Wrapped_In_Ivy

Rank 0
Wrapped_In_Ivy
PostedAug 07, 2007 1:31 am

Random act of kindness thread

How have you helped people in game?
Just sort of occurred to me to do this as I was playing...

Joining up nooblish, people have done everything from spenda their time teaching me the ropes, in solo parties going out of their way to kill pandoras I can't yet take on so I can grind in peace, find random moments in those same solo parties to run past and use knight mare buffs on me since my pony is only level 11.

Now I'm trying to answer all questions I can for even newer players, playing a new knight to apprentice to someone who was nice to me in the beginning, and only a little bita ago since I only recently got divine shield tossed it onto a healer as she rode past and she not only stopped to heal me but cast all the buffs she had like encourage and charm.

So how has everyone else here tried to make LC fun for the random passerby?

Advertisement

Ivan Terrible

Rank 0
Ivan Terrible
PostedAug 07, 2007 1:41 am
while passing by a healer i gave her 500 gold for doing a nasty move on me

NighTTripper

Rank 0
NighTTripper
PostedAug 07, 2007 2:58 am

Helping others

I helped menzies2 to battle two Harpies as she was swamped by them. She then healed me every time I attacked a creature. Smile It's really worth helping others, instead of attacking them, like a certain nick called SonOfGod did to me every time I went near him Sad

Ona

Rank 5
Ona
PostedAug 07, 2007 4:10 am
These past two weeks, I've given several sets of level 5-7 armor to some young players that I befriended.
Saved many more from the Juno pandoras that often float by the west herb patch.
Explained to a young mage about the different skills she should focus on getting first, as well as told her how to get a pet.
Saved someone from getting ripped off by a person selling "cheap" pet food for 2k.
Solo partied with quite a few different people while I gathered energy. That way they got the XP/SP boost they wanted, and I got someone to talk to.
Explained the guardian system and its benefits to a young player.
Showed someone where the jaguars on Juno are.
Gave some herbs and energy to some young players who were having trouble finishing their lvl 5 quests for those things.
Explained to a knight the difference between twinblades and a single sword.
Told someone where the moonstatue is and what moonstones are for.
Explained to a rogue how to learn passive skills.
Explained the difference between blue and red names to.. some random person.
Demonstrated the dexterity increase a maxed Chakra Shield gives.
Told someone they could buy bloodseal gems for only 1k at Merchant Geres, instead of 1.5k+ at the player shops.
Explained TP and their uses to a player with a new pet.
Explained to a friend the use and percentage chance of upgrade for the different smelting stones.
Told someone how to get to Dratan.
Saved a low-level knight from a horde of treants. He thought he could take them on his own, and was not-so-pleasantly surprised.
Showed someone where the Velpist Temple (Shrine?) was.
Explained to a sorcerer how to use his friend's list.
And the list goes on..

I've had some people be randomly kind to me, too. Recently, a higher level took me partying and we fought stuff that was red-named to me, thus earning me a great deal of XP and the level of 31. Other people have come upon me fighting things in Merac and asked to party with me just so they could horsebuff me. I've also been given some TA's by low-level players in return for my answering questions for them.

"Attitude. Humor. Action. The combination of these three elements will be the pathway to your success."

Eldanesh

Rank 1
Eldanesh
PostedAug 14, 2007 8:50 pm
I buff every single person I pass by. Even the high leveled ones.

GTA4... go try it. Like. Seriously.

zardozfl

Rank 1
zardozfl
PostedAug 27, 2007 5:35 am
Eldanesh wrote:
I buff every single person I pass by. Even the high leveled ones.  

Yeah, me too! If you see me & need a buff just holla.
Moghedien, Githany on Cariae
Ravenlock, EgweneAlMere, PadanFain, Bruenor on Katar

pearl666

Rank 0
pearl666
PostedAug 29, 2007 2:35 am

i like helping makes me fell all warm inside

i answer players questions while im in merch mode i help in the shout

box on forum.
while scouting around in juno i horse buff anyone that wishes to be buffed

and on occasion i dnt mind even spending a lil cash on new players i mean im not worried about 5k for a sword or something i mean to keep ppl intersted we all need to do our part and help out i belive

i felt really good when i did this
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?p=212834#212834

we all need a little help some times Very Happy peace guys

me got aerial games on australias top radio station w00t no24 on the YOUR SAY list sweetvamp666 http://www.nova100.com.au/site/interact/games.aspx

CoffeeOD

Rank 2
CoffeeOD
PostedSep 05, 2007 6:51 pm
I just did help newbie for hour or two, giving him 500 coins, bought sword & shield which he wanted and leveling of course. It was nice change for my regular playing, which is solo, solo and so more... solo.

Lime Odyssey guild websites project (pm me if intrest, also free guild forum hosting.) Create own Lime Odyssey signature

Doobius

Rank 3
Doobius
PostedSep 05, 2007 7:05 pm
Well, I was always told to keep your charity a secret unto yourself, because if you don't you're just bragging and at that point it's not charity! LOL BUT - with the game, I think it helps to do both - be charitable and tell others so that they might do it also! So anyway - yesterday I was training my Lv 24 Rogue up by Velpist Temple on the Great Horned Beasts and Elder Drakes when a sorcerer about level 24-25 got a little too close to the Elder Drakes and they started chasing him and he had like 3 of them on him, so I went over and took a shot with my Xbow at them and drew them over to me and killed them all. Then I asked the person (they said they were a noob, but not whether they were male or female) how long they had been playing and their level and all, and we had a little conversation about KSing and I answered a few questions they had about Sorcerer skills since my main is a Sorc Lv 36.70. So anyway I decided I should get rid of something from my storage that might help this person, so I asked them to add me as a friend when they reached Lv 25. It only took about 20 mins. and then I got a Add Friend request from them saying the had made it. I told them to come to town, meet me by storage, and then gave them my old Lv 29 +5 Scythe....it was a good weapon for me and they were very grateful, to say the least! They loved the glow and took it out and broke it in immediately LOL. And I also took them to the Transmuter and explained how to use the NPC, and the restrictions on smelting stones and how to use them. It does feel good to do good....more people should try it and the world would be a better place!!

Have Fun Y'all!
Doobius

Anjack

Rank 3
Anjack
PostedSep 06, 2007 8:04 am
Hmm my sig explains everything xD.
At least at the time i used to play LC i kept helping players ingame and in forum by answering their questions and giving money, buffs, tips and etc.
Lol helping even a friend of mine during those "Newbie Classes" since there were many ppl whispering him and asking in ToTal Chat Box that I decided to give him a hand and answer some questions there in Randol.
Haha Indeed good times, however i don't think that would come back.
Just dropping by to say hello to everyone Wink.

Ps: Have a nice day of grind. Razz

IGN:MorbidJ4ck Already quit LC! thx for all ppl who support me. ;)