Author Message

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedMar 05, 2009 1:07 am
kikix12 wrote:
MerlinMcTav wrote:
Actually, I'm just a geek who wanted something a bit different to what was already there. So, as geeks do I made what I wanted.
It was all purely selfish I assure you Wink  
I guess it's not the reason, but the outcome. And the outcome is, you shared it for the sake of community. Why did you do it?! Who cares?! No one loses anything through that, so...

Good job.  
Actually, the reason I stated was a little bit tongue in cheek Laughing
Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedMar 05, 2009 1:49 am
eugorkrad wrote:
O.o all it sent me was this wierd coding >,<  
Okay, Yahoo let me send the attachment where Google didn't.
Hopefully this one should be okay.

Althamus

Rank 5
Althamus
Joined
12 May 2008
Posts
3605
Location
Birmingham United Kingdom
PostedMar 05, 2009 7:32 am
Its good, but quite hard to use in places...

If there is any way of filtering out skills you don't want to take, that'd be good. I normally skip the early skills, but needed to keep ignoring them all the way from L5 -> L60.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedMar 05, 2009 4:25 pm
That's a good suggestion - I'll have a look at that for the next version.

Any other suggestions would be welcome from anybody.

Is there anything else that makes it hard to use?

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
Joined
16 Feb 2009
Posts
12966
Location
Western Canada
PostedMar 05, 2009 5:56 pm
On the other hand, when I did up a skill plan for a HM Fighter, I left skills like Interpretation for when I get to D-Water level and Berserk Fighter for when I get to boss farming level.

So maybe an filter option for each individual skill might help. Using the same example of HM Fighter, to be able to just turn off Double Damage and Heavy Swat completely, or close off a branch of skills for a weapon you'll never use.

eugorkrad

Rank 4
eugorkrad
Joined
11 Feb 2008
Posts
1619
Location
Rowland Heights United States
PostedMar 05, 2009 5:59 pm
thanks Very Happy

works now!!! woot Very Happy

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedMar 05, 2009 6:44 pm
Avyn wrote:
So maybe an filter option for each individual skill might help. Using the same example of HM Fighter, to be able to just turn off Double Damage and Heavy Swat completely  
Yep, this was the way I was intending to do it. Turning off skills by level would be a whole lot harder.
Avyn wrote:
or close off a branch of skills for a weapon you'll never use.  
This would mean a lot of extra work and is probably not going to happen in the near future.
The way things are set up at the moment I can't differentiate skills by weapon so it isn't possible.

Having said that though, it is an interesting idea and one I will definitely keep in mind for the future.

eugorkrad wrote:
thanks Very Happy

works now!!! woot Very Happy  

Yay Smile

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
Joined
24 Feb 2008
Posts
6178
Location
Spain
PostedMar 05, 2009 6:52 pm
MerlinMcTav wrote:
The way things are set up at the moment I can't differentiate skills by weapon so it isn't possible.  
If you can differentiate by some value though, you can add to the same weapons skills some hidden one, and make the buttons just hide the skills with it. Be it simple number, even.

I know nothing bout that though, so that's just a random persons random idea, keh.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedMar 05, 2009 7:08 pm
kikix12 wrote:
MerlinMcTav wrote:
The way things are set up at the moment I can't differentiate skills by weapon so it isn't possible.  
If you can differentiate by some value though, you can add to the same weapons skills some hidden one, and make the buttons just hide the skills with it. Be it simple number, even.

I know nothing bout that though, so that's just a random persons random idea, keh.  
It's certainly possible to do it with some work - it's the extra work that's the issue as I don't have time to make major changes.
Just filtering out specific skills isn't hard and can be done fairly quickly.
Adding an extra layer for weapon type, then cross matching all the existing data with the new weapon types would take quite a bit of time. So - not going to happen immediately, but it is definitely worth considering for the future.

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
Joined
20 Jan 2008
Posts
1954
Location
Over the Rainbow United States
PostedMar 05, 2009 7:15 pm
forward progress...
/karma
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: