HoboBunny

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2009 5:57 pm

My Rant

About Laggers
This is a rant. If you don't wanna hear it, then leave. And before you say anything, I recognize that this is a complaint. This is "beta" after all.

Long time ago, when i first downloaded the old softnyx wt, I remember there being all 2-70ms players (in my point of view). After a while, players from Europe and central/south America joined the US west server. There were loads and loads of people who had red ms'es and too many "laggers." So I quit, then when I heard about the new Wolfteam hosted by Aeria games, I remembered how fun it was and I signed up for beta. I saw people with super low pings and had a great time. And history repeats itself, I played with people all the way from even China playing in the US west coast server. Some people might say, that orange ms really doesnt have an impact on gameplay, but occasionally I get "lagged" pretty bad. It is still annoying even though it seldom happens.

What Im proposing here is to somehow automatically direct players from Europe into the "europe" server and Asia to "Asia" and ect. Im not saying that these players bad mannered and are terribad at the game. Heck, I get rolled really badly by a lot of them. I just don't see why they would come into the US server just because it's more populated. There are enough players to form a sizable community in other servers. Does anyone agree with me?

EDIT: sorry wrong section
Advertisement

prnstarz

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2009 6:15 pm
we all agree with you, only people that does not agree are all the ones leading and directing the wolfteam game. So, sadly for us, we'll have to keep playin with beaners

RoyMakio

Rank 1
RoyMakio
PostedJun 26, 2009 6:43 pm
Until it hinders gameplay. I have great internet connection, yet they stop me from entering rooms, because their ping is so high. It fustrates me to find a room with the mode and map I love. Join it, and can't play it because some weird ethnic person has 400 ping.

(My internet is a 5G netowrk so I don't lag)

To control, is to destroy.

prnstarz

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2009 6:44 pm
RoyMakio wrote:
Until it hinders gameplay. I have great internet connection, yet they stop me from entering rooms, because their ping is so high. It fustrates me to find a room with the mode and map I love. Join it, and can't play it because some weird ethnic person has 400 ping.

(My internet is a 5G netowrk so I don't lag)  

will continue to happen to you, not to burst your bubble, they'll never fix that cause its another international WT

HoboBunny

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2009 6:45 pm
Which is why there are designated servers for international gameplay, and the point of this thread is to question that.