doughnutz

Rank 0
doughnutz
PostedMay 28, 2009 11:26 am

Best stat build for Pvp 30 Hm Hunter

I was going to go with all LUC but was told without DEX Im not goin to hit anything... Is it better to go 6-1 or 5-2 LUC/DEX.

Would I miss alot going full LUC on 30Pvp?
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 28, 2009 1:39 pm
this quote came from the stickied archer/hunter guide

avyn wrote:
20-30 PvP BUILDS
I don't have much experience in this zone. A STR/DEX build will still be solid, but a well rounded LUC build has the ability in HM/UM to out damage a STR/DEX build at lvl 30 PvP. I would shoot for the high 400s for LUC and then try to get your DEX into the 100s. I wouldn't worry too much about STR. You will need great gear to pull off a build like this so only attempt it if you have lots of gold and are very serious about this PvP zone. Using great gear you can get your LUC in the mid 400s and your DEX into the mid 100s and you will still have some STR as well. But it requires expensive gear. If you can't afford such gear then perhaps you should stay as a STR/DEX build, shooting for maybe 150-200 DEX and the rest into STR.

i hope that this will help ^^

signature of xybolt

MaugaN79

Rank 0
MaugaN79
PostedMay 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Just to let ya know luck hunters do NOT need dex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have proved this many times over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

Insert copy and paste Apology > HERE <

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMay 30, 2009 12:42 pm
xybolt wrote:
this quote came from the stickied archer/hunter guide

avyn wrote:
20-30 PvP BUILDS
I don't have much experience in this zone. A STR/DEX build will still be solid, but a well rounded LUC build has the ability in HM/UM to out damage a STR/DEX build at lvl 30 PvP. I would shoot for the high 400s for LUC and then try to get your DEX into the 100s. I wouldn't worry too much about STR. You will need great gear to pull off a build like this so only attempt it if you have lots of gold and are very serious about this PvP zone. Using great gear you can get your LUC in the mid 400s and your DEX into the mid 100s and you will still have some STR as well. But it requires expensive gear. If you can't afford such gear then perhaps you should stay as a STR/DEX build, shooting for maybe 150-200 DEX and the rest into STR.

i hope that this will help ^^  

I didn't write that Shocked

MaugaN79 wrote:
Just to let ya know luck hunters do NOT need dex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have proved this many times over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink  

Good luck with that Razz

But yeah, all physical DPS classes need Dex. It doesn't matter what build you do. You need Dex to land a physical hit.

Barrtabb

Rank 0
PostedMay 30, 2009 12:47 pm
I've been PvPing my HM archer in 20-30 for about a week now, my gear isn't fully lapised yet, but i have 380luc with buff from sin, and i don't crit near 80%. more like 60% at best. PVP is kinda like trying to crit on a pando mob or some EoG bosses. You will need some dex to crit.

I've tested this on reg map mobs and I do crit near 80%, dex does matter. If it didn't then why do we need dex to crit on a pando mob, or EoG boss? It wouldn't make sence to have two different game engines for critical % in the same game. The reality is that dex does matter, but only if you're target has a decent amount.

Finhorn

Rank 3
Finhorn
PostedMay 30, 2009 2:22 pm
MaugaN79 wrote:

Who are you? I would gladly let you duel me with your no dex build and see how well you hit me Wink I can assure you, you will miss more than you ever hit me with no dex.

Dex is needed for 20-30. You should try to eventually work towards 150 dex. You will still miss some of the uber fighters and obviously rangers with that dex and your evasion would be absolute 0, but for the most part you could get away with this dex and do good damage atleast.

The standard luck for 20-30 seems to be 500 now. Not mid/high 400s. Though with ranks I do still suggest going higher than that.

I cant say a good stat build for you. 5luck 2 dex or 6 luck 1 dex works. You need to figure that out after you finish lapising your toon, after thats done then calculate what you have to work with, and go with it. Ive restated more times than I got fingers and toes and never had a actual charted build to go with. hehe

6gunjustice

Rank 0
6gunjustice
PostedMay 30, 2009 3:54 pm
Aes wrote:
DO LUC BUILDS NEED DEX?

Let's get this out of the way first. Somehow a long time ago perhaps in a land far away it got started that critical hits do not need DEX to hit, so if you are a high LUC build with 95% critical hit rate you wont need any DEX at all and you will always hit. Certainly in PvE before level 50+ this seems to be somewhat true, you can do just fine with a pure LUC build or even a STR/LUC build and little DEX. But in PvP and against the higher level mobs this becomes less true. Almost everyone who goes high LUC and low DEX thinks everything is fine, until they get to Pando and start missing so much that it becomes unbearable. So then we reset to include DEX and this seems to correct the problem. 200 DEX is the minimum recommended amount for high level action for a high LUC build and 300 DEX is more recommended for PvP. This is a touchy subject, we don't understand why things are as they are because nobody has run the proper tests.

However, the most logical theory is that DEX is needed for critical accuracy and that LUC for the most part deals with critical hit "rate". So for now we just accept the fact that we may not understand the mechanics of this but DEX IS needed even for LUC builds.  

Belwing

Rank 1
Belwing
PostedMay 31, 2009 6:03 am
For 20-30 its simple rule for archer. If you have enough money and you want to spend a lot time in zone - make dex/luc build with lvl 5 lapis, ele, enchant lvl 5 and more. If you want play decently for fun and enjoy playing from time to time - go STR/DEX. Put some duals and lvl 4 lapis into your gear and you will have fun...

I had got about 120 dex and sometimes it want to smash my keyboard for so many miss (usualy against profi players), but most of time it worked fine. It depends on you how you want test your build...but keep in mind, if you dont have enough funds...you will have about 450-500 stat points totaly. And with it its hard to make some decent luc build.

You will never walk alone.

Attila2452

Rank 0
PostedMay 26, 2011 4:40 pm
so again, is it 6-1 or 5-2?

The Greater The Difficulty, The Greater the Glory.

Lanceknightmare

Rank 2
PostedMay 26, 2011 8:17 pm
A 5-2 or 6-1 being the best build. Is an entirely mute question by itself. Say you wanted to first use your Dexterity. To level to level 30. Before actually gearing your character up for PvP.

1 Dexterity per level = 30 Dexterity at level 30
2 Dexterity per level = 60 Dexterity at level 30

The required amount of Dexterity needed for 95% accuracy for an Archer is 90. So, this would mean around 30 or 60 added Dexterity would be required. In order to hit the amount of Dexterity needed for an optimal character.

On the other hand, in Pvp. It really depends on how much dexterity your opponent has. So, the answer can never fully be answered for how much Dexterity is optimal. Because the answer will be different. Depending on the opponent that you are facing. Which will usually remain a ? Mark.

2 Dexterity is a much easier build to work with. Because it requires lower quality lapis in order to make work. On the other hand. A player on a Higher Budget. Could actually pull off a 6 to 1 ratio. Or, even build where all base statistics go into one statistic. While the rest is supported by Lapis. Though, this isn't always the correct path even for a rich user.

0-30 PvP BUILDS

This is a good rule of thumb to follow.