kijudoav

Rank 0
kijudoav
PostedAug 16, 2009 11:09 am

Monster Hunter

(close if dupe) Action RPG that's a social phenomena in Japan
So... I just recently obtained the first game a while back and thought... Why not have Monster Hunter Frontier, the PC version of the game, available on this side of the world.

yeah, why not Aeria get this game? well, they do allready have a licenced game allready, why not another?

Aside from that, we can talk hunting strategies and tips. (aswell as party invites if anyone has X-link Kai or PS3's Ad-hoc Party for the Freedom / Portable series)
Advertisement

Slartibartfast3

Rank 0
Slartibartfast3
PostedAug 17, 2009 10:17 am
I have monster hunter on PSP. Terrific game, would be great if it was made into an MMO since noone is ever online on the PSP version.

kijudoav

Rank 0
kijudoav
PostedAug 17, 2009 6:32 pm
there is also an offical manga of the series, some of the monsters in said manga aren't in the game itself. Also the main character's weapons don't exist either.

It's available on Onemanga
before you ask, the reason it has "Orange" as a tagline is due to the main character's weapons (not color).

It's not the fan-service, it's the MAGIC RELATED SCIENCE!

1M4B34ST

Rank 1
1M4B34ST
PostedAug 17, 2009 6:39 pm
ive heard of this game and ive looked at tons of videos about it it looks like an awesome game i wanted my parents to get me a psp just so i could play monster hunter
i cant wait for the wii version to come out with monster hunter 3 or something but it would be insane to have monster hunter as an mmo for the pc

kijudoav

Rank 0
kijudoav
PostedAug 28, 2009 2:28 pm
Well, after just narrowly defeating a Yian Kut-Ku, I have to say that I'ld have to get alot better to tackle some of the even bigger monsters.

but hey, from experience comes skill, and skill comes power, and power is slightly adjusted from equipment, though... thick armor and a sharp weapon can help.

It's not the fan-service, it's the MAGIC RELATED SCIENCE!

4General4

Rank 0
4General4
PostedSep 01, 2009 2:32 pm
kijudoav wrote:
Well, after just narrowly defeating a Yian Kut-Ku, I have to say that I'ld have to get alot better to tackle some of the even bigger monsters.

but hey, from experience comes skill, and skill comes power, and power is slightly adjusted from equipment, though... thick armor and a sharp weapon can help.  

Haha that Yian Kut-Ku is a tough bugger. Took me 10-15 trys on my monster hunter 2 for the psp.

I gotta say this is a fantastic, nay brilliant game. I'm surprised their's an MMO version of it. I'm even more surprised their's a manga of it.

As for hunting strategies i seem to fail in that area... I always go for what ever armor is available at the moment and it's ends up diminishing my resources..

I end up using a lance. Great weapon for me, block and strike.

Ps. Aeria please, please host the MMO v. of this game. I was unaware of this until reading this thread but now that i know i want to play sooooo badly. I'd definetly spend a lot of AP on it. *wink* *wink*

kijudoav

Rank 0
kijudoav
PostedSep 03, 2009 11:03 pm
Here's a tip for some Hunters out there relating the Wyvern: Gypceros.

It's strategy is simmilar to that of the Yian Kut-Ku, but instead of Fire, it uses Poison. It can also use the light crystal on it's head to cause K.O. status. The obvious sign that it's weakened is when it starts to Play Dead.

The Flashing can be negated by wearing the Velociprey Armor set (Blademaster or Gunner, doesn't matter) and it's Play Dead can be negated by tossing a Stone or a Paint Ball at it.

The main weak point for the Gypceros is the tail and the legs. Also, if you attack the head enough, the Crystal will be knocked off, thus preventing it from using the flash attack.

Also be sure to bring a few Antidoes when taking it on.

SmurfStompa

Rank 0
PostedOct 20, 2009 4:35 am
I have both Monster Hunter Freedom, and Monster Hunter Freedom 2, both for psp, i love these games, but due to not having xlink kai yet i cant play online, bu im geting one for my birthday which is very soon shall we say so i will be able to play online with who ever feels up to it

Skeezanation

Rank 0
Skeezanation
PostedDec 13, 2011 1:00 am
Anyone remember Monster Hunter for the Ps2??? It was online and amazing lol. Soloing Gravios and Diablos was epic especially with the Rathalos Lance ^^

3 monsters were exclusively for online play was the Kirin (A lightning unicorn), Lao shan lung ( a huuuuuuge four legged dragon that walked around a castle) and my fav, Fatalis. An epic beast itself lol.

KnightsD

Rank 1
KnightsD
PostedDec 25, 2011 4:39 pm
Am I the only one who felt bad Killing Kirin?