AndoSky

Aeria: Product Manager
AndoSky
PostedJul 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Getting Started in Wolf Team

New Players Read Here if You Are Lost
Here are the basic instructions to help new players who are having trouble getting started in Wolf Team.

1. REGISTER AN AERIA ACCOUNT
Creating an account is easy, click here to get started

2. DOWNLOAD THE GAME
The client is not too large, it should take you less than an hour to download it. Visit the Wolf Team download page and choose any of the mirror sites listed or the Aeria Games bit torrent downloader.

3. INSTALLING
Once the download is complete, run the installer. If you are using Windows Vista you may need to run as admin and give the application permission to install.

4. BEFORE RUNNING THE GAME
Wolf Team uses GameGuard so it is suggested you close all background applications that could interfere with the game. Also if you have old video card drivers you may want to update them before playing for optimal performance.

5. LAUNCHING WOLF TEAM
Double-click the Wolf Team shortcut on your desktop to run the game. The first thing the game will try to do is patch up to the latest version. If you have a firewall or some other form of security software, be sure to give Wolf Team permission to run on your computer or else you may block some of the ports.

6. LOGIN
Once the game is done patching you can now log in. Type in your Aeria account name and password in the bottom right-hand corner of the launcher. If the launcher doesn't recognize your account name and you have an old account, try logging into the website and then try again. Once login is computer, GameGuard will being to patch before the game loads.

7. CHOOSE A CHANNEL
Your first decision once you get in the game will be to choose a channel. As a new player it is recommended you join the room Boot Camp which is level restricted to players of the rank Private

8. CHOOSE A ROOM
When you join a channel you will be presented with 10 rooms you can join. You can scroll through and find other rooms by using the arrows towards the bottom of the screen. It is suggested you begin by playing a Deathmatch game, since it is the simplest mode for new players. You will need to find a room where other players have a low ping (MS). If your ping is too high compared to other players you won't be able to join.

9. SELECT READY / GAME START
Once you find a room you will be put on a team. To switch teams you can use the circular arrows at the top of the screen, though both teams must be balanced. To begin playing select the the "Ready" button. If the game has already started the button will instead be called "Game Star"t.

10. PLAY
After the map loads you will begin playing. First you will select a weapon, for now just select the first option on the left. Controls in Wolf Team are similar to most other FPS games on the PC. You can use WASD to move around. Use the left mouse button to fire you weapon. Use the number keys to switch guns. In Wolf Team if you hit the "3" button you will transform into a werewolf (in modes that support this), and hit this button again to switch back to a human.

For additional information please visit the Wolf Team game guide:
http://wolfteam.aeriagames.com/guide/started

------------------------------------

** IF YOU ARE HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUE **

If you are still having a technical problem that is preventing you from playing it is recommended you visit the Tech Support Forum http://forums.aeriagames.com/index.php?f=727

Advertisement

simplypie

Rank 2
simplypie
PostedJul 29, 2009 10:27 pm
Great guide Ando, *kicks foot in dust*

just a little suggestion,the game is at least (on a good computer) an hour long download,which is pretty fast for a game but i suggest that while they download the game they study the guide that you mentioned at the end so that they can do a little better in the game and have a better understanding of how it works (because im sick and tired of having people ask me how to turn into a wolf)

i mean just so that they arent bored while they download the game Razz

EDIT*and new players may also want to read this
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=467317

if i reply to your topic,it must be pretty damm important,either that or im bored.

funtime100

Rank 0
PostedSep 04, 2009 4:01 pm

PROBLEM

PROBLEM
I have a problem with wolf team i open it it gets into the game and then i stay in the lobby for 5 min and then all of the sudden it disccont me from the server and it exits the game ......this problem just started to happen to me today........ i didnt have any problems till now...and i've been playing the game for 2 months

rgee123

Rank 0
PostedNov 01, 2009 9:08 pm

problem

problem
it say waiting on the bottom left corner of the lancher

Penn0r

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2010 6:54 am

Re: Getting Started in Wolf Team

New Players Read Here if You Are Lost
Dear Gm and readers,

I told my friend to play wolfteam because he likes FPS. So he made an account and he liked this game very much. He played hours every day and even bought AP.

I saw that an event was running so I told him to go online. He did this and he didn't know the rules of the event yet (he is new, so you can't blame him for that.) He had to wait because the event room was full. He thaught: ''hey, time for a joke'' so he made a game room with the same name as the event room: 'G.M. Event #3' just for FUN. He was curious if people would join his room. Suddenly he was kicked out of the room and wolfteam shutted down: HE WAS BANNED.

I think you can't just bann someone for this stupid joke. He didn't even got a WARNING!!

Please unbann my friend because he's realy upset about this and he don't deserve this punisment for just some stupid joke.

andrewnk

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2010 12:40 am
cool

kurdiish

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2010 7:24 am

Probleme

it is normal that when I go to a map, I klike on start after I waits. Then there is an image of the map which displays but his rest to blockIt is normal?

wolfje15

Rank 0
PostedMay 18, 2010 11:32 am

were i choose a channel?

were i choose a channel?

saadh45

Rank 1
saadh45
PostedJun 19, 2010 6:45 am

the waiting problem is mainly caused if u change the wolfteam directory.
try reinstalling and make sure it is installed in C/aeriagames.

after that dont make change the file name or cut the aeriagames folder and paste it somewhere else, if u do that the wAITING will still be there.

saadh45

Rank 1
saadh45
PostedJun 19, 2010 6:47 am

channel

u choose the one close to u, to make sure less lag is created.
since WT is a p2p game, take a server that u think is close to u..its better for all