Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 09, 2009 8:22 am   Last edited by Celera on Aug 08, 2009 5:55 pm. Edited 15 times in total

[ Frequently Asked Questions ]

Tickets / wrong mount / forum login bugged / Ap webmall / ingame mall / screenshot upload, etc.

Many players, especially those who play Shaiya come across things they never encountered before and don't know how to act on it. Below I will explain the most common ones. Some of the things below, already can be found in other guides. But I want to provide a one-topic section with hands on information, as well as links to the existing guides.

1. Sending ticket

2. Forum login bugged

3. Screen Shots and how to upload them for tickets

4. Server status

5. In-game chat commands

6. Links with extensive information

7. AP webmall / In game mall / Promotion items

8. Party, Perfect Party, Union (aka Raid)

9. Where can I find Cursed Magic Leathers?

10. What are the spawn times of bosses (AoL / D-Water)

Advertisement

Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 09, 2009 8:31 am   Last edited by Celera on Jul 09, 2010 4:57 am. Edited 7 times in total

1. Sending a ticket

Often you will have your question answered by, send in a ticket. Not for everyone is this quickly to understand. Each ticket has a ticket number. I will explain how to send a ticket, below.

Reasons to send a ticket are mainly:

• Game Master Events (To specify prises, monthly or bimonthly GS openings)

• Guild Leader Change

• Bugged quests (Quest reset or switching of items - this currently [July '08] affects the NM mount quest)

• Ultimate Mode revival package information

• Kill-steal report

• Questions GS' in game can't answer.

To help Game Master's to process your tickets as fast as they humanly can, use formats you can 'copy / paste' in below examples. They will always try to answer to your e-mail, within 2 days. Though when this fails, its often due to information they need and did not receive yet.

Q. How do I send a ticket?

You send in a ticket, using the Contact Us.

• Select Game Support for general tickets or use the specific ones you require. Most speak for itself in the next page.

Specify in a Subject, as short as you can 'why' you send the ticket.

Next select Shaiya issues, this is the Shaiya Game master division.

This is the most important bit. I will soon give you some readily available copy / paste templates to use, making your ticket sending, and Game Master Ticket processing much easier and faster, below.

The ticket can only be send if you copy the text and numbers in the picture 'exactly'. Before you send it, STOP, read everything again and make sure you have it filled in as best you can.

Once you send the e-mail you will receive a ticket number on the screen. Write it down on paper and don't lose it. If you have not had any email from the GM's after two days, you are allowed to ask a GS to remind the Game Masters that you send it.

Templates you can copy and paste for Tickets:

For an 'epic quest reset' copy the following template:

Code:

1)  The character name is:

2)  I play on the server:
    (Lailah, Teos, Etain or Gaia)

3)  I play on the:
     (Light / Fury side)

2)  The exact name of the quest is:
     (Not just epic, but the exact name)

3)  The start and end NPC is:
     (Characters in game who give the quest and quest reward at the end.)

4)  The exact name of the quest item is:

To find the quest name's, please search in this section "Game play". Many players have made wonderful quest guides including all the information you will need to fill in.

For an 'Guild Leader Change' copy the following Template:
[ This can only be done 1 time per month. The purple text of the Guild will come after the servers had maintenance. ]

Code:

1)  The current GL character name is:

3)  I play on the:
     (Light / Fury side)

2)  The new GL character name is:
     (Make sure the new GL is rank 2 in guild or GM's can't change it to rank 1)

3)  The reason I change Guild Leader Character is:

Character Revival - Price: 7500 AP

Contact ticket title: Character Revival Be sure to put "Character Revival" as the Subject!

Code:

1)  Account Name:

2)  Deleted Character's Name:

3)  Name of Server the Character was on:

4)  Character Difficulty Mode:
     (Normal, Hard, or Ultimate Mode. UM revival is most common)

5)  Character Level:

6)   Character Class:
      (Light: Fighter, Defender, Priest, Ranger, Archer or Mage)
      (Fury: Warrior, Guard, Hunter, Oracle, Sin or Pagan) 

7)   Other:
      (Other info that may help us identify the character to revive.)

8)   Alternative Character Name: - Optional

• Once you have bought it, LEAVE it in the bank.
  • Please be aware that after sending, it may take up to 5 business days before the character is restored.
  • If bought for another player on another account, leave the essence in the bank.
  • Aeria Games is not responsible for any trade between players and cannot be held accountable.

For an 'Wrong mount' ticket, please copy the following template:

GM's will change it and leave it in the Bankteller within 2 days.

Code:

1)  The character name is:

3)  I play on the:
     (Light / Fury side)

2)  I have received this mount from the quest:

3)  You can find it in:
     (Location, in your backpack + folder  or warehouse and add the page nr.)

4)  Please change it to:

Reporting of Kill Steal or harassment problems:

Please note you will need to have screen shots or frapped movie to make accusations or the GM's can't act firmly.

Code:

1)  My character name is:

3)  I play on the:
     (Light / Fury side)

2)  I want to report:
     (Player / forum name)

3)  My complaint is:
     (Give as much information you can)

4)  Here I have evidence:
     (URL Links to pictures / forum posts / screen shots of personal forum messages, you-tube or another media website)

Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 09, 2009 8:32 am   Last edited by Celera on Jul 10, 2009 7:37 am. Edited 4 times in total

2. Forum login error

When you see this error you may think: "Did I do anything wrong?"
The answer is: No. You did not do anything wrong.

What happened is: The forum and front page servers are two different computers, a login on the forum ends faster then on the main website. So you look like your still logged in. The forum computer meanwhile decided you have not done anything for too long. And has ended your time on the forum.

How to fix it: You need to log yourself out of the main website, to make both web page and forum accept you again. I have added images of what to look for if you don't understand.

Log out

Log back in.

After you did this, you can read and answer on the forum again.

Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 09, 2009 8:33 am   Last edited by Celera on Jul 11, 2009 4:12 am. Edited 5 times in total

Screen Shots and how to upload them for tickets

At times you will be asked to make screen shots about either kill stealing, or abusive harassing text another player sends.
While there are programs who can make screen shots I'll explain what to do when you do not have such a thing.

Shaiya - has an in-game screen shot function.

Press F12 or Prt Scr to make a screen shot.
In your log you should see screen shot saved with a number.

If you see, screen shot failed, please restart the entire game as it has been glitched.

To find your screen shots on your computer, go to the Shaiya folder. This depends on where you installed it.

Standard is:
C:\AeriaGames\Shaiya\SCREENSHOT

Following the Screen Shot section above, you will have your 'evidence' should you need to upload pictures for a ticket.

There are several free sites you can upload your screen shots to.

As example I use the easy to use imageshack:

Use browse to find the image you need to upload.

Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 09, 2009 8:34 am   Last edited by Celera on Jul 09, 2010 4:58 am. Edited 4 times in total

4. Server Status and common errors

It can happen that when you try to log in you either are referred to the message board or forums. This can be due to scheduled, unscheduled maintenance or connection problems on the player side.

In General Discussion forums Game Masters will keep players updated as much as they can if there are unscheduled maintenances.

To check real time status of the servers you can use this external link.

For connection problems I will refer you to The Shaiya Technical Support section [GS]Langerz is a very technical man and many other technical players read that section frequently and are often able to help with problems.

Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 09, 2009 8:35 am   Last edited by Celera on Jul 09, 2010 5:00 am. Edited 8 times in total

Links with more extensive information

Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 09, 2009 8:38 am   Last edited by Celera on Jul 15, 2009 6:59 am. Edited 3 times in total

In game chat commands

There are various ways to communicate in the game itself. Not everyone knows all commands. Allow me to explain. When you wish to communicate in the game and press the speech bubble on the left, you see several ways to type in your message.

Common chat can be read by people near you. It shows up white and is briefly seen over your head as well. The radius is not very wide.

To make your words carry further use the command " /yelling your message."
The text will appear very bright red in your text box and to those nearby.

There is an option to map wide chat called area chat.
This can be started by the "~ your message" in common chat and can be read by everyone in that map. Text will show up blue.

To send private messages or 'whisps' you need to know the exact name of the one your trying to reach.

An example is: ! RedRose14 your message follows here.

Party chat can't be read by people not in your party.
To use this type in: @ Your message follows here.

If yourtype /alert (or /raid) message contains quotes, only the quoted portion will be displayed

example: /alert Watch out for "someone"

To use Trade Chat you need to be at least level 10 on any mode.

Trade has this this command: # your message to the world chat.

You may use this for social chats but mainly will be used for trade.

You will see:

• WTB (Want to buy)
  • WTS (Want to Sell)
  • LFP (Looking for Party)

quite often.

To make your text better readable for yourself you can change the background called Alpha. Or change it to transparent if it has your preference.

BlueDogGravy

GameSage: Shaiya
BlueDogGravy
PostedJul 09, 2009 11:27 am
Wow! U had to show me up huh? Smile

Celera

Rank 2
Celera
PostedJul 10, 2009 5:03 am   Last edited by Celera on Jul 16, 2009 6:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Ingame Help Screen

(more will come soon)

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedJul 15, 2009 5:05 am
Stickied under General Guides.

/karma