Recently, the shoutbox has been changed so that you can now only review the last 20 lines that have been submitted into the shoutbox. What do you think about this?

This is awesome! I love this change!
17%30 Votes
I think that the limit should be extended, at least 40-80 lines, not 20!
35%60 Votes
I say we go back to the way it was before! No limit on the shoutbox! My computer Cache can handle it!
42%72 Votes
Other (Please post or send me a message! I'd be happy to hear what you have to think =))
4%7 Votes
Total Votes :: 169 Votes

quartell

Rank 3
quartell
PostedAug 18, 2009 6:15 pm
to much to read :/

Advertisement

deciduouswoulds

Rank 5
deciduouswoulds
PostedAug 18, 2009 6:25 pm
I consider #4 absolutely my top priority for a SB reform. Getting a status indicator (as per #5) would be neat -- at least, from how you're explaining it. A screenshot would be nice. As I'm always playing windowed mode, it doesn't really matter to me that the SB cannot be popped out. However, if they're going to revamp the SB, might as well have that option.

But, seriously, death to auto-scroll. If there is a way to tell SB to "sit, stay"... sign me up for that campaign. Play/Pause buttons, for the win.

Giovanna_X wrote:
Increase the 5 second waiting period to 10 seconds for ordinary players, and remove it entirely for Aeria Staff and Volunteers. The waiting period hinders our ability to deal with multiple players each with their own question or concern, and trying to answer them all in one SB post has at times been confusing to the players we're trying to help  

Can't quite agree with this. 10 seconds for normal players is too excessive. However, I do agree with the need to decrease the waiting period for AGE employees and volunteers. Often times, it's just a hassle to answer multiple questions on SB due to this posting "grace period".

The character limit is a great suggestion and needs to be implemented ASAP. It would reduce the amount of smiley spam that often happens at the worst times. D:

Much love to you KTops.

<object></embed></object>

wwsean08

Rank 5.1
wwsean08
PostedAug 18, 2009 6:37 pm
I LOVE YOU KTCAOP (hey you said to post Razz)

<br>Tired of ad's, and use Firefox? Grab [url=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon /1865]Adblock Plus[/url], it eliminates most ads including within youtube videos

Dakr Mage

Rank 4
PostedAug 18, 2009 6:53 pm
Yes! I agree, good ideas. One of my biggest hates is the one you mentioned in which it auto scrolls down. Bugs the living bejeebers out of me.

tikkle

Rank 0
tikkle
PostedAug 18, 2009 7:00 pm

just a thought
There'd be less cluttering, spamming, and less of the monster rearing it's text-eating head if some seperate sb channels were put in place....i.e.:a channel for those seeking help with rt #'s, one for those seeking just a general discussion platform, another for those who's goal is bartering beyond the barter board, etc. In providing selectable channels, you tailor ur sb experience to fit exactly what type platform u seek, reduce the amount of mass confusion during maintenence, and make it a slower scrolling text-box, so that the scrolling back issue is also reduced greatly. In some ways, if done right, this could be a fix-all (or nearly all) to the listed issues of this particular platform. Just a thought Wink

Chynamyst

Rank 0
Chynamyst
PostedAug 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Think you are onto something

SB reform
I agree with everything stated, especially the lock of the scrolling when trying to keep up or read what is being said when the box is really busy during maintainence for example.

Putting in a lock would be a good thing or even making it so it can go to full page would be another option that would be helpful during these times.

Other than that, I think you all are doing a fantastic job with moderating and the volunteers deserve hats off for their time, energy and efforts!

Without their assistance, most of the newer players would be lost! Wink

Thank you Eragon A for the fantastic siggy!

azzhoie

Rank 0
PostedAug 18, 2009 8:03 pm
Giovanna_X wrote:
1. SB able to be popped out into a separate window or opened in a new tab, either way as a full page.

2. Increase the 5 second waiting period to 10 seconds for ordinary players, and remove it entirely for Aeria Staff and Volunteers. The waiting period hinders our ability to deal with multiple players each with their own question or concern, and trying to answer them all in one SB post has at times been confusing to the players we're trying to help.

3. Character limit should apply to ordinary players only (even though I admit I sometimes create a post that's a bit overwhelming).

4. The Refresh button was helpful, and the old SB did auto-refresh, but not as rapidly as the current one does now. I forget what the actual rate was, but it was too slow in refreshing, whereas the current SB is oppressively fast in refreshing.

5. Looks good.

i agree with Gio....as someone who has been using the SB for almost 3 years, the old SB had fewer disadvatages then the new one has advantages

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedAug 19, 2009 1:53 am
/signed ^^

signature of xybolt

wolf503

Rank 1
PostedAug 19, 2009 1:56 am
/signed

a more IM type SB would be nice Very Happy

EAKMcDowell

Rank 4
EAKMcDowell
PostedAug 19, 2009 2:03 am
Yes, the countdown should be scrapped as it likes to pause at 1 a LOT.
The tendency to auto-scroll up - this MUST be scrapped. Makes it extremely hard to follow stuff, especially when the shoutbox is REALLY busy.
Character limit - supported. I utterly abhor spam in all forms, and it'd act as a good deterrent.
As for the other ideas, I'm neutral on them.

IGN: EvangelineAKMcDowell