Booya39

Rank 4
Booya39
PostedAug 04, 2009 5:51 pm   Last edited by Booya39 on Aug 10, 2009 2:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Shooting through walls

As you can clearly see,this guy shot me through the wall right after I spawned on red team.

Opps thought I post screenie i'll try again.

Advertisement

boddhis

Rank 4
boddhis
PostedAug 06, 2009 6:28 am
No picture to see. But, shooting through walls is possible, if it is the right wall and the right gun. Try reposting your picture.

Ainkut

Rank 0
PostedAug 06, 2009 9:18 am
i've been shot thru 2 steel walls with the beretta handgun. i cant even pierce wood with a shotgun or turret. explain please.

boddhis

Rank 4
boddhis
PostedAug 06, 2009 10:30 am
Shotgun prolly won't go through anything. But, some of the walls can be penetrated by rounds from various guns. Also, firing at angles into the corners of walls can get kills. I do not have a list of guns with their capabilities. I just know that some walls, I can shoot through for a kill. Others on here may have more in depth info. on which guns go through walls and which walls to shoot through.

Valyrin

Rank 1
Valyrin
PostedAug 06, 2009 10:37 am
Sometimes it's just lag. If the other is lagging, they can manage to shoot you even when you're behind the wall. It's annoying, I know... I went through a game where more than half my deaths were caused by that. Anyway... if you see a certain icon (looking like a pierced barrel), then it was a kill through the wall. Otherwise, it was caused by lag.

If you want to see all the guns capabilities, go here: http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=481135

I hope this helps.

boddhis

Rank 4
boddhis
PostedAug 06, 2009 10:47 am
So, lag aside, with a wall kill a gun with a high penetration score is going to work better than one with a low score. Most of the sniper rifles can probably do wall shots, while the shotguns won't.
I don't know about the pistol, maybe it was an upgraded or contest pistol. I think the turret, with the right wall, should go through.