MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedMar 03, 2009 6:42 pm   Last edited by MerlinMcTav on Jan 11, 2011 2:37 pm. Edited 19 times in total

Level Planner

Update of SirDevante's skill planner
I've made this available to my guild and a lot of people have commented how useful it is so I thought I'd make it available to the wider community too.

Probably a lot of you have seen the skill planner by SirDevante.

I've used it a lot myself and found it very very helpful, but have found myself wishing it did other things as well.
What I found with SirDevante's version is that if I plan for level 60 I have lots of points left over at the end, but at earlier levels I have to juggle the points to make sure I get the skills I need.
What I wanted was a level by level plan of what skills I am going to choose when.

So in true geek fashion I wrote my own Very Happy
I used the data from SirDevante's version, so big thanks to him for that.

Here's what it looks like:

You can download it from here.
Unzip the file into a directory somewhere and run the .exe

Note that this is a Java program and you will therefore need Java installed on your machine.
If you don't know whether Java is installed, try running the program. If you don't have Java installed it will give an error message telling you so (don't know the exact message as all my machines have Java).
If you don't have Java, it can be downloaded from here.

There are a few errors and missing information in SirDevante's original data. This isn't a criticism as there is a huge amount of data and errors are inevitable. I have fixed quite a few of them, but I won't have got them all.
Feel free to fix any errors you find or add any more missing information. If you do though, could you let me know so I can fix the original data and include it here.

Also, could you please let me know of any errors/omissions/improvements you find.

Edit: Updated the link to the latest version
Advertisement

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMar 03, 2009 6:58 pm
Wow, nice work! Very Happy

I'm working on a guide right now and wanted to link into a skill planner. SirDevante's was good, but very outdated in many ways and I wanted a more accurate one. I know nothing about making XML programs so I was hoping someone else would update his planner Embarassed

/karma

eugorkrad

Rank 4
eugorkrad
PostedMar 03, 2009 7:06 pm
karma for u!!!

Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedMar 04, 2009 1:33 am
Good work! Karma!

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedMar 04, 2009 2:30 am
Avyn wrote:
Wow, nice work! Very Happy

I'm working on a guide right now and wanted to link into a skill planner. SirDevante's was good, but very outdated in many ways and I wanted a more accurate one. I know nothing about making XML programs so I was hoping someone else would update his planner Embarassed

/karma  
Glad I could help Smile

Apocalypser

Rank 2
Apocalypser
PostedMar 04, 2009 6:08 am
You rule merlin Very Happy

play8oy

Rank 0
play8oy
PostedMar 04, 2009 9:03 am
awesome share Mer...karmafied^^

Please don't hack my acc now that u know it's me........co'z u'll be dissapointed hahaXD

JonatanRaven

Rank 3
JonatanRaven
PostedMar 04, 2009 9:41 am
Oh yes, I already use SirDevantes skill planner a lot, this will definately be a nice app!

old.morroc

Rank 3
old.morroc
PostedMar 04, 2009 10:56 am
been using this for a while already, but still nice app merlin Very Happy

"This game is becoming a PvP game without PvP" - sora_emo

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedMar 04, 2009 2:44 pm
Thnx for updating the old one. I have linked this thread to the stickied general guides thread.

Great Work!
/karma