pigspark
PostedOct 04, 2009 8:28 am
what about deathmatch?
Advertisement

boddhis

Rank 4
boddhis
PostedOct 04, 2009 8:58 am
DM not the best for getting gold, unless you are very good and kill lotta people.
I'd do icehold and get one of the backpack upgrades.

pigspark

Rank 0
pigspark
PostedOct 04, 2009 11:54 am
im goo d at death match anyways so its ok.

Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedOct 04, 2009 11:54 am
The way that you make gold(and experience so this thread can also be used as an outline to which mode is best for experience) in Wolf Team is mainly per-game or round. The gold you get for a kill is relatively minimal, just look at the end of a game/round, the spread between the highest and lowest is pretty slim. So the best mode to earn gold in is one that puts you through round and entire games quickly. That is why ice hold is a good choice, because its purely PvP the rounds go quickly, even if someone tries to hide, even if the teams are evenly matched. The other modes with rounds are also good choices but they usually do not go as quickly as ice hold.

Now for the other modes. I would say Destruction is the best after ice hold, it still has a PvP aspect with no respawn but this time it is more tactical with an objective. It is still quite good but destruction often becomes a game of cat and mouse whereas ice hold is just cat and cat(cat fights are over pretty quickly while the mouse generally drags things out trying to run and hide so they can get the cheese[plant the bomb]). When a Destruction is played like an ice hold game it of course goes quicker, but often trying to plant the bomb then changing the game dynamic is more effective. Wolf and normal Conquest are also good methods to get gold because of the round system but it is hampered by the base system. If the teams are evenly matched the game often runs until the full extent of the time, whereas ice hold and destruction are over pretty quickly generally, due to the fact that only three bases are contested(the other two are often set snugly near a base). So unless your team completely destroys the other team and rushes, and that's rare, you do not win the game by more than one (maybe two, if there is one neutral base) normally. Pulling up the rear, coming in dead last for gold and experience farming is Death Match. Death match generally takes four times as long as a game with rounds, that does not mean its not fun though. Unless it is set to the low of maximums(like 10 minutes, 60 kills). Even in the end the amount earned from DM does not usually match the amount you can earn in modes with rounds. Because the experience is game based those who play modes with rounds can easily outrank those with more kills.

In conclusion, Ice Hold leads the pack with (generally)the fastest rounds, followed by Destruction, then Conquest and Wolf Conquest, finally is Death Match bringing up the rear, mumbling about having to go on the hike in the first place, with respawns, full game time, and high requirements for winning. If you are seeking to farm the game mechanic play ice hold BUT, I suggest you play whatever is most fun for you: it will not feel so much like work, you will probably play more/longer(b/c its just so addicting), and in the long run stick with the game and in the end earn far more. It's a tortoise versus the hare thing... The hare runs quickly(power ranks) and gets tired(of the game) and quits, where as the turtle takes it all in stride learning as it goes(unless it falls on its back: oh noes!)...

pigspark

Rank 0
pigspark
PostedOct 04, 2009 11:57 am
so its clear ice hold best for gold. ill keep that in mind

TreeOFMight

Rank 1
TreeOFMight
PostedOct 22, 2009 10:22 am
Backzlash wrote:
Even though you save money by buying a gun for a week I'd say single day purchase is still best. Especially if you stay logged in the next day since you won't actually lose the gun until you log out to server selection screen.  

The guns will expire if you go into different channels though. Also if you buy for extended periods of time in the long run it is cheaper than 1 day guns.

As for the best gametype to earn gold It would be IceHold. Destruction and Conquest are good but Conquest no longer has 9 rounds like IceHold and Destruction game types do.

angelprime

Rank 0
angelprime
PostedNov 20, 2009 12:43 pm
ice hold
fast rounds fast kills fast money
nuff said

GirlycarDemon

Rank 5
GirlycarDemon
PostedFeb 11, 2010 11:00 am
Generally, you will get the most gold and GP from Ice Hold. Ice Hold matches are also usually pretty fast, compared to other modes, although they do not produce as many kills and a death match, knife mode, pistol, or wolf war. In Ice Hold, the number of rounds makes the biggest difference in the end gold and GP, instead of the kill death ratio. Lets say there is a 9 round match with 3 minutes per round. Usually it will be over in less than 3 minutes, so the total might be about 15 or 20 minutes for the match. This will give you about the same gold and GP as a 30 or 40 minute death match.

nivky5

Rank 0
nivky5
PostedJul 20, 2010 4:05 pm
I always do ds2. i think its the most fun because with Ice Hold, if you have a crappy team it's so hard to win. with ds2 if you're good enough, you can even win if your team sucks. and i get 1.5k gold each win for 9 rounds. but it [iit sounds like Ice Hold is better than ds2. So if there arent any good Ice Hold 8v8 matches, join a ds2 for a round then go search for an ice hold match.

ImDoinYourDad

Rank 0
ImDoinYourDad
PostedAug 21, 2010 7:10 am
My friend plays alot, i just started too - Icehold gets loads of GP Try 9wins! And Max Players! G.L!