CorvuCorax

Rank 4
CorvuCorax
PostedMay 06, 2009 10:42 pm
So that's what you do when you get bored? Great job as usual!
Advertisement

johnny5125

Rank 0
PostedMay 07, 2009 2:54 am
very nice guide lots of good information.

something kinda minuscule in your death section you have that death occurs at 0 hp you actually don't die till you have -1 life not sure if its the same for mobs since I can't see their exact health but my guard has walked away from some sticky situations at 0 health on several occasions

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMay 07, 2009 5:55 am
It's a bug with HP. You seem to be "immortal". Heck, once on my ranger I got dropped to 0 life after the mob was at half HP and still attacking. Not only (with 0 life) I did kill him, but pot and survive.

Dunno what makes it happen, but I guess it's just that HP is shown as lower than is actually, and is fixed by potting.

zediscool

Rank 0
PostedMay 10, 2009 11:16 am
Sup

I am concerned on which server I should pick. At first I started in Lailah without reading forums. Then i started realizing that its very crowded in Map 2 I cant find a grind spot. So I thought of starting all over on a different server. I am a lvl 22 NM mage in Lailah.

Now about starting over: I have questions regarding servers and factions.
From this thread, I understood that Lailah is the most populated server, Teos being mid-populated and Etain being least populated.

1. Does this mean prices for items like Lapis are cheap in Lailah since Lailah has sooo many players? thus more frequent lapis drops. The opposite goes for Etain. Because Etain is low in population, does this mean items like lapis are expensive?

2. Etain being the least populated server, is it a ghost town? Will I be able to find parties to run dungeons or simply to exp?

3. I heard from someone that UoF start with higher base stats, thus making them superior in PvP.. true? Also what is the main difference between AoL and UoF? except for different maps/looks.

4. In all servers, which faction has more players? and which has more experienced players?

5. Should I start over JUST because a server being crowded and being not able to find grind spots?

Please answer these above questions. I did use the search function but I couldnt find any answers.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMay 10, 2009 11:44 am
zediscool wrote:
1. Does this mean prices for items like Lapis are cheap in Lailah since Lailah has sooo many players? thus more frequent lapis drops. The opposite goes for Etain. Because Etain is low in population, does this mean items like lapis are expensive?  
Right the opposite. There's a high supply, but also a very high demand. Even more, there is a LOT of gold on the server, which means that each piece of it is less worth. High inflation. Etain is the cheapest, lailah have the highest costs.

zediscool wrote:
2. Etain being the least populated server, is it a ghost town? Will I be able to find parties to run dungeons or simply to exp?  
It's not a ghost town. You should be able to find parties like on lailah.

zediscool wrote:
3. I heard from someone that UoF start with higher base stats, thus making them superior in PvP.. true? Also what is the main difference between AoL and UoF? except for different maps/looks.  
There is almost no mechanical difference. There are few things that favor one side above the other, but with one exception, they are not worth mentioning. You can choose either faction without any serious drawback, really. (Though now race skills made another difference.)

zediscool wrote:
4. In all servers, which faction has more players? and which has more experienced players?  
Total for all servers, AoL is slightly more populated than UoF. I guess it would be within few % between em on various servers.

Both factions are equally experienced, and "domination" on server changes.

zediscool wrote:
5. Should I start over JUST because a server being crowded and being not able to find grind spots?  
It's your choice. On lailah it's hard to shine, that is true. If you don't mind the challenge though, you can as well stay on it.

That said, if you don't want to be forced to be a hardcore player, yet you still want to have chance to be "on the top", etain is far better.

zaldar

Rank 0
PostedMay 10, 2009 5:40 pm
so what is the one difference? One fury class seems to have the ability to move incredibly quickly in that they are right next to me one second than half a map away the next very annoying especially since as a nm mage I get destroyed in pvp quickly.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMay 11, 2009 2:44 am
zaldar wrote:
so what is the one difference?  
AoL's quest gives lvl3 lapis, while UoF's equivalent gives heroic lvl25 top.

Zordan99

Rank 0
PostedMay 14, 2009 6:17 am

Great Guide

Thanks Krystian. I started couple of days back and was getting confused about various things in the game, but your guide clarified all. Great guide for newbs.

One Q though: Is it advisable to do quests or should I go for normal grinding as a newb?

sambodini

Rank 4
sambodini
PostedMay 14, 2009 7:22 am
Holy Canole! (and guacamole)...

Very nice guide Smile

Quests are worth it for awhile, especially on NM. Make sure you do the epic quests and stuff because they give items that you probably wont be able to beat for a while.
Eventually youll find quests arent worth it as much, and just end up grinding.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMay 14, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Great Guide

Zordan99 wrote:
One Q though: Is it advisable to do quests or should I go for normal grinding as a newb?  
Yes. As sambodini said, there are couple good quests, that are worth doing. At the beginning you won't know which those are though. That said, it's a great way to relieve the boredom.

It may be less effective experience in the long run for most, but even so, NM's kill pretty slow. Slow enough to make that of little value. So...for NM I suggest doing quests just for some "goals" to play with. On HM, you'll know whether you want to make em or not, and which are worthwile (along with four new dread quests).