GM_Orani

GameMaster: USA
GM_Orani
PostedAug 26, 2009 4:05 pm   Last edited by GM_Orani on Aug 27, 2009 5:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Dropkick a GM Event

ENDED 8-27-09
Drop Kick a GM with GM_Orani
When: Starts at 1pm PDT on 8-27-09 (Thursday)
Duration: 1 Hour
Where: Channel 4 US-Central

How it Works:
Beginning at 1pm PDT, GM_Orani will create a room and then proceed to make a server-wide announcement regarding the game name, # and password.

Once a room is full, each team has a goal: DEFEND or KILL the GM! Do not expect the GM to hide in his base the whole match or to sit in the middle of the map to be blasted. Consider the GM a wild card that either must be protected or slain.

The GM will have 10,000 Health Points, so this will be difficult, however organized teams have made short work of the GM in past events.

Each team will receive a gold reward. The winning team will receive double the losers gold. We love running this event, and we hope to see the rest of the community joining in to kill the beloved/hated GM's. =D

Rewards:
Winning Team - 20k Gold Tickets for everyone. Losing Team - 10k Gold tickets for everyone.
Advertisement

finalonimusha7

Rank 0
finalonimusha7
PostedAug 26, 2009 6:23 pm

gm event

extend game time
can you extend the gm event to 4:00pm thats on thursday a lot of kids have to go to school you know

PenetrationX

Rank 0
PostedAug 26, 2009 6:46 pm
Yea, I know I have school.. should be upped an hour or 2..

NoobyTLW

Rank 2
NoobyTLW
PostedAug 27, 2009 7:10 am
I guess these are for the people who don't have school yet.

Like me. Till September 8th. Razz

Youtube.com/Hradian IGN: TheLeetWorld Guess The Map (Screenie Game)

GM_Orani

GM_Orani
PostedAug 27, 2009 12:57 pm
I'll try to run a few games at 4:00pm PDT as well.

Saphiris

Rank 0
Saphiris
PostedAug 27, 2009 2:32 pm
well this event looks like a fail to me :/ They idea was nice but yeah..

i never really see the pw because of lots of spamming i guess, people open rooms named GM Dropkick and whatsoever.. and if i finally get the pw and the room number(from friends) im way to slow to enter the game or people with bad lag kick me out.

And i heared from a friend that the GM uses an awp. So basically it is all totally messy. I'd be surprised if someone would actually win against the 'God'.

Personally I'd say fail for the event

Feed me please, chuu~

GM_Orani

GM_Orani
PostedAug 27, 2009 3:48 pm
Saphiris wrote:
well this event looks like a fail to me :/ They idea was nice but yeah..

i never really see the pw because of lots of spamming i guess, people open rooms named GM Dropkick and whatsoever.. and if i finally get the pw and the room number(from friends) im way to slow to enter the game or people with bad lag kick me out.

And i heared from a friend that the GM uses an awp. So basically it is all totally messy. I'd be surprised if someone would actually win against the 'God'.

Personally I'd say fail for the event  

Sapphiris,

We played 4 games, and 2 of them I was killed. That's 50% win/loss ratio for this event. The people who played were happy and had a good time either trying to save me or kill me. We've been doing the event for some time now, and I'm sorry you didn't get in.

Unfortunately today was just me alone. I could only run 1 game at a time, so these games are announced server wide and the password is given in the channel I was in (Channel: 4).

There are a number of people who make fake GM game events. Note: Next time I will have someone on observer to ban anyone creating the false games.

The winners and losers will receive their gifts within the next 3 hours.

Saphiris

Rank 0
Saphiris
PostedAug 27, 2009 4:10 pm
Well i was in channel 4 and still didnt really see the password. Many others had the same problem constantly asking what the password was.

As for the kills and deaths. I lost interesst after the 3rd room opening and not getting in.

EDIT: see this post about the announcment problem

http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=526254

Feed me please, chuu~

konnoisseur

Rank 0
konnoisseur
PostedAug 27, 2009 5:10 pm
I backed Saphiris' post regarding the 'missing-announcement' bug. It was happening some weeks back during the GMs' events but I myself couldnt find a solution.

- Tried login in and out of game and channels.
- Visiting new-shop and back into lobby.
- Or heading for inventory and back to lobby.
- Even finishing a game while the gm event is running.
- Finally, I even had a fresh installed copy of WT 3 days back.

None of them works. Perhaps you could feedback to developers and get a fix.

Disappointing...