Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedMay 15, 2009 7:05 am   Last edited by Theaitetos on May 15, 2009 2:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Forum Rules & Barter Board Advice

what about initial bids? are PMs enabled?
Enable Private Messages!

The forums were changed a few months back and personal settings were generically set to "Do not accept PMs". Before you post in here, or write anyone a PM make sure to check your settings so others can reply and pm you. If you fail to do that, then dont wonder why nobody ever writes you back or sends you any offers via pm!

Go to your profile here, then Edit Profile, then Privacy, and set the first menu to "Accept PMs from anyone".

Initial bids for buyers and sellers

Written by blitzkrieg22

Has anyone else noticed that there are rarely prices posted on the these forums? It's understandable, since everyone is trying to get the best deal and most value for their item. Lets take Elemental Lapis for example, they vary in price depending on what element and type (weapon or armor) they are. However, when ever someone posts selling elemental lapis it always ends up looking like this:

Selling

Blazeburn lapis - offer
Gale lapis - offer
Earth shock lapis - offer

Then sometimes as a buyer, you have to PM the person, with your offering. And often the sellers are insulted with the offer you've given. An Offer is defined as to propose or put forward for consideration. If you're asking for offers be prepared to be low balled. There are times however, you will get an offer above what you were asking prices, but generally people do there homework and browse Apulune/Iris before shopping on the forums.

I find it really funny when someone posts a message like this at the bottom of there page: "Please serious offers only"
This is a indirect way of saying "Give me more money please". There are no such things as "serious offers". I mean there can be a person who is really really serious and put in a bid of 250m for a Blazeburn lapis. Then there will be me who will put in a funny offer of 351m. That's right! A funny offer! So which offer will the seller take? The SERIOUS OFFER or the FuNnY oFfEr ?

Haha, and no I'm not saying to put at the bottom of the page "Accepting both serious and funny offers."

Here are a few tips you can use before selling/buying items on the barter:

Arrow Have a Buyout Prices. This price is the price you will be satisfied and is within reason.
Arrow When selling items, rather than putting the word OFFER beside, place your Buyout Price and if you would like to receive offers state, "OR best offer (OBO)".
Arrow List prices or buyout prices for as many things as you can, people find hard numbers attracting, you will receive more offers!

As for buyers, do your research, check Apulune/Iris beforehand or ask in trade chat on price checks. Careful, people will often try to lie even in trade and set extra high prices in Apulune/Iris.

How to trade across servers?

The servers are linked via the Linked PvP Zone Waiting Room. That room can be accessed by all players from any server at any level. But the room is faction specific, i.e. there is a room for the Alliance of Light and one for the Union of Fury.

You can trade with others in that room just like you can anywhere else with people of the same faction on your server.

To get into the Linked PvP Zone Waiting Room, please enter the portal in:

Apulune - Alliance of Light

Iris - Union of Fury

Advertisement

Mafijs

Rank 1
Mafijs
PostedMay 15, 2009 8:03 am
Nice Very Happy, I hope it gets stickied

Unbidden

Rank 5
Unbidden
PostedMay 15, 2009 9:17 am
Just want to say thx to GMs for linked barter board

fredovdb

Rank 3
PostedMay 16, 2009 1:41 am
Eek Spelling =P

I'm gone, doing some real life stuff. Goodbye all and take care.

spwvb

Rank 3
spwvb
PostedJun 10, 2009 12:45 pm
As always Theaitetos you have too much time on your hands but as usual good info Wink

StreetBaller8

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
StreetBaller8
PostedJun 13, 2009 4:43 pm
How do you trade if two ppl r on different servers and factions?

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedJun 13, 2009 6:38 pm
Seller is Lailah AoL buyer is Teos UoF for example.

Buyer makes a Lailah UoF account, gets the money from his Teos to his Lailah, trades with the seller from Lailah light in Arena/Vault and trades the item from his Lailah UoF to his Teos UoF.

That's the only way when both account and faction are different.

StreetBaller8

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
StreetBaller8
PostedJun 15, 2009 2:26 pm
Thnx =D

d4rkintruder

Rank 4
d4rkintruder
PostedJul 27, 2009 4:35 am
kikix12 wrote:

Buyer makes a Lailah UoF account, gets the money from his Teos to his Lailah, trades with the seller from Lailah light in Arena/Vault and trades the item from his Lailah UoF to his Teos UoF.

By an account you mean just a toon on lailah right, on the same account as ur toon on teos?
Caus i wanna know exactly how it works, need little help.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedAug 12, 2009 3:58 am
d4rkintruder wrote:
kikix12 wrote:

By an account you mean just a toon on lailah right, on the same account as ur toon on teos?
Caus i wanna know exactly how it works, need little help.  

I would presume he means a toon on the same account, but as there are a few possibilities here, I'll list them:

Three ways given Kikix' example above:
a) Buyer makes a Lailah Fury toon on the account he is already using for Teos Fury. This means he will have to go through another Teos UoF player to transfer his money from the Teos to the Lailah toon. Once the money has been transferred to the Teos intermediary, buyer logs on Lailah toon and Teos intermediary meets with him in the Linked PvP office to transfer the money.

b) Buyer creates a new account (with new player ID and all) and makes a Lailah Fury toon on this. Otherwise identical to a), provided if not the case of c)...

c) ...where buyer has access to two computers he can use at the same time. Buyer creates a new account (with new player ID and all) and makes a Lailah Fury toon on this. Buyer logs on to his Teos Fury toon on one computer and Lailah Fury toon on the other, takes both toons to Linked PvP office and transfers the money between the toons.

Alternative c) is vastly preferable if possible. Using a GS or a guild leader/officer as intermediary is usually the best option for a) and b). Using ingame friends as intermediaries...well...that is a quick way of learning what sort friends they are. Quite a few have given their gold to friends that suddenly turned out to be nothing of the kind as soon as they got your gold in their hands. It all depends on how much you think you can trust someone.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.