chapitaback

Rank 0
PostedJul 01, 2009 7:48 pm
You should start banning the high ranks that have no logic kill count. (Not for Kompressor, its the only high rank i have seen its legal)

Wolfkiller (Rank 1) = 2000 Kills with 55000 GP
Chapita (Me xD) : 1500 Kills with 100000 GP

Duh O.o?

Hope u take some action, i hate those peruans who came from WTL to bug gp and be 1st rank, i know theres going to be wipe but they will come again.

Be sure to get this GP & Gold bug fixed before opening Open Beta.

Thanks for your attention. see you
Advertisement

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJul 01, 2009 7:49 pm
AndoSky wrote:
marksteele wrote:
This_No_All wrote:
Awesome!
Actions against exploiters, cheaters, hackers ...any bad kind of player are required in any online game!

I would like to meet a GM/GS in the game. Dont they have differnt color text and name as we have in Project Torque?  

well that's the problem, once the game is released u can become a power user who has the ability to change chat color.  

True, that's why our GM's are identified with [GM] at the start of their name, which isn't something a player can normally put as their name  

ohhh that makes seance

(btw why did u make valk use big red text this time Razz)

simplypie

Rank 2
simplypie
PostedJul 01, 2009 7:50 pm
marksteele wrote:
AndoSky wrote:
marksteele wrote:
This_No_All wrote:
Awesome!
Actions against exploiters, cheaters, hackers ...any bad kind of player are required in any online game!

I would like to meet a GM/GS in the game. Dont they have differnt color text and name as we have in Project Torque?  

well that's the problem, once the game is released u can become a power user who has the ability to change chat color.  

True, that's why our GM's are identified with [GM] at the start of their name, which isn't something a player can normally put as their name  

ohhh that makes seance

because last time when he used size 1 font to tell people to stop spamming them for gifts no one got the message Razz

if i reply to your topic,it must be pretty damm important,either that or im bored.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJul 01, 2009 7:51 pm
simplypie wrote:
marksteele wrote:
AndoSky wrote:
marksteele wrote:
This_No_All wrote:
Awesome!

ohhh that makes seance

because last time when he used size 1 font to tell people to stop spamming them for gifts no one got the message Razz  

ahh that makes much more seance now Very Happy

(woot quote tree)

ProCaptured

Rank 2
ProCaptured
PostedJul 02, 2009 2:22 am
marksteele wrote:
simplypie wrote:
marksteele wrote:
AndoSky wrote:
marksteele wrote:
This_No_All wrote:
Awesome!

ohhh that makes seance

ahh that makes much more seance now Very Happy

(woot quote tree)  

lol...

There is also the Ice hold exploit, which people are abusing and it gets annoying.
Nice SHINY warning.

Off Topic:
They should also make a pride called - "GameMistresses"
Its a suggestion.

Persiangato

Rank 5.1
Persiangato
PostedJul 02, 2009 2:54 am
More offtopic
If I can't use my normal screen name [RE]Gato, I demand a ceremonial burial for it.

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedJul 02, 2009 6:07 am
Wouldn't it be more useful not to ban them whilst on Closed Beta? It would provide more information about things to be fixed prior Open Beta release.

Which in the end, could make an exploitless Open Beta.

EmperorsLegend

Rank 0
PostedJul 02, 2009 8:15 am
GMValkyrie wrote:
thorer wrote:
XD I played Ando, he wasn't so great. <3 Also, what about GM impersonators. How do we know they're actual GMs and not fakes? Surprised  

GMs will have [GM] in front of their name. If they don't have brackets, they're probably imposters.

I say probably, because there are some GMs here that play for fun and might not have gotten tags. However, please still report them if you see them. Better to have a laugh at a coworker than to have impersonators running around! Smile

thorer wrote:
Also on a sidenote. Vitamin A and Vitamin C invited me to a room for icehold, Vitamin A was reesurecting(sp) his teammate while Vitamin C was killing only the teammate. Does that count for an exploit? :/  

We're counting that as a headshot/kill count exploit. If you see players doing this, please be sure to record the exploit and submit it for investigation.

On a side note to everyone: we DO investigate reports. A simple "he's hacking, ban him" isn't enough, but if you provide us with information about what kind of hack or exploit you've witnessed, and better yet provide evidence, we'll look into it.  

Ok but what are the boundries of exploiting? sitting next to 2 computers in a 1/1 password protected room, scraping lots of exp and gold?

What are the classifications of exploits in this game (as I just see them as stupidity of choice when creating a game) should we be punished for stupidity of creators? (no pun intended)

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedJul 02, 2009 8:53 am
EmperorsLegend wrote:

Ok but what are the boundries of exploiting? sitting next to 2 computers in a 1/1 password protected room, scraping lots of exp and gold?

What are the classifications of exploits in this game (as I just see them as stupidity of choice when creating a game) should we be punished for stupidity of creators? (no pun intended)  

Ahh the age old exploiting discussion...simply put, any activity that falls outside the bounds of normal gameplay, brings the user unnatural benefits, and is obviously not within the intent of the game.

If you aren't joining a room with other players and just playing the game by killing them and getting killed occasionally, it's probably an exploit. If you are using secondary programs to change anything about how the game reacts for you or how you are viewed by other people it's probably an exploit. If you are manually manipulating anything to do with how you send or receive information to and from the game or other players it's probably an exploit.

The argument that you are being punished by the "stupidity" of the creators of the game for benefitting from non-standard gameplay is akin to complaining to the judge that it's the store's fault for not keeping their candy bars in locked glass cases when you are caught stealing one and prosecuted. Would you mess with the pieces in a game of chess with someone then tell them that it's their fault for turning their head during the game?

However, it's also stated in this thread that Aeria is sending requests to the developpers of the game to see if these exploits can't rendered impossible to accomplish...some of them will probably get fixed, but other will probably be discovered.

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win.

Just plain Beaver now.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJul 02, 2009 9:05 am
If it seems like is too good to be true, it probably is.