Shyama

Rank 2
Shyama
PostedMar 14, 2009 10:23 pm
jared rocks wrote:
I beg to differ, plenty of respectable websites use this method as a form of making money. If you guys didn't know... It's kinda harsh, the financial situation, in the USA. Many people are losing jobs and few people are doing exceptional now. If Aeria Games does this minor, annoying thing to make sure they don't close down on us, I'm fine with that Smile After all, you wouldn't want to NOT play any of their games wouldn't you?  

Respectables ? hmmm... when I come across such a site I just close it and try to find the info I'm looking for on another site (a clean one)

And by seeing how most ppl dislike this, I think regular forum users will just disable this ... can we call that a feature ?

Not sure and I won't loose time checking, but I really doubt Kontera will pay anything for disabled links.

The Unguildeds Leader
Advertisement

Giovanna_X

Rank 5
Giovanna_X
PostedMar 14, 2009 11:19 pm
Superman0X wrote:
It might be helpful if examples of other sites that use this (good or bad) were given, so that they can be passed to management.  

So you want links to malware-laden pr0n sites posted here, Supes? Shocked

Giovanna_X

Rank 5
Giovanna_X
PostedMar 14, 2009 11:34 pm
Wait, wait. I have a solution ...

Nobody click on the stupid links, which make this website look like something done by a second-rate criminal organization in a third world country, and then the stupid links won't bring any money in, and then the stupid links will be removed. End of story.

If that doesn't work, imagine this scenario ... *ties Supes down with green kryptonite cables, on top of an ant bed, and drips honey on his forehead* Get rid of the stupid links, or be bug food.

KaMoDiAn

Rank 0
KaMoDiAn
PostedMar 14, 2009 11:49 pm
jared rocks wrote:
I beg to differ, plenty of respectable websites use this method as a form of making money. If you guys didn't know... It's kinda harsh, the financial situation, in the USA. Many people are losing jobs and few people are doing exceptional now. If Aeria Games does this minor, annoying thing to make sure they don't close down on us, I'm fine with that Smile After all, you wouldn't want to NOT play any of their games wouldn't you?  

Everyone is affected , not just the US. Financial crisis is not an excuse to lower the quality of your service by implementing intrusive ads throughout a website. What if all search engines started doing this for each search hit? What is soda companies started watering down their drinks or put ads for cigarettes on their cans? Give me a break.

Well, I stand at the crossroads of high roads and low roads and I got a feeling it's right.

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedMar 15, 2009 12:34 am
KaMoDiAn wrote:
[...] What if soda companies started watering down their drinks or put ads for cigarettes on their cans? Give me a break.  

That, is already happening.

WayneJr918

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2009 9:47 am
i cant stand it. convenient if ur looking to buy time shares in Mexico or a boat house in Cape Town? yes of course. but we're not, i think its rather annoying when random words in forums just pop up.

ervae

Rank 3
ervae
PostedMar 15, 2009 9:56 am
I see Aeria's finally got bitten by the greed bug. I'm not impressed and I think this is lame.

painmak3r

Rank 1
painmak3r
PostedMar 15, 2009 10:08 am
ervae wrote:
I see Aeria's finally got bitten by the greed bug. I'm not impressed and I think this is lame.  
I agree, good thing I dont see them!

Light_bringer

Rank 4
Light_bringer
PostedMar 15, 2009 10:49 am
These pop-ups are a pain in the butt. >.>

Anadyne

Rank 3
Anadyne
PostedMar 15, 2009 11:02 am
These links are at Superman's request for examples of websites with content links. Highlight, copy, and paste to see the website. I made the text white and unlinked so people don't accidentally go there.

Sketchy lyrics site with ads EVERYWHERE:
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/radio-birdman-baby-you-can-do-it-lyrics.html

Illegal downloading of roms:
http://www.coolrom.com/

I'm not brave enough to go to "procreation" websites, but I'm sure they're there.

.Viera. - Lailah || Viera. - Teos* || Jigglypuff - Etain *I was [GS]Viera, but then some nub took my name so when I was untagged I'm Viera. with one dot. Awkward... Retired permanently