MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedDec 12, 2011 2:27 am
FrizzyTaylor wrote:
I'm having a problem trying to unzip the folder. Its says that the folder is invalid?
Dont know what im supposed to do. i tried downloading it again but it still didnt work  
The standard Windows zip utility doesn't like this zip file for some reason.
Try using 7-zip instead

RIP Kizzd
Advertisement

excalabir26

Rank 0
excalabir26
PostedApr 15, 2012 6:11 pm
i dont know if this was mentioned yet, but your coding is lacking a bit. for an UM mage skill build. after lvl 44 there was a problem. magic roots and fire ball weren't in the same lvl. and it didnt keep track of the skill points i had left unless i just couldn't see it

Thanks To LittlexNeko For Awsome Sig

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 16, 2012 11:35 am
excalabir26 wrote:
i dont know if this was mentioned yet, but your coding is lacking a bit. for an UM mage skill build. after lvl 44 there was a problem. magic roots and fire ball weren't in the same lvl. and it didnt keep track of the skill points i had left unless i just couldn't see it  

it would be easier if you have ss'ed the problem that merlin can locate the error.
it's pretty rare to have a end user software with no bugs Wink

signature of xybolt

excalabir26

Rank 0
excalabir26
PostedApr 16, 2012 4:04 pm   Last edited by excalabir26 on Apr 16, 2012 4:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total
here it is. notice roots and fireball are on different levels when they should be the same. and according to the right, it says i have 124 skill points left, when on my actual toon it says only like 30 something

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedApr 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Was it in the auto planner or just the standard screen?

I would expect that if there is a problem with the code it would be present for all classes as it is just generic code.
So if the problem is specifically with mages then it will be with the skill point data.

Could you give a few more details on exactly what problem you were seeing?
What do you mean when you say magic roots and fireball weren't in the same level?

RIP Kizzd

excalabir26

Rank 0
excalabir26
PostedApr 16, 2012 4:19 pm
uploaded the picture btw.

and my apologies. coding was a harsh word to use. just there needs to be a little tweak in the levels for the skills thats all

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedApr 16, 2012 4:53 pm
excalabir26 wrote:
uploaded the picture btw.

and my apologies. coding was a harsh word to use. just there needs to be a little tweak in the levels for the skills thats all  
lol - I'm not bothered by you using the word coding. As Xybolt said, there isn't a piece of software anywhere that is bug free.
All I was trying to do was to isolate where the problem was to make it easier to solve the issue Smile
I'll check the levels of the skills against the data available in the mage/pagan guide & see where I've made the mistake (or if necessary level up a mage myself to see what the levels should be Smile).

What is more concerning to me is the bit where you say you only have 30 skill points left but the planner says you should have 124.
Is there a possibility that your toon has taken more skills that you haven't accounted for in the plan?
Again, I may have to level up a mage to see if the skill points are correct or not.

RIP Kizzd

excalabir26

Rank 0
excalabir26
PostedApr 16, 2012 4:57 pm
i can take a SS of my mage (kinda late now tho). but i know for a fact that Root. Fireball. and Sonic bolt all level at the same time. all the Aoe's and ele spells of mages do. its like the "thing" about them. but i dont know where the points could be coming from. i can check right now if i am missing something but im possitive my mage only has 14 skill points left. i'll double check the planner tho (deleted the plan QQ, dont make me do another one lol, but if i have to i will

*EDIT* i figured it out!!! your missing a HUGE ammount of combat skills!! Metoer Strike, Earthquake, Missle Rage, all the shocks, u did not include them i just looked and realized

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedApr 16, 2012 5:22 pm
Okay, I'm just looking at the data now & I can see all those skills you mentioned.

Could you do me a favour please?
Could you go to Maintenance/Edit Skills
Then select "Combat" in the Skills box & "Mage" in the Classes box & tell me if the skills are listed.

If they aren't, then try Maintenance/Download Data File
You will need to shut the program down & restart it for the skills to reapply properly (that's something else on the list of bugs Wink)

Then if you could try this all again please?

RIP Kizzd

excalabir26

Rank 0
excalabir26
PostedApr 16, 2012 5:26 pm
the skills are there and i see them