alacer

Rank 2
alacer
PostedAug 06, 2009 11:17 am

The Beginning

The story behind Paien Lab
Well, I got really bored today in Wolf Team, mostly 'cuz no one listens to me any more ("--). I've had this brewing in my mind for some time, and I guess now is a better time than any to write it. So, enjoy!

(BTW, I'm making this up as I go along. =P)

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Huff, huff, huff...

My breath fogged up the glass that stood between me and those fiends called "research scientists". I was sitting in the back right corner of a plexi-glass box, waiting for the verdict.

I still questioned the point of this. I'd signed up for a military force called "WolfTeam". They said we were even more exclusive than the Marines. At first I was skeptical. But when I saw what these men -- no, more than men -- could do, I wanted that power. A few weeks later, the call came. Lord, if had't been there. If I had just left the house, I never would've picked up the phone.

And I wouldn't be in this hellhole now.

They said a man would come to pick me up in three days, to the minute. They said he'd put me on a plane, to France, where another man would pick me up. I had asked why we were going to France, maybe a little jokingly.

"For, eh...endurance training," he chuckled grimly.

The first few days, it was indeed endurance training; running, lifting, agility courses. Then the shots started coming. One when I woke, two after dinner. That was it. Soon they became more frequent. And when I started...changing in the middle of the night, they took me there. To the lab. They put me in this box, labled plainly:

Paien Labs, Subject #4516.

Soon, I was able to control the changes, even meld the forms to fit what I wanted. I've gotta say, it was fun. I became a wolf, carved of ice with the face of a demon. I developed powers and skills; I learned to run on walls, ad throw pieces of my body that exploded and dismembered whoever was near. I loved it. I commanded death. It made the experience almost bearable.

But I learned I didn't like hurting people. It made me strong, but not satisfyed. That's when I decided to break out.

It was one day, when they let us wander in the courtyard. Some guys had already cracked, crouching in corners and waiting to die. Others were content to test their skills in sick games called "Deathmatches". Others were in it for blood, and created something more hardcore, called "Ice Hold". I'm sad to say it was indeed named for me.

I took three men with me. When the guards looked left, as they were programmed to do, we transformed, and ran the walls. We made it over the wire -- it was no match for our claws -- but there were o men waiting on the outside. I reognized one, the greasy-haired man in the white suit who had come to pick me up. The other was a buff guy, who looked Russian. He was holding a LAW in his hand like it was a hotdog. Greasy snapped his fingers, and the guy fired.

Only two of us made it out.

The upped security after that. Guards got bigger guns, and new ones were shipped in from GD every day. They put me back in the box and ran even more test on me, trying to find the source of my rebellion. They thought they'd broken me, stolen my spirit. But when they looked me in the eyes, the saw steel. Cold, hard, calculating, savage, steel.

"Would you like some food, little one?" said Greasy.

In the fog on the glass I wrote three simple words; "Go to Hard."

That night, I was rescued. A small group of men came for me. Their leader? A gruff man named Hurin.

"You ready to get out?" he smiled, showing rows of sharp teeth.

"But the guards..." I muttered.

"Taken care of. But everyone in here said to come get you, said you were the only one worth saving," he said, frowning.

I was taken aback. The guys were giving up their freedom? For me?

"Its alright. We've got men on the inside, and once everything's ack in order we'll come back for them," he said, reading my face.

"Then...let's go," I said, removing myself from the corner.

In time, I honed my skills, with a gun and my powers. They named me Peacekeeper, because I was the one to come up with non-lethal soloutions to conflicts. I like the name; it fits me.

Slowly we bean to release everyone from Paien Labs. Hurin made me his First Lieutenant, I even got to lead a few raids. Nowadays, I train the recruits, making sure they're fit for battle. Why?

Because this war isn't over until the last wolf howls.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Hope you liked it! Please leave your opinions and criticisms here! ^^
-Peacekeeper

| Signature Thanks to Meobeezy :3 |
Advertisement

alacer

Rank 2
alacer
PostedAug 06, 2009 11:50 am
*Unnecesary bump*
-Peacekeeper

| Signature Thanks to Meobeezy :3 |

Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedAug 07, 2009 5:36 pm
lol bump... Good story, its sort of your own personal back story; that would be a cool exercise for other people too. Also, I have no idea how you did it, but I was considering Hurin(or something close to it b/c it bloody rings the bell... hard.) for a name in a story similar to yours. Its fun to read(very good with the descriptions) and keeps the story flowing. Good incorporation of the back story as well, keeping to the source material. Razz

PS: loved the unbroken spirit thing, always a good feature in an imprisonment story.

alacer

Rank 2
alacer
PostedAug 08, 2009 7:00 am
Thanks! I actually got the name "Hurin" from my buddy's Call Sign. As for the unbroken spirit, it was kinda filler space, but I liked the way it turned out.

All in all? I give myself an 8.5/10.
-Peacekeeper

Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedAug 08, 2009 4:14 pm
For me it just sounded right... and FILLER SPACE?! That's a ridiculous concept that only has a place in essays and assignments. Razz Writing for fun is where you put the important and awesome stuffz. xD

alacer

Rank 2
alacer
PostedAug 09, 2009 1:16 pm
Usernam3 wrote:
For me it just sounded right... and FILLER SPACE?! That's a ridiculous concept that only has a place in essays and assignments. Razz Writing for fun is where you put the important and awesome stuffz. xD  

Ahmen, bra.

Ahmen...
-Peacekeeper

RTXZ

Rank 0
PostedAug 14, 2009 12:23 pm
Hey alacer, nice one shot. I have to agree that it's a pretty cool "personal backstory".
Anyways, thumbs up, I liked the writing style.
Not many people have the motivation and dedication to continue writing.

simonjun

Rank 0
PostedSep 01, 2009 9:00 pm
Lol this was great