w3ty69p71

Rank 0
w3ty69p71
PostedNov 28, 2007 1:14 am   Last edited by w3ty69p71 on Dec 02, 2007 5:38 pm. Edited 8 times in total

Guide to set a custom resolution in Shaiya

and also tips for chat box
It's really easy.

1-Find your Shaiya folder.

2-In that folder you need to open the file named CONFIG.INI with a word processor like notepad or wordpad. Make a backup copy before editing in case you mess something up, if so, just delete the messed up file and replace with your backup.
GMVentSol wrote:
Make sure that you are not in the game while you are trying to edit that file.  

3-You then look at the top and you'll easilly see the resolution configuration(SIZE_X=.... and SIZE_Y=.... where x is width and y is height).

4-Change the numbers to your needs.

5-Save your changes and close the file.

6-Start the game, voilà!

(on older computers this could drop the framerate and maybe make it unplayable if the max resolution for your monitor is too high for your videocard)

IMPORTANT: Do not go over your monitors max resolution, and do not input settings you do not know about, the game already gives some good resolution choices if you're not familiar with editing anything.

This is how it looks for me as an example:

---»The UI problem is minor since you can move most pannels around the interface and when you log back in it's still like you left it. The only thing that doesnt adjust is the bottom XP and Goddess blessing bar and thats not really a problem, it actually frees some space. You could also edit the placement of the pannels in the config.ini file but that would be pointless since you can do it while the game is loaded. (edit: To play with the pannels in the costum resolution you need to add a line at the bottom of the CONFIG.INI file, it should look like this [INTERFACE_....X....] where the ....(4dots) are your resolution in x and y respectively, example for my 1680x1050 resolution would be [INTERFACE_1680X1050] )

---»For font size, there is no setting for it in the CONFIG.ini file, so we can't do anything about it, sorry. You can make the chat window bigger by editing the
CHAT_SIZE0=
CHAT_SIZE1=
lines in the different resolutions but always make sure to keep a backup of the original file in case you mess it up. I advise you guys to stay under 16 for the chat size and only edit it if you play in resolutions over 1024x768.

---»For better readability of the chat, click on the little bubble on the bottom left of it and put a mark in the OOC square, it will make the chat easier to see.

These are examples of the different chat box sizes, first is normal

second is
CHAT_SIZE0=14
CHAT_SIZE1=12

and third is what I use,
CHAT_SIZE0=10
CHAT_SIZE1=10

You can also see the checkmark in the OoC box at the bottom in case you didnt know what I meant.

I hope this helps some of you. Cya! Cool

I really hope I was clear, If not, don't be shy and tell me where's the problem so I can clear it out, thx Smile

CB: side:Light, ID:KevorkMage, clan:SoulGuardians, OB:Undisclosed Guide to set a custom resolution in Shaiya http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=50913
Advertisement

GMVentSol

Aeria: Product Manager
GMVentSol
PostedNov 28, 2007 1:16 am
Nice post, I was going to create a tutorial tomorrow when I stepped into the office.

w3ty69p71

Rank 0
w3ty69p71
PostedNov 28, 2007 1:19 am
always happy to help fellow gamers ! Very Happy
Edited the post so it looks more like a comprehensible guide for everyone now...

CB: side:Light, ID:KevorkMage, clan:SoulGuardians, OB:Undisclosed Guide to set a custom resolution in Shaiya http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=50913

a0shi

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2007 3:36 pm
thanks, this should be made sticky.

c2c2c2

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2007 7:02 pm
will anything in there allow me to change the position of my buffs?

Maltira

Rank 0
Maltira
PostedNov 29, 2007 5:22 pm

TYVM

Thanks for the resolution fix.
Makes what seems to be shaping up as a good game even better

slash197

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2007 11:04 pm
Is 1280x1024 one of the in-game resolution options?

w3ty69p71

Rank 0
w3ty69p71
PostedNov 30, 2007 12:52 am
yes

Yomanman

Rank 0
Yomanman
PostedNov 30, 2007 12:04 pm
Thanks, bud. I was going to post a comment on this but I see you've already got it under control.

Lynlee

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2007 2:33 pm

1280 x 800?? I have WIDE monitor..

and a Font Issue
Good Day..

My first and 2nd questions are quite simple.. yes or no..

If my monitor/vid-card can do 1280 x 800 or 1440 x 900 would I be able to use that in the game if I edit the games Config.ini? Wide Screen gaming is GREAT!

2nd problem.. OMG I cant READ the font size inna game!! It is WAY tiny.. and well my eyes aren't great. In any event, the font is WAY small! Is there a way to increase the font size without cutting down one the world window size too much? (IE: way low rez).

Much thanks for any advice.. Ta ta!

Peace... -<-* Lynlee