WayneJr918

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2009 11:54 am
Anadyne wrote:
I'm not brave enough to go to "procreation" websites, but I'm sure they're there.  

nice way of putting it o.0 ---------------------------------------^^^^
Advertisement

Tecca

Rank 2
Tecca
PostedMar 15, 2009 1:02 pm
I'm not feeling the ads, but I can live with it. It's mostly because I get fixated on that one ad content word in a persons post for some reason. I can't continue to read the rest of the post until that fixation goes away. >_<

Raulete

Rank 0
Raulete
Always dislike when forum content is translated into an ad post. It gets confusing to the lesser technically inclined users, and gets really annoying to everybody that reads the post and has the mouse accidentally pop an ad up over the spot they're reading.

l33t n0obz0r

Rank 2
PostedMar 15, 2009 2:28 pm
You aren't making enough money already? Fine, I'll buy that, as long as you use the new revenue to hire someone that has half a brain, a sense of humor, and speaks Korean. They seem to be in short supply around the Aeria offices.

WayneJr918

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2009 7:51 pm
jared rocks wrote:
I beg to differ, plenty of respectable websites use this method as a form of making money. If you guys didn't know... It's kinda harsh, the financial situation, in the USA. Many people are losing jobs and few people are doing exceptional now. If Aeria Games does this minor, annoying thing to make sure they don't close down on us, I'm fine with that Smile After all, you wouldn't want to NOT play any of their games wouldn't you?  

ok 1, i disagree with u completely.

2. i have atleast 15 friends (Shaiya) who spend well over 200$ every week, 15x200=3k USD. and i know theres well over 50k players on shaiya, and if i had to imagine more then that who spend more then that a day. so AG&E is NOT going to go broke unless they decide to crank up the price of KO and (Conti/Regular) Rez runes to 400+ AP per each since that seems to be the most bought AP item.

3. AG&E has NOTHING to do with outside business affairs. its a fantasy game where their consumer can come and get away from real life, have fun and w/e els you guys do when u play. last time i was told Aeria Games has no relation to Religion, Business, Politics and what ever els that has to do with the outside community. so the financial situation here in the US? has nothing to do with AG&E putting pop-up adds on their web-site. like ervae said, its a bit greedy if they are receiving a percentage.

s3a2m1

Rank 3
s3a2m1
PostedMar 15, 2009 9:03 pm
can u plz get rid of the word ad's. It is really annoying.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMar 15, 2009 11:05 pm
Anadyne wrote:
Illegal downloading of roms:
http://www.coolrom.com/  
Downloading unmodified roms is never illegal.

1) All roms are legal for 24h since download. That's your "evaluation time", after they become illegal unless...
2) You have an original copy. In such case, any number of roms of the same version is legal for as long as you have the original.

I know it's off-topic...On topic I answered already...It's irritating, and if it takes priority over user-made hotlinks, it's also screwing posters over.

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedMar 15, 2009 11:26 pm
Offtopic: One's a myth, the other's a mistaken right.

Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, is illegal, period.
As for the other, you have the right to a backup of that wich you OWN. This means, you do not have the right to acquire a "backup" of another source regardless of the content being the same.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMar 16, 2009 12:41 am
KrossX wrote:
Offtopic: One's a myth, the other's a mistaken right.  
This and this shows that there are situations that allow "unauthorized" file downloading.

Both show "review and criticism" as a an example. That said, I doubt that's just a myth, as evaluation of a game is just that, review.

...That's all off-topicness from me...

Mad_Eyez

Rank 2
Mad_Eyez
PostedMar 16, 2009 8:22 am
No Offense, But are u getting paid to have these "Content Links" on ur Website??

Coz thats wot first come to mind when i first saw them...

SikaIntraken -M5 -Jinong -Devotion<->Nemesis -Godly Stoners -----------------------------------------------