Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJul 31, 2009 8:12 am

Community Volunteers

It has been recently pointed out that many people do not truly understand what community volunteers are... so I am going to try to clarify.

Community Volunteers are people that have decided to spend their time helping the community. That means that instead of just playing our games, they are spending their gaming time doing things like answering questions (in game, in forums, on the shoutbox). They are thinking up cool and fun events, and running them for whomever wants to participate. They are going out of their way to help you (the community) have fun.

What do they get out of this (aka, what is their diabolical plan)? Well, they get a warm fuzzy feeling at the end of the day (if all works as it should). They are just nice people, and are trying to help their fellow gamers.

So, how does Aeria Games fit into this?

Well, Aeria Games noticed these people, and thought... hmm, what a good idea: "I wonder if we can help these people?" This was the beginning of the GameSage program.

The GameSage program is here to recognize, and assist those people, that are working to help their fellows. We give them a title to make it easier to recognize them. We give them some contact information for the GM staff, so that they can ask questions, or let us know about issues. We give them a private forum, so that they can better coordinate their activities. We give them a little AP, so that when they do play, they can get better results. We even have them showcase new costumes and such, so that they look cool.

(Disclaimer: The last two items are really to benefit Aeria, as much as the GameSages. By making them AP spenders, it encourages others to do the same. By giving them the cool looking stuff to wear, it encourages others to want it.)

It has also been brought to my attention that many people feel that they can not report inappropriate behavior by a GameSage (or GameMaster). This is not the case. If there is a problem, you need to let us know. The best way to do that is to use the contact us form at the bottom of the page, and select 'Only Aeria Point Recharge Issues'. This goes to our billing team, and will be forwarded to the appropriate manager. There is never any retaliation for letting us know about a problem.

However, this does not mean that we want an email every time a GameSage tell you that you are being stupid. Unless they are using inappropriate language, or doing something else wrong there is nothing to report. They are just like every other player.

I hope that this clarifies some things for the community, as there seems to have been some misconception.

P.S. Domo will be opening applications for GameSage today... and I hope that you will take all of this into consideration when people start applying.

Advertisement

georgerav

GameSage: Forum
georgerav
PostedJul 31, 2009 8:45 am
Aslo, don't forget that many GS's use the AP they get to infest into prizes to do events for the gamers.

windshadow2006

Rank 2
windshadow2006
PostedJul 31, 2009 8:53 am
Been a GS for 2 years now...I was very glad to see the program escalate from LC to every other game that Aeria has brought into the spotlight.

Each game has diferent needs as each comunity is diferent in its own way, and we, as the Volunteer Team will try and live up to your expectations and help however we can and in a professional manner to the extent of our possibilities and sometimes even beyond.

Play the game, know the players, see what they want and/or expect of you and if someone asks for help they know/should to ask for a GS first before sending in a ticket.

We have actualy become somewhat of a and we will continue to be and help people acordingly..as in we love helping out..deal with it.. Twisted Evil

Sal3

Rank 5
Sal3
PostedJul 31, 2009 8:58 am
Nice info.

I truly hope that DOMO GSes who were doing their job right even tho they had huge pressure on their back will reapply and continue with their awsome work Smile

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJul 31, 2009 9:22 am
heh, I'm quoting this post so many times. Seems like whenever I go into a room people ask what a GS is Razz

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJul 31, 2009 9:41 am
georgerav wrote:
Aslo, don't forget that many GS's use the AP they get to infest into prizes to do events for the gamers.  

That is only because we have not yet figured out how to sell Pizza for AP....

marksteele

marksteele
PostedJul 31, 2009 10:06 am
Superman0X wrote:
georgerav wrote:

That is only because we have not yet figured out how to sell Pizza for AP....  

*buys pizza for AP*

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedJul 31, 2009 10:09 am
marksteele wrote:
heh, I'm quoting this post so many times. Seems like whenever I go into a room people ask what a GS is Razz  

Add it to your siggy?

Just plain Beaver now.

marksteele

marksteele
PostedJul 31, 2009 10:23 am
OSUBeaver wrote:
marksteele wrote:

Add it to your siggy?  

was just about to Razz

Sa3ana3a

Rank 3
Sa3ana3a
PostedJul 31, 2009 10:24 am
Thanks for refreshing the info about the volunteers. Smile

Removed due to content.