Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedApr 19, 2009 12:15 pm   Last edited by Theaitetos on May 20, 2009 5:54 am. Edited 14 times in total

Tantalus' "PvP Ranks & Stat Points" Guide

Comprehensive information and answers about rank

Whenever you or your party kills an enemy in PvP, your Kill Count increases by one. Accumulating more and more kills gives you a higher PvP Ranking, which translates into free Bonus Stat Points!

You can see your Kills in your Status Screen (T):

This shows your Kills from PvP

Here is the chart that shows how many kills you need for a specific PvP rank, and how many bonus stat points you receive for each rank:

In Episode 3 there were different PvP rankings, here is the old chart for Episode 3:

You get the mentioned stat points for every new rank in the chart. It is not a total, it is a new bonus.

At the end of the chart, it shows the total bonus points for the max rank of each mode.
Advertisement

Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedApr 19, 2009 12:16 pm   Last edited by Theaitetos on Apr 21, 2009 5:40 pm. Edited 5 times in total

Deaths

Whenever you get killed by an enemy in PvP, your Death Count increases by one. Accumulating more and more deaths gives you a higher death ranking, which translates into free gold!

You can see your Deaths in your Status Screen (T):

This shows your Deaths from PvP

Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedApr 19, 2009 12:16 pm   Last edited by Theaitetos on Apr 21, 2009 5:45 pm. Edited 9 times in total

Where to get the free stat points ?

The Excellent Warrior Manager in your Capital City allows you to successively receive bonus stat points for each rank. Talk to him to claim your stat points one by one for each rank.

You can find the Excellent Warrior Manager NPC in Iris (Union of Fury):

You can find the Excellent Warrior Manager NPC in Apulune (Alliance of Light):

Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedApr 19, 2009 12:17 pm   Last edited by Theaitetos on May 20, 2009 5:59 am. Edited 6 times in total

F.A.Q.

Frequently Asked Questions about PvP Rankings

• Question: Why does the Excellent Warrior Manager not give me my stat points?

Arrow There is a minimum level requirement to make sure 1-15 PvP remains fair; you need to be at least level 16 to claim your bonus stat points.

• Question: What exactly does the chart show?

Arrow The chart shows the amount of stat points you get for a new rank each. These are not total/accumulated points, but the extra new points you receive for unlocking a new rank.

• Question: When I get a higher rank and did not claim my stat points yet, will I lose some?

Arrow No, you won't ever lose bonus stat points from ranks in any way. The Excellent Warrior Manager gives you stat points in succession for each rank achieved.

• Question: How many times can I redeem points from the Excellent Warrior Manager?

Arrow You can redeem your points from him as many times as you want, and whether you redeem them at every interval, or just at the final interval you will have the same number of bonus points.

• Question: What happens when I use a Stat Reset Stone?

Arrow The Stat Reset Stone also resets your bonus stat points to 0. You have to go back to the Excellent Warrior Manager and claim them all again.

• Question: Do I also get bonus stat points from victories in duels?

Arrow No, duel Victories and Defeats are counted separately and have nothing to do with Kills and Deaths from PvP. You won't gain nor lose anything by having either.

• Question: Can I make a character on the other side, kill it many times and get stat points too?

Arrow No, that is called "stat padding" and is forbidden. The GMs will reset the rank of a stat padder and temporarily ban the stat padder for some time, if it is the first incident. Doing it again leads to a permanent ban of the accounts.

• Question: When my party kills others in a GvG, will we get counts for Kills and Deaths too?

Arrow Yes, Guild vs. Guild battles are the same as PvP battles in this regard.

• Question: When Episode 4 comes, will we lose our ranks or stat points?

Arrow No, you won't lose your rank, but it will be automatically changed into the new rank symbol and title from Episode 4. The bonus stat points for the early ranks, that you can achieve already, are the exact same amount for these ranks in Episode 4. You won't lose or gain any stat points.

• Question: I already have more than 20,000 Kills on my NM, or more than 40,000 Kills on my HM - what will happen to me?

Arrow Episode 4 gives you now the possibility to claim status points for your higher rank too, so just go to the Excellent Warrior Manager and claim your free points.

• Question: Why did high ranked characters disappear from the Rankings website?

Arrow The website used a signed 16-bit architecture, and the highest number it could display was 32,767. If someone had more Kills than that, he vanished from the Rankings site. This did not affect the game in any way, the website is something different. With Episode 4 changes came to this and rankings should show everyone again now.

• Question: Is there a maximum amount of Kills possible?

Arrow Shaiya used an unsigned 16-bit architecture, and the highest number it could store was 65,535. You couldn't get more than this amount of Kills, it simply stopped there. And you didn't get the additional kills added when Episode 4 came. The update fixed that, and you can go up to the highest amount of kills, 200,000 and receive your bonus points.

Adelaida21

Rank 1
Adelaida21
PostedApr 19, 2009 12:35 pm
Ya, i would like to know how much gold can u win from deaths to! Easy money Wink lol!

Lumimancer

Rank 0
Lumimancer
PostedApr 19, 2009 12:50 pm
Adelaida21 wrote:
Ya, i would like to know how much gold can u win from deaths to! Easy money Wink lol!  

Heh, actually, you need to die *a lot* of times to get the max amount of money which is only 100,000. By a lot I mean tens of thousands of times. >.>

Great post Theaitetos. Very Happy
/karmabutivealreadydoneitsoicantdoitagain

Teos: Alliance of Light Kerallia-lvl 5X HM Defender~main Elutherlla-lvl 15 PvP UM Ranger, rank > Zorellia-lvl 15 UM Archer~on hold www.aerianator.com

Halide

Rank 2
Halide
PostedApr 19, 2009 6:59 pm
I think it's important to note that if someone in your party is far away and kills someone you do not share credit for the kill. I'm not sure what the distance limitation is, but this is just another reason to stick together as a party.

The name is Twisty, MrTwisty.

Althamus

Rank 5
Althamus
PostedApr 20, 2009 1:46 am
[b]Question: How many times can I redeem points from the Excellent Warrior Manager?
You can redeem your points from him as many times as you want, and whether you redeem them at every interval, or just at the final interval you will have the same number of bonus points.

^ Question I always get asked, might be handy to put in. Its implied in your second FAQ but I figured putting it in B+W might help.

Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedApr 20, 2009 2:03 am
Added it right after the second, thx. Smile

ShadowFreak

Rank 4
ShadowFreak
PostedApr 20, 2009 9:50 am
nice post Thea
Will try to get sticked to help people find this info.

Now on the post note.

PVP rule enforcement
If you manage to mess up and break the few pvp rule we do have and gets your rank reduced,
Your bonus point auto deletes if you rank get reduced.
Been tested
They are tracked so for example a "mental giant" with 30k+ kills is spawn killing the portal spawns in d1 or d2 - they wil end up with 0 kills ---- they loose all the bonus points added to stats.
Yet another reason to stay away from the portals.