mVHERO

Rank 1
mVHERO
PostedJul 24, 2009 8:47 am   Last edited by mVHERO on Sep 25, 2009 3:32 pm. Edited 21 times in total

How To: Report hackers/glitchers

DO NOT MAKE A NEW THREAD!
This tutorial will teach you how to record video easily, for those who want to capture or report hackers and/or exploiters.

The following programs are capable of recording in-game:
Fraps [Recommended]
Xfire

There are more, but these are the ones that i know, which do work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Fraps: How to Use

1.1. Download Fraps from the official site here.
1.2. Install Fraps
1.3. Change your settings as you prefer. Go to Movies > FPS. As for the FPS i would suggest more than 60 atleast[See my NOTE3 in the post]. Go to Movies > And set the size to Full-size.
1.4. Start recording in-game with the hotkey you have set.

NOTE: This program uses a lot of memory when recording, so it should be used only with high-end computers!
NOTE2: This program can also take screenshots.
NOTE3: This program has caused other program malfunctions for me, when launching Fraps or using Fraps. Just a warning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.Xfire: How to Use

Xfire is an gaming program by itself, but it also has a in-game recording tool, among other things.

2.1. Download Xfire from the official site here.
2.2. Install Xfire
2.3. Go to Tools > Options > Video. Click on "Enable Video Capture"; Set your FPS as you prefer[I would suggest more than 60]; Set your size to Full-Size; Click on "Record sound" and choose your audio device. Also set your hotkey to what you prefer to record with. You can also choose to what location the videos will be saved.
2.4. Start recording.

NOTE3: About setting your FPS[My monitors hertz rate is 85, so i set my FPS to 86, because anything more would not improve your performance, because your monitor cannot display more FPS than it's hertz rate, so anything larger would just show you how fast it WOULD run].
NOTE4: This program uses less memory than Fraps, so your performance drops less than it would with Fraps.
GENERAL NOTE: For low-end computers: I have learned that if you choose the "half-size" setting in the options, you will experience less framerate drop, than with "full-size".

3.Uploading and Reporting

To report hackers/glitchers or any rulebreakers you may encounter follow these steps:

3.1. Find your preferred video which has clear proof of a rulebreaker in action.
Use the step 3.2a or 3.2b, whatever you prefer.
3.2a. Upload it to a file hosting website. [Recommended]
Examples:
MegaUpload - Maximum 1024MB
SlingFile - Maximum 1000MB
TurboUpload - Maximum 400MB
SendSpace - Maximum 300MB
RapidShare - Maximum 200MB
3.2b. Upload it to a video hosting website.
Examples:
YouTube
DailyMotion
MetaCafe
3.3. Go to AeriaGames Contact Page.
What subject names to use:"WolfTeam hacker report/Reporting a hacker/Reporting a glitcher"
What subject names not to use:"plzzzzzz ban/omg hacker"
Choose the correct category[WolfTeam issues]
Add as much as information about the report as possible. Make sure to include the uploaded file link/uploaded video link and the rulebreakers IGN[nickname] and other information that will prove useful.
Example of a hacker report:

3.4. Report it!

Greetings,
mVHERO

A retired Wolf Team Game Sage.
Advertisement

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedJul 24, 2009 9:05 am
Great guide and stickied!

Any chance you could explain the next step of getting the video out of the program and posted to somewhere so you can share the link?

I've had a heck of a time making that work and ending up with anything viewable.

Just plain Beaver now.

TenkaichiPT

Rank 0
PostedAug 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: How To: Report hackers/glitchers - Look here before posting!

What's the diference in Half-size and Full-size in fraps?? (in quality terms)

mVHERO

Rank 1
mVHERO
PostedAug 03, 2009 4:37 am
As far as i know, the quality does not change, only the video resolution.

Greetings,
mVHERO

A retired Wolf Team Game Sage.

pigspark

Rank 0
pigspark
PostedSep 29, 2009 11:48 am
OOh id say xfire work wayy better for me.

Dark619

Rank 0
PostedOct 22, 2009 12:10 pm
hi can you ban xXKingKockXx and MRxxOWNU it because both use the hack to shoot through walls clan called koolaidkids. Do not be I could take because screens and video. I Do not be fraps. I do not tell ****

Flyingbox

Rank 4
Flyingbox
PostedOct 22, 2009 1:41 pm
Dark619 wrote:
hi can you ban xXKingKockXx and MRxxOWNU it because both use the hack to shoot through walls clan called koolaidkids. Do not be I could take because screens and video. I Do not be fraps. I do not tell ****  

Wrong thread. Wrong place. Wrong procedure.
If you read the first post then... you'd get the point.
You MUST have unedited evidence for a report. Word of mouth is not enough.

Berserkernenad

Rank 3
PostedOct 23, 2009 6:15 pm
i have quite a few pics id like to post. its a wall hack in train station. but i didn't get a video. can that still work?

Retired 12sky2 redemption G12. -NenadGoD 1st Lieutenant Wolfteam. -Berserker

Sieg01

Rank 2
Sieg01
PostedOct 23, 2009 6:33 pm
Screenshots are not as solid as video evidence. If the screenshots you have taken show without a doubt someone hacking, glitching, being offensive whatever then yeah it is more than enough send it in.

If you are personally unsure of whether a screenshot or series of screenshots doesn't show enough evidence then send it in anyway explaining in detail the person(s) you're reporting I'm sure the GM who reviews your submission will look into it.

Thelol182

Rank 0
PostedNov 04, 2009 7:29 am
Xfire wont work in game any idea why? i start wolfteam with xfire tho.,...