Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedApr 20, 2009 9:59 am
Btw, you have any information or tests about the amount of gold you get for Deaths?

I would try to find out myself dual-boxing with 2 low lvl toons in PvP and killing myself, but I fear I get banned for stat padding. Razz

Advertisement

Tweekus

Rank 0
Tweekus
PostedApr 22, 2009 9:57 am

max rank NM :/

I saw the new ranking stat chart and was actually mortified to learn that normal mode toons can actually get the same "rank" as an ultimate mode. I had my NM pag stay in the lower pvp zones specifically so I could have a strong, fast-lvling farmer toon for my HM's and is currently at max rank(6) on Etain with 10002 kills. The problem is that I have since moved on to lvl 48+ and am realizing that I will "miss out" on the fast-ranking pvp zones when EP4 comes out. Will I have to get all my future kills in 1-60? If so, I might just use him to farm duals and not go for lvl 60 at all. Comments?...

Diamond

geoffinho2006

Rank 3
PostedApr 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: max rank NM :/

Tweekus wrote:
I saw the new ranking stat chart and was actually mortified to learn that normal mode toons can actually get the same "rank" as an ultimate mode. I had my NM pag stay in the lower pvp zones specifically so I could have a strong, fast-lvling farmer toon for my HM's and is currently at max rank(6) on Etain with 10002 kills. The problem is that I have since moved on to lvl 48+ and am realizing that I will "miss out" on the fast-ranking pvp zones when EP4 comes out. Will I have to get all my future kills in 1-60? If so, I might just use him to farm duals and not go for lvl 60 at all. Comments?...

Diamond  

The whole point of 1-15 is to introduce you to PvP. The only problem with 1-15 is too much NOS is used so people think it will be impossible to get any kills in other borderlands too whcih isn't true. Just get your rank on other toons but 10k kills is a lot for NM.

Tweekus

Rank 0
Tweekus
PostedApr 24, 2009 11:59 am

Additional meanderings...

Yes, I realilze that was the initial "point" of 1-15, but necessity is the mother of invention. If 20-30 and 1-60 are just not crowded enough for a decent kills/hour ratio, then some are forced to go to where the action is. Nossing is an unfortunate side effect of this phenomena and one that I wouldn't know how to fix and/or legitimately enforce. After all, that's how Shaiya turns a profit. I realize that the majority of players out there are not concerned so much with rank and the extra points along with them, but some of us actually include those future points in our various builds; especially those that 1) play Shaiya mainly for its pvp dynamic and, 2) do not have the cash, for whatever reason, to pour into nos/rem/etc. It is one way, and a decent one I might add, to counter the either cash-heavy or the time-heavy people. And by time-heavy I mean those that are online like 12 hours a day or more and have plenty of 50+ hm/um toons to not have to worry about having actual money.

Additionally, with the new(and in my opinion a bit rediculous) ranking chart coming out in EP4, can you really blame someone for nossing when they raise the reward-for-kill system to 200k kills? This is the equivalent of getting about 550 kills/day over an entire year to achieve. Yikes.

To caveat all of this, I do not think my point of view is by any means the norm. Just one of many. I am one of those that enjoys the simple gameplay of Shaiya and is not so hung up on doing everything the "right" way in order to have an accepted or viable character. Perhaps the other new aspects of EP4 like the raid events will counter the monstrous new rank chart. In any case, I appreciate any and all comments, however diasagreeable.

^_^

KTCAOP

Rank 5
KTCAOP
PostedApr 26, 2009 11:57 am
Locked for Review

Debaser457

Rank 2
Debaser457
PostedApr 28, 2009 11:56 am
u get free pts. from the excellent warrior whenever u want?cozi already got my extra stat pts. so can i go and get some more Smile

Lailah-Fury: Aiosforos-Lvl 40 HM Warr -Ms.Debaser-Lvl 2x UM Warr -Crystalia-Lvl 10 UM Heal Orc

Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedApr 28, 2009 12:04 pm
You can get them any time you want, not all the time you want. Every rank just once. Wink

Nukchuu

Rank 0
PostedMay 07, 2009 9:20 pm

pvp kills

another no0b question
I'm assuming you have to deal the final blow to get credit for the kill? Is this correct? So say if I had a wis orc grouped with a party in pvp the only way to get a kill would be to get the last shot in with a nuke? Or does doing 'some' damage to an enemy that your party kills also give you credit?

This thread has answered all my questions except that one! Thanks much =)

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMay 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: pvp kills

another no0b question
Nukchuu wrote:
I'm assuming you have to deal the final blow to get credit for the kill? Is this correct? So say if I had a wis orc grouped with a party in pvp the only way to get a kill would be to get the last shot in with a nuke? Or does doing 'some' damage to an enemy that your party kills also give you credit?

This thread has answered all my questions except that one! Thanks much =)  

Just as in PvE, the person who deals the most damage gets credit for the kill. Everyone in the party of that person within range also gets credit.

Csqua

Rank 0
PostedMay 10, 2009 7:21 pm

pvp stats

stats per pvp area or overall
my question is one i have not seen raised yet. if u achieve the max rank in 1-15 and get ur stat points do u get to start all over again in 20-30 or is it cumulative as in kills in 20-30 get added to ur 1-15 kills someone plz explain

15 aol hm fighter
25 aol hm mage
40 aol nm fighter
a person with a question