Saibantes

Rank 0
Saibantes
PostedMar 17, 2009 4:30 am
I'm a bit confused here. From what I have read here in the forums, some time ago everyone thought that crits don't depend on DEX but only LUC. Then, when you got to the lvl 50+ maps (especially Pando), it turned out that this isn't correct, DEX has an effect. It is still a secret how the crit rate formula works, but having a bit DEX when you are at lvl 50 has been proven to be the right thing.

But now you suggest lvl 5 shrewd even for a lvl 30 build?

I guess you will answer that you need that DEX to hit other high-DEX chars in PvP. Has it really been proven that DEX helps at low levels or are you only blaming a Usual Subject? Even if there is an effect, other ppl won't have so much DEX as the mobs at the high level maps, they will have only enough to hit in PvP but not more (or they will sacrifice some STR).

To make my point clear: I am not suggesting to leave the spot where you would put your Shrewd unlapised. Wink But adding Craft instead would increase you crit damage as well, Life would add some survivability (more than the increased evasion from DEX I think), you could add another Dual Fortune (one with STR, one with Resist, maybe one with some more SP could help) as well.

Advertisement

PrymeTyme

Rank 3
PrymeTyme
PostedMar 17, 2009 5:50 am
Saibantes wrote:
I'm a bit confused here. From what I have read here in the forums, some time ago everyone thought that crits don't depend on DEX but only LUC. Then, when you got to the lvl 50+ maps (especially Pando), it turned out that this isn't correct, DEX has an effect. It is still a secret how the crit rate formula works, but having a bit DEX when you are at lvl 50 has been proven to be the right thing.

But now you suggest lvl 5 shrewd even for a lvl 30 build?

I guess you will answer that you need that DEX to hit other high-DEX chars in PvP. Has it really been proven that DEX helps at low levels or are you only blaming a Usual Subject? Even if there is an effect, other ppl won't have so much DEX as the mobs at the high level maps, they will have only enough to hit in PvP but not more (or they will sacrifice some STR).

To make my point clear: I am not suggesting to leave the spot where you would put your Shrewd unlapised. Wink But adding Craft instead would increase you crit damage as well, Life would add some survivability (more than the increased evasion from DEX I think), you could add another Dual Fortune (one with STR, one with Resist, maybe one with some more SP could help) as well.  

I dunno, you bring up a valid argument though. Ive found that Dex is more helpful. Dex also adds to attack. Often times in pvp you're going to be gangbanged despite us being ranged toons. Ive found a little extra HP to be useless because if you're getting gangbanged you will die, but if you can evade the hits you increase your survivability. Plus if you are facing a hunter like Jish or Kikyo, their Luck will give them evasion and then their dex will make them evade ur normal hits. Even dualing other archers, they miss me alot. As for str, go for it, Im not saying dont add str, in fact most archer/hunter would. Its all about preference. I just liked the dex cuz putting more dex in that slot allows you to put more luck or str in another slot and like I said, dex adds to your attack. Its like 3dex is 1 attack or something?

MrBig

dale445

Rank 1
dale445
PostedMar 17, 2009 3:27 pm
one thing any new 20 - 30 archer should think about is to make sure they lapis their heroic seige bow to be better than the 25 epic. Or else... well... ew, lol
if i remember correctly the epic bow has +20 luck and +12 dex, not hard to out do.
course if money is "no prob" u'll smash the epics stats aha Very Happy

AYTHREUK

Saibantes

Rank 0
Saibantes
PostedMar 18, 2009 11:56 am
dale445 wrote:
one thing any new 20 - 30 archer should think about is to make sure they lapis their heroic seige bow to be better than the 25 epic.  

Wrong. When money=no prob, the new archer should get one of the legendary siege bows. Wink

PrymeTyme

Rank 3
PrymeTyme
PostedMar 18, 2009 12:04 pm
Saibantes wrote:
dale445 wrote:
one thing any new 20 - 30 archer should think about is to make sure they lapis their heroic seige bow to be better than the 25 epic.  

Wrong. When money=no prob, the new archer should get one of the legendary siege bows. Wink  

ROFL yea find me one:-p

MrBig

Saibantes

Rank 0
Saibantes
PostedMar 18, 2009 12:15 pm
That's easy. Just post in the barter board that you will pay 100 billions for a legendary siege bow.

Sowaroc

Rank 4
Sowaroc
PostedMar 23, 2009 3:39 pm
theres 2 ways that you can get high hit rates...one is not plausible for 20-30 while the other is

you can go str/dex/luck build with high dex [really not enough stat points here for 20-30, but everyone is limited here so it works] (good for 20-30 getting around 800 stats pts for 100 str/200 dex/500 luck {with linked accessories})

or you can go dex/luck build purely with outrageous luck [str is also there cause not enough luck lapis out that are actually good] (only really plausible in 1-60 needing 200 str/320 dex/850 luck) {high luck does for some reason affect your hits...don't ask me why}

both ensure lots of hits

PrymeTyme

Rank 3
PrymeTyme
PostedMar 23, 2009 4:53 pm
Sowaroc wrote:
theres 2 ways that you can get high hit rates...one is not plausible for 20-30 while the other is

you can go str/dex/luck build with high dex [really not enough stat points here for 20-30, but everyone is limited here so it works] (good for 20-30 getting around 800 stats pts for 100 str/200 dex/500 luck {with linked accessories})

or you can go dex/luck build purely with outrageous luck [str is also there cause not enough luck lapis out that are actually good] (only really plausible in 1-60 needing 200 str/320 dex/850 luck) {high luck does for some reason affect your hits...don't ask me why}

both ensure lots of hits  

prob cuz a certain amount of luck = 1 attack (I think every 5 luck is 1 attack). Not to mention the "crit multiplier"

MrBig

Sowaroc

Rank 4
Sowaroc
PostedMar 23, 2009 8:54 pm
PrymeTyme wrote:
Sowaroc wrote:

both ensure lots of hits  

prob cuz a certain amount of luck = 1 attack (I think every 5 luck is 1 attack). Not to mention the "crit multiplier"  

3luck /1 atk pwer Razz

dale445

Rank 1
dale445
PostedMar 24, 2009 4:58 am
Saibantes wrote:
dale445 wrote:

o cool do they rly exist? aha if so nice and where from?
im gonna guess from those hard pocket things from item mall that have been errm,,, well , u know. or at least that's my best guess.
i would actually like to know be cool if you could reply or anyone.

AYTHREUK