NinjaChu

Rank 2
NinjaChu
PostedMar 16, 2009 8:31 am
If they didn't make money off of it, they wouldn't be doing it...

</common sense>

Advertisement

teetotaler

Rank 1
teetotaler
PostedMar 16, 2009 4:24 pm
I find the links largely distracting and annoying, plus most of the time they don't even come close to what the post was talking about.

Still, if you're really this desperate for revenue, I admire your willingness to make this page resemble a free website crawling with spyware.

Keoll

Rank 3
Keoll
PostedMar 17, 2009 11:53 am
kikix12 wrote:
KrossX wrote:
Offtopic: One's a myth, the other's a mistaken right.  
This and this shows that there are situations that allow "unauthorized" file downloading.

Both show "review and criticism" as a an example. That said, I doubt that's just a myth, as evaluation of a game is just that, review.

...That's all off-topicness from me...  

Do not use wikipedia as your support source for copyright arguments.....Wikipedia is so full of misinformation, it's not even funny and can not be used in a court of law.....Also, what is legal in Poland, is not necessarily legal in the U.S....There is absolutely no universal/global agreements on fair use and copyrights.

Now...Popping up the link generated by the newest advertising addition to the forums for downloading full copies of console games is a great example of why the "Content Links" should be removed from this site....It makes an average user think that Aeria Games condones potentially illegal behavior even though they pop disclaimers up to the contrary.

Niggly

Rank 3
Niggly
PostedMar 17, 2009 12:25 pm
maybe its just me but i don't see the content links anymore Smile hope they have been remove

...SpOoOn !!

Giovanna_X

Rank 5
Giovanna_X
PostedMar 17, 2009 6:41 pm
Keoll wrote:
kikix12 wrote:
KrossX wrote:
This and this shows that there are situations that allow "unauthorized" file downloading.

Both show "review and criticism" as a an example. That said, I doubt that's just a myth, as evaluation of a game is just that, review.

Do not use wikipedia as your support source for copyright arguments.....Wikipedia is so full of misinformation, it's not even funny and can not be used in a court of law.....Also, what is legal in Poland, is not necessarily legal in the U.S....There is absolutely no universal/global agreements on fair use and copyrights.

Now...Popping up the link generated by the newest advertising addition to the forums for downloading full copies of console games is a great example of why the "Content Links" should be removed from this site....It makes an average user think that Aeria Games condones potentially illegal behavior even though they pop disclaimers up to the contrary.  

While Wikipedia is unreliable, even there you can find accurate information, occasionally. Fair Use does cover certain "unauthorized" uses of copyrighted material, but the exact meaning of "Fair Use" is not clear, which gives some leeway for both the copyright owner and the person wanting to make use of the material. In general, however, there are certain factors involved in making a determination of Fair Use. These can be examined, from a US perspective, here:
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

What is clear, however, is that this absolute statement is absolutely false:
"Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, is illegal, period."
because, on the contrary, an educator need seek no authorization to distribute photocopies of newspaper/magazine articles (or even chapters from a textbook not already in the university bookstore) to his/her students (and this is but one example of Fair Use).

Tecca

Rank 2
Tecca
PostedMar 17, 2009 6:44 pm
Giovanna_X wrote:
Keoll wrote:
kikix12 wrote:
KrossX wrote:

While Wikipedia is unreliable, even there you can find accurate information, occasionally. Fair Use does cover certain "unauthorized" uses of copyrighted material, but the exact meaning of "Fair Use" is not clear, which gives some leeway for both the copyright owner and the person wanting to make use of the material. In general, however, there are certain factors involved in making a determination of Fair Use. These can be examined, from a US perspective, here:
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

because, on the contrary, an educator need seek no authorization to distribute photocopies of newspaper/magazine articles (or even chapters from a textbook not already in the university bookstore) to his/her students (and this is but one example of Fair Use).  

You, dear, are correct. =)

And I'm glad to see that the content links are now gone.

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedMar 17, 2009 8:54 pm
@Offtopic:

Giovanna_X wrote:
[...]

That has not to do with "Fair Use" but the Copyright Law itself, wich authorizes if the conditions are met. Thus, there's no "need to seek" because it's already allowed by law.

Source: Copyright Law of the United States of America
Nice table: Denison - Copyright Policies

But anyway, all it was ment as "That downloading site, is bad bad". XD

alexbei2

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2009 4:08 pm
1 owrd to describe the whole thing

ANNOYING

SneakerHead.

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Jellyfish10001

Rank 4
Jellyfish10001
PostedJan 10, 2015 10:45 pm
Please do not necro old posts.

The last post on this thread was from 2009.

Locked.