a DToid promotion account is not a problem. But only one of all active accounts will qualify for the prize.

Nermir wrote:
So this contest has nothing to do with the Dtoid contest?

And all the entries are...everyone who logs into shaiya with a lvl 10+ account?

^^^^^^^^^^ as in anyone? You dont have to do anything special except log in? O.o;  

This contest does not have anything to do with the DToid contest. You're also right in that all players that have a level 10 character and log in during each drawing period qualify for the prize.

Light_bringer

Rank 4
Light_bringer
PostedAug 31, 2009 9:39 pm
So I can use all 8 of my accounts? Laughing

roguefeebo

roguefeebo
PostedAug 31, 2009 9:45 pm
Sure can. But only 1 will count, Wink

IrishLuck313

Rank 0
IrishLuck313
PostedAug 31, 2009 11:18 pm
How do you determine if it's one person using multiple accounts or more than one person living in the same house?

IE - My fiance and I both play, both have our own accounts, use the same computers, etc ... so will only one of our accounts count ? or both of them ?