simplypie

Rank 2
simplypie
PostedJun 12, 2009 5:23 pm
AndoSky wrote:
Wow, I'm fairly impressed so far. Last night we sent our first big report to the developers with the issues we came across while doing the playtest with the sages/mods who volunteered to help. Today we checked our email and the developers had already fixed half of the issues we reported and sent us an updated version of the game! That's very fast. The other half of the bugs they said they would be working on for the next update.  

softnyx? fix something?! ROFL thats a first...but great job softnyx i suppose i shouldnt complain huh?

if i reply to your topic,it must be pretty damm important,either that or im bored.
Advertisement

StarW0lf

Rank 1
StarW0lf
PostedJun 12, 2009 5:56 pm
simplypie wrote:
AndoSky wrote:
Wow, I'm fairly impressed so far. Last night we sent our first big report to the developers with the issues we came across while doing the playtest with the sages/mods who volunteered to help. Today we checked our email and the developers had already fixed half of the issues we reported and sent us an updated version of the game! That's very fast. The other half of the bugs they said they would be working on for the next update.  

softnyx? fix something?! ROFL thats a first...but great job softnyx i suppose i shouldnt complain huh?  

Thats unfair Simply. They fixed the glitches . . . well most of them. And it only took them 2 years! Seriously, I can't wait to test out WT under Aeria's management.

Edit: Any word on how we can join the closed beta?

~Bmon2~

simplypie

Rank 2
simplypie
PostedJun 12, 2009 9:42 pm
StarW0lf wrote:
simplypie wrote:
AndoSky wrote:

Thats unfair Simply. They fixed the glitches . . . well most of them. And it only took them 2 years! Seriously, I can't wait to test out WT under Aeria's management.

Edit: Any word on how we can join the closed beta?  

they will release downloads for closed beta on June 26th (THATS WHEN I GRADUATE ROFL!)

if i reply to your topic,it must be pretty damm important,either that or im bored.

Vvnv

Rank 0
PostedJun 12, 2009 11:14 pm
Can't wait...

*prays for lag free games*

Thats I all I need...I has faith Smile

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedJun 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Vvnv wrote:
Can't wait...

This is one of the major parts of a closed (and open for that matter) beta; Testing the system under load, determining its limits accordingly, and adjusting where necessary.

I can't wait, this is going to be so fun.

Just plain Beaver now.

ScreamWT

Rank 0
PostedJun 13, 2009 3:05 am
ehh I got some questions:

1. Will there be an Europe and a North America server seperated from each other or one server for all?

2. Are you going to IP- Block ppl from other continents than Europe and North America?

simplypie

Rank 2
simplypie
PostedJun 13, 2009 2:03 pm
Vvnv wrote:
Can't wait...

the whole point in open and closed betas is to fix lag issues and so on...so dont get too excited once it releases as it IS still a BETA

EDIT!!!! omfg i was checking dates and it said open beta release was 22-26th....
DOES THAT MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO CLOSE IT AGAIN AFTER A WEEK WTH!

anotherloser101

Rank 2
anotherloser101
PostedJun 13, 2009 4:56 pm
simplypie wrote:

EDIT!!!! omfg i was checking dates and it said open beta release was 22-26th....

Well, closed beta doesn't last forever. They're gonna close it down and I think a week is a good reasonable amount of time, longer people will start worrying about losing the rank they had during the CB, shorter people may many bugs and stuff.

AndoSky

Aeria: Product Manager
AndoSky
PostedJun 13, 2009 8:12 pm
ScreamWT wrote:
1. Will there be an Europe and a North America server seperated from each other or one server for all?  
Wolf Team is a little different from most other games at Aeria, other than perhaps Project Torque. There is a server, but it mostly just functions as a lobby to allow people to join rooms and chat. The actual game is peer-to-peer, meaning the latency depends on the other players you are playing with. There are a couple of things designed to help reduce the chances of getting into a laggy game. The first is that there are different channels that players can join that that have named based on their region. For example, there are 2 channels for Europe, so players can go there to find other players who live close to them. The second thing is that once you join a room, everyone's ping is displayed. Anyone who has a much higher ping than the person who created the room is automatically kicked from the room (this may seem a little strange at first, but it's actually a very good mechanism for ensuring low ping times).

ScreamWT wrote:
2. Are you going to IP- Block ppl from other continents than Europe and North America?  
There will be no IP blocking

simplypie

Rank 2
simplypie
PostedJun 13, 2009 8:15 pm
anotherloser101 wrote:
simplypie wrote:

Well, closed beta doesn't last forever. They're gonna close it down and I think a week is a good reasonable amount of time, longer people will start worrying about losing the rank they had during the CB, shorter people may many bugs and stuff.  

i see...thanks for reply i didnt know you would lose your rank...but i was hoping for a month long beta but w.e its fine i suppose a week will be okay