ScreamWT

Rank 0
PostedJun 14, 2009 3:59 am
AndoSky wrote:
ScreamWT wrote:
1. Will there be an Europe and a North America server seperated from each other or one server for all?  
Wolf Team is a little different from most other games at Aeria, other than perhaps Project Torque. There is a server, but it mostly just functions as a lobby to allow people to join rooms and chat. The actual game is peer-to-peer, meaning the latency depends on the other players you are playing with. There are a couple of things designed to help reduce the chances of getting into a laggy game. The first is that there are different channels that players can join that that have named based on their region. For example, there are 2 channels for Europe, so players can go there to find other players who live close to them. The second thing is that once you join a room, everyone's ping is displayed. Anyone who has a much higher ping than the person who created the room is automatically kicked from the room (this may seem a little strange at first, but it's actually a very good mechanism for ensuring low ping times).

ScreamWT wrote:
2. Are you going to IP- Block ppl from other continents than Europe and North America?  
There will be no IP blocking  

Ok, thank you for the answer..
so it will be very similar to wolfteam international.

anyway, Im looking forward to the aeriagames wolfteam Smile
Advertisement

christik

Rank 0
PostedJun 14, 2009 4:59 am
I m very disapointed that the game will be Peer to Peer... people who has a Router(like me) wil get a very high MS. and that SUx -_-

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJun 14, 2009 6:49 am
hmmm p2p sux but i don't lag on international servers so i'm good =D

on an unrelated note, i finally fixed my video card problem (but in the process fried my motherboard) so i ended up getting some new parts, + a sweet new sapphire HD 4670 video card and i'll have everything up by tonight, i hope Razz

funami

Rank 1
funami
PostedJun 14, 2009 6:04 pm
woot i can't wait to play this version. i played the international version but its full of lag and hackers hope you guys can keep up with the hackers.

<a> </a>

WTDylan

Rank 0
PostedJun 15, 2009 1:51 pm
Hey guys, i'm excited about this Very Happy

Anyways i wanted to ask about any changes that you guys are going to make. Like any graphics changes, gameplay changes, sound effect changes. Stuff like that.

Oh and for the closed beta, how do you get your key?

deadtiger08

Rank 0
PostedJun 15, 2009 2:20 pm
ScreamWT wrote:
AndoSky wrote:
ScreamWT wrote:
1. Will there be an Europe and a North America server seperated from each other or one server for all?  
Wolf Team is a little different from most other games at Aeria, other than perhaps Project Torque. There is a server, but it mostly just functions as a lobby to allow people to join rooms and chat. The actual game is peer-to-peer, meaning the latency depends on the other players you are playing with. There are a couple of things designed to help reduce the chances of getting into a laggy game. The first is that there are different channels that players can join that that have named based on their region. For example, there are 2 channels for Europe, so players can go there to find other players who live close to them. The second thing is that once you join a room, everyone's ping is displayed. Anyone who has a much higher ping than the person who created the room is automatically kicked from the room (this may seem a little strange at first, but it's actually a very good mechanism for ensuring low ping times).

ScreamWT wrote:
2. Are you going to IP- Block ppl from other continents than Europe and North America?  
There will be no IP blocking  

Ok, thank you for the answer..
so it will be very similar to wolfteam international.

anyway, Im looking forward to the aeriagames wolfteam Smile  

if it will be p2p and no ip block between servers.. like in europe only europe ip's..

it will be the same of softnyx... full of lag.. people teleporting... latinos and arabs always come to europe "play" ruining all people game... much of them only have bad ms inside the game...

the only thing i see that can be better is the managment...

AndoSky

Aeria: Product Manager
AndoSky
PostedJun 15, 2009 3:06 pm
We tried to designate the channels as best we could by the regions where we had the rights for (NA & Europe). Hopefully this will encourage people to join the correct channels closest to where they live to help minimize the number of people with high ping rates.

We'll see how it goes in beta Smile

The_Kira

Rank 2
The_Kira
PostedJun 15, 2009 3:17 pm
Oh thats good and bad news. I hope it won't require some big connection. Especially that I have asimetric connection and my upload is UBER low. Well I hope it will be alright Smile

removed for content

deadtiger08

Rank 0
PostedJun 15, 2009 3:20 pm
AndoSky wrote:
We tried to designate the channels as best we could by the regions where we had the rights for (NA & Europe). Hopefully this will encourage people to join the correct channels closest to where they live to help minimize the number of people with high ping rates.

We'll see how it goes in beta Smile  

i bet you guys do... i guess softnyx does that to...

but players dont do that... if you played wt on softnyx as long as i do.. you will see what i mean

people that in room have 100ms.. and in game it goes like 1000ms.. and we see them teleport..or we kill them.. the body fall we walk like 5sec.. and then we die from him.. and appears the kill counting..its really boring..

i can tell best times of softnyx wt was the beta ones...

i think some of them use programs to fake ms so they can "play"

infinitiinferno

Rank 0
infinitiinferno
PostedJun 15, 2009 4:19 pm
Hi, I play Wolfteam (from Softnyx).

Its a great game, but poorly monitored.

I'm ecstatic about the switch of developers.

I'm ranked at around #300-400 International, and #13-20 US...

I've been playing since the Closed Beta from Softnyx, and I was wondering if I could reserve my username when we make the switch to Aeria Games.

All my friends know me by this name, and I have a strong following on YouTube with my Wolfteam Sniping Videos (youtube.com/minorutono).

Also I'd like to make an inquiry concerning the switch. Will all Ranks be reset? I've worked hard for my rank, but if its inevitable that it'll get reset, oh well.

Thanks for your time, answer if you can.