Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedAug 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Transformation

It strikes me that there is no fan stories about Wolf Team. I am wondering if there is no interest or simply if it needs to be sparked. Either way, this is a sampling to answer my query. Here it is:

Even when I was young I knew that I was different. I felt it, even then, in my bones and subconscious. It was something I couldn't explain, something lurking deep within, something... feral. I had no idea... How could I?

My early life I was a mostly peaceful person, I tried not to make trouble, despite my mischievous streak, and others seemed to not make trouble for me. Yet, when I finally did get angry, God help who got in my way. I was a loner, I liked to stick to myself. One day I met Tom, he and I would become great friends. I didn't have many other friends, Tom and I grew really tight and so people didn't mess him either.

After I finished my required education, Tom and I decided to join the military, mainly for lack of better options. They put us through a multitude of physical tests, I passed with flying colours. Tom, unfortunately, did not. Although Tom struggled with some of the more rigorous challenges, I helped him through but then came a day that would change my life.

They woke me in the early morning, I learned to expect such things, they liked to keep us on our toes. It was only me though. They wanted to perform a series of special tests on me for the chance to be admitted into a special program. Of course I wanted to stay with Tom, but they were very... persuasive. So I went with them and they performed their tests and asked a ton of questions. I had that day off: no routine exercises to run through, no arms training, no drills... the tests took the whole time. They did everything from measure my heart rate as I ran on a treadmill for two hours, and taking blood, among other things,then seeing my performance afterward, to testing my flexibility. It was the most thorough series of tests I had ever had, but it would not be the last. Late that night they let me drag myself back to my tent, weary and worn.

The next day passed quickly, as if I was in a haze. There were a lot of questions from my friends, Tom was very concerned as to what had drained me so. Then after evening dinner I was called in where they told me that I was a candidate for their special program. I did not really want to but the offer they made me was one which I could hardly refuse... Little did I know, I would not see Tom.

So, I was separated from my group and isolated in a compound deep within the nearby forest in which we used to train and run. I learned that I was in some sort of performance enhancing program to make soldiers more resilient and stronger. I had new specialized training, far more rigorous than that which I had previously. My life was now hyper-regulated as well; my diet was carefully monitored and arranged, pretty much everything was like that. In addition to this, I also started receiving some sort of injections, gene therapy or something they had told me. I occasionally saw some men carrying out what I guessed were disguised bodies with the trash after a while. I began wondering just what it was that I had gotten myself into.

I began to feel different after a while. I noticed myself reacting quicker and my thinking clearer. Then came a day, that fateful day, when I was once again going in for observation, or so I was told. I went in and they strapped me to a table with leather restraints. Then after a few minutes, they began the procedure. They took a large syringe and injected me with something, straight into my heart. I began convulsing and everything started to slow and almost to go dark. I had thought they were trying to kill me, then everything sped back up. I could see the disgust on some of their faces... I could smell their fear. Needless to say, I too was filled with fear and an overpowering rage. I wanted to yell in protest but what I heard surprised me, rather than the scream of horror what I heard was a mighty roar. The men had fled the room and locked the door behind them. I tried to loosen the restraints and to my surprise found that they no longer held me, I looked back and saw that I had broken through them. Then before my eyes I saw my hand- but wait, it was not my hand at all but some sort of claw. I breathed in suddenly as if to recoil from it, but it was my own. Then looking in the glass of an observation window, I saw my reflection. I had been changed. I was no longer human... "It can't be though- it isn't possible," I thought at the time. Werewolves don't exist... and yet there I was staring at one with it staring back at me in the dark glass. What right had they to do this to me? I was outraged and my eyes- my eyes were glowing with fury.

A bullet erupting from behind the dark glass hit me squarely in the shoulder. As the pain blazed through me I cried out in an anguished roar. To my surprise though, the pain then ceased and the wound had ejected the bullet, sealing up. I then took vengeance, breaking through the glass, on my attacker. I cleared the observation room with ease taking out the attackers, he had backup but they were all stunned by what had just transgressed.

I, still filled with rage, went back and tore through the door to start my hunt on those who had decided to play God with my life. I could smell them, they seemed only a few of my new strides away...

So what do you think?
Advertisement

WolfOfWarblood

Rank 0
PostedAug 04, 2009 8:22 am
Wow! I like it! I personally would really like to download WolfTeam, but for some reason it keeps ditching out on me.

Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedAug 04, 2009 2:11 pm
Thanks Smile (at least someone responded, I was pretty embarrassed for a while there...) I'm glad you like it.

As to download problems with Wolf Team, don't give up! There are many mirrors from which you can download Wolf Team, even beyond what is listed by Aeria(those are just the "Trusted" ones).

mVHERO

Rank 1
mVHERO
PostedAug 04, 2009 3:02 pm
A personal revenge story of a human turning into a werewolf? Win.
I enjoyed it a lot. Better than the one on the web site for sure. Smile

Greetings,
mVHERO

A retired Wolf Team Game Sage.

Valyrin

Rank 1
Valyrin
PostedAug 04, 2009 3:54 pm
Let me see... great story. Specifically, you chose a somewhat difficult topic to write in-depth to, so I applaud you for doing so well. In short stories, especially ones of this length, character development is near impossible, creating another obstacle to overcome... which I believe you did. I myself enjoyed reading this.

However, there are a few things I believe you can do to make it better. First, you could use a little more description overall: Pick a sense and appeal to it. In this story, you could describe the color fur he has after his transformation, you could describe the pain he felt when he was shot. Some things are a little difficult to elaborate on, like the combat scenes as the forum is PG-13 rated, but you could at least attempt to do so. Before you ask, I had the very same problems you have now.

Other than that, I believe you told a great story. I don't want you to think I'm insulting you as a writer, or insulting you period: I'm only trying to better your writing. (Yes, I'm also working on something to post here. Razz Go ahead and criticize it when it's posted.)

NOTE: Everything posted here is only a suggestion.

Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedAug 04, 2009 4:33 pm
Yay!
Don't worry about insulting me if its constructive criticism(I really appreciate it in fact!). Yeah, what I really wanted to appeal to was the concept of perception in things like smell and blood... As a werewolf, the eyesight is changed(since canines are mostly color-blind) so I was planning to develop on the aspects other than visual(b/c if I do that I would be tempted to describe combat) and work on things like the new way he sees, and smells, the world around him, really good suggestion btw. Can't really do as much as I want though since it is PG-13, keeping the combat vague... Anyway its just a little story I wrote up in some spare time Razz and I was trying to keep it short; the way I love this topic I probably could have kept writing for pages BUT it was just to gauge the interest after all, and get something in this topic xD.

I might write more if there is some apparent demand, otherwise I can leave the rest of the story to your imaginations.
Thank you for the kind words! Very Happy

Valyrin

Rank 1
Valyrin
PostedAug 04, 2009 6:32 pm
No problem. ^.^ I always love to help a fellow writer.

codename09

Rank 1
codename09
PostedAug 05, 2009 1:04 pm
I was thinking of doing some fan fiction as well Very Happy

I enjoyed it. I thought it was very descriptive. I liked how you managed to fit their life from child to adult in a couple of paragraphs. It wasn't slow in the beginning, had action, so therefore win. =D

alacer

Rank 2
alacer
PostedAug 06, 2009 11:31 am
Nice! I think it was pretty epic. But read mine, too.

Link's in mah siggy.
-Peacekeeper

EDIT: Mah siggy appears to be broken...

| Signature Thanks to Meobeezy :3 |

Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedAug 07, 2009 5:41 pm
Thanks guys, and I would love to read some of your work too. I look forward to reading some storiez!

Peacekeeper, just read yours, and it was a really creative way to incorporate yourself(xD) into the Wolf Team back story Very Happy, I liked it.