Anthonuo

Rank 1
Anthonuo
PostedMar 26, 2010 2:02 pm
To be honest with you and to everyone else here that I didn't read all the narration.However it's fun all in all and on the general fun idea though Exclamation

/karma for you XD.

"Courage doesn't always roar.Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."
Advertisement

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedMar 27, 2010 2:04 am
The doors slammed shut behind them, sending echoes throughout the massive chamber. Trogdor, Volke, Lily, Athena, and Shinon gazed in wonder at the domed walls covered in murals depicting wars and battles long forgotten. The room was a testament, a tribute to the years of conflict, violence, and death that had wracked the world since memory began. And in the center...

"So. You have come."

Ashnard turned to face the group. Trogdor had expected a grin, but there was merely a confident smile. His rage burned nonetheless.

"Just like all the others, you've come to me in hopes of finding revenge. Revenge for what you foolishly held dear, not realizing the futility of life. And so, I will bring you death."

Trogdor seethed with anger, barely restraining himself. He knew charging head-on would only mean his demise, but his patience was wearing thin already. Instead, he spoke.

"Why? Why me? Out of all the people whose fathers you could have murdered, why me?"

Ashnard gave a short laugh, more to himself than to Trogdor. "Because, to put it simply, you were happy. You had a father you loved and were proud of; a war hero you aspired to emulate. You held him so dear, your morals and ideals stemming from that cherishing of family. My methods had worked on Vails perfectly; it was time to test another race. I knew I had to cause pain intense enough to bring out that ultimate act of desperation; the seeking of revenge. I had to bring you to me, and you had to have enough potential to serve me once you got here. Thus, you were chosen.

You were to be my prototype, and, presumably, my masterpiece. An Elf, a servant of the Light, brought down into inescapable darkness. I knew that once I had you, I could not be stopped. And here you are, wishing ever so much to spill my blood in an effort to ease your pain. Once you have succumbed to despair, you will know that there is only death. And you shall become my greatest instrument of it."

"Enough!" All eyes turned to the source of the shout. Shinon stepped forward, fire in his eyes. "My brother died fighting your abominations. You murdered him, just like you murdered so many others. You are an abomination yourself, a corrupter of all that is good. You have twisted minds and destroyed bodies. And now, you're going to die."

"It seems I snared more prey than I had planned for. You will serve me as well, Elf scum. As will the rest of you. You shall be the vanguard of my army of death. Consider it an honor."

"Honor this." Faster than Trogdor could blink, Shinon had loosed an arrow toward Ashnard's skull. It shattered a few feet away from him. Ashnard had not even moved.

"Idiot. To think I could have masterminded such an enlightenment of the world's peoples without possessing power enough to guard against an arrow. Your presumption will be your doom." Ashnard twitched a finger, and a fireball rushed toward Shinon...

Shinon leaped aside, firing another arrow as he landed. Ashnard obliterated it with a wave of his hand. Shinon had already knocked two more arrows, and now he loosed them, still running alongside the curved wall. Ashnard's unseen force sent them spinning away, and he unleashed a bolt of magic at Shinon. The Elf leaped back, agilely dodging the blast and knocking another arrow...

There had been another bolt, and this sent Shinon flying into the wall. Smoke rising from his frame, he fell to the floor, and was still.

Trogdor and the others could only stare in horror. Ashnard wielded a power unlike anything they had ever known. There lay Shinon, the proud and fearsomely skilled archer, defeated in mere seconds. Trogdor felt the fear creeping into his mind...

"No." Trogdor's fist clenched around his dagger hilt. He could not falter now.

"No!"

He ran straight for Ashnard.

"Trogdor, no!" Volke's words came too late. Trogdor was running at full speed. He heard nothing but his own rapid heartbeat. He felt nothing but rage. He saw nothing but the Vail in front of him, and he knew nothing but the desire to kill. A magic bolt flew at him. He leaped aside and kept running. Another. He dodged again, saw the second bolt coming, and leaped up into the air. Trogdor drew a throwing dagger and launched it downward with all his might. Quick as lightning, Ashnard drew a long curved sword and swiped the dagger aside. Trogdor descended, swinging his blade with all of his fury. Ashnard raised his sword.

The steel met.

Trogdor flipped over Ashnard, spinning and slashing as soon as he landed. Ashnard's ready blade met his strikes, deflecting the would-be fatal blows. Sparks flew from the burring steel. They locked blades, pressing their weapons against each other in a battle of sheer will. Trogdor looked into Ashnard's eyes. He was grinning.

An unseen force slammed into Trogdor, sending him flying away from his foe. He landed on his back, sliding on the marble floor.

"Trogdor!" Volke was running toward him. Trogdor looked in horror as a fireball raced toward his mentor, but Volke had been ready. He leaped away from the arcane fire and vanished. He had stealthed.

Ashnard prepared his blade, waiting for the assault. It came in the form of magic bolts from Lily and Athena, who were running in opposite directions and launching their most powerful spells. Ashnard, infusing his blade with magic, swatted the bolts away as easily as a child playing a game. He began laughing, amused by the ease of this combat.

He stopped laughing when he realized he was no longer standing on the ground. A fierce whirlwind surrounded him, lifting him into the air and imprisoning him in a torrent of magic. Athena and Lily had cast Turbulence. They strained to hold him within this prison, tapping into their deep reserves of energy in their struggle against his arcane might. In the middle of this vortex, Trogdor saw a flash of steel as Volke appeared, slashing toward Ashnard's throat...

Ashnard let out a shout of exertion, and a shockwave blasted Volke away and dissipated the whirlwind. Volke crashed to the ground, his dagger clattering off of the floor. Trogdor cried out and ran to him. He was unconscious. Trogdor turned to face Ashnard, but found himself flung against the wall. He was pinned, powerless to attack Ashnard, who was laughing once more. Ashnard turned to Athena and extended his hand. The floor erupted under her, throwing her to the ground. He turned around just in time to swat away Lily's magic blast. He muttered an incantation, and a glowing red circle appeared on the floor around her. She tried to raise her staff and attack, but could not. She was paralyzed. She could only stare in terror as Ashnard strode toward her.

"No!" Trogdor shouted helplessly. Ashnard paid no heed, walking steadily toward her, grinning all the while. When he reached her, he turned to Trogdor.

"And now, you will see her die."

He reached up and seized her throat. Trogdor strove against Ashnard's power with all his strength, but could not break free. He tried to hold back tears as he saw Ashnard begin to choke the life out of Lily...

AthenaLovesYou

Rank 0
AthenaLovesYou
PostedMar 27, 2010 2:10 am
Soooo sooo soooo good. *Applauds*

More pl0x!!!!

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMar 27, 2010 6:02 am
AthenaLovesYou wrote:
Soooo sooo soooo good. *Applauds*

More pl0x!!!!  

great story led but LOL @ this account Razz

signature of xybolt

Reylonna

Rank 0
Reylonna
PostedMar 27, 2010 10:11 pm
can't wait for moarz <3 ^_^

~LoveBucket~

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedApr 03, 2010 1:26 am
"Trogdor. You have to move. You have to fight."

Trogdor looked around him. Gone was the chamber of death, no walls depicting battle. There was nothing and no one around him, only darkness. Except for right in front of him, where stood...

His father.

"Father, I've failed. I can't break free of his power. He's too strong!"

"No. That's what he wants you to think. As long as you believe in his power, you will always be under it."

"But I saw what he can do!"

"You can do more." Richard drew closer. "You must destroy Ashnard. Not just to avenge me. Not just to quench your desire. But for your friends, your family, your kin, and your homeland. For the protection of innocent life. Even for your enemies, the Union of Fury. It is for this entire world that you must succeed. For if you do not, it will be consumed by death.

"You can win. You must win. You will win."

"Father..."

Richard smiled.

"Son, I'm proud of you. And I love you."

Trogdor opened his eyes. There was Ashnard. There was Lily, dying by his hand. There lay Shinon, crumpled on the floor. There lay Volke and Athena, knocked unconscious. And there stood Trogdor, pinned by Ashnard's power.

He broke free.

Ashnard heard the approaching footsteps and turned, blade ready. He saw nothing. Trogdor was in stealth. Ashnard smiled, knowing how slowly Trogdor would have to approach...

Trogdor had also used sprinter.

Ashnard barely blocked Trogdor's strike in time, but wasn't quick enough for the following kick. He staggered back, releasing Lily as he did so.

"Impossible! How could you break free of my power?"

Trogdor looked into his eyes. "Your power is nothing. I do not fear you. You are the one who is weak. And now... you will taste the death you savor so much."

Trogdor grinned.

Ashnard attacked, screaming in rage. Trogdor blocked the sword with his dagger and punched Ashnard in the face with his left hand. He slashed at the backpedaling Ashnard, who tried to dodge, but Trogdor's blade cut his arm. Blood dripped onto the floor as Ashnard and Trogdor dueled, steel crashing together time and time again. Trogdor slashed Ashnard's arm again, and he howled in pain. In desperation, Ashnard swung his sword in his left hand with all his might. Trogdor caught the arm in his left hand, spun around, and plunged his dagger into Ashnard's throat.

Ashnard looked around him. There was only darkness, except for a faint distant glow.

"Welcome, Ashnard." Ashnard whipped around to see the speaker. The one who spoke was shrouded in a black robe, his face invisible. He was taller than Ashnard, something the Vail was not used to.

"Who are you," Ashnard demanded, "and where am I?"

"Who am I?" the figure said. "That is of little importance. Where you are... that you shall soon know."

Ashnard turned to see a massive iron gate before him. As he gazed upon the massive doors, they began to open. The hooded figure ushered him through, and Ashnard beheld what was within.

"No... it can't be!"

"It can. Behold, Ashnard, the work of your hands."

Before Ashnard stood a multitude of people. Mostly Vails, but the other races were present as well. Men, women, and children were among them. They surrounded Ashnard, every single one of them staring at him.

They were the people he had killed.

In unison, they grinned.

Ashnard's screams pierced the void, and the heavy gates swung shut for all eternity.

"Lily!" Trogdor raced to her motionless body. Kneeling beside her, he held her face in his hands. "Lily, can you hear me? Please, say something!"

She opened her eyes. "Trogdor..."

"It's over. You're safe now. We all are."

"You... you did it? You killed him?"

"Yes."

She smiled, gazing into his eyes. He gazed back, feeling the joy of the moment and wishing it would never end. Suddenly, Lily's smile disappeared.

"Shinon!"

They rose and ran to the Elf archer's still body. The smell of burnt flesh filled their nostrils as they turned him onto his back. He was covered in blood. Suddenly, he grasped Trogdor's arm.

"Did you finish it? Did you kill him?"

"Yes. He's dead. It's over."

"Then you did what I could not. My brother... I failed him."

Trogdor shook his head. "No. You did not fail. You died fighting valiantly against evil. Just like he did. He will be proud."

Shinon smiled. "Thank you, Trogdor. Brother, I'm... coming..."

Trogdor closed Shinon's eyelids as he passed into the next world. Wiping tears from his eyes, he stood to see Volke and Athena, recovered from their falls.

"He was one of the greatest warriors I have ever known," Volke said. "He will be missed in this world and welcomed in the next."

"Volke, I did it. We did it. We won."

"I know. Well done, lad. Well done indeed."

The doors to the room burst open, and Ike and the two Nordein came running through. "What happened?" they asked breathlessly. Volke pointed to Ashnard's corpse, Trogdor's dagger still lodged in his throat. "Then it is truly over. The assassins suddenly stopped fighting, and looked bewildered. When you killed Ashnard, his power over them must have gone with his life. As did theirs."

The Nordein commander bowed his head. "They made their peace and passed on. May the goddess have mercy on their poor souls, twisted against their wills."

They all left Ashnard's manor. Ike and the Nordein gave orders, and their forces set about preparing the building for burning. As it blazed, Trogdor turned to Volke.

"So, what happens now?"

"Now? We go home."

With that, Volke turned to join the army, which was almost ready to depart. Trogdor stayed there, watching the flames consume Ashnard's mansion.

"You are avenged, father."

He turned, looked back one more time, and began walking to join the others on their journey back home...

AthenaLovesYou

Rank 0
AthenaLovesYou
PostedApr 05, 2010 4:30 pm
OMGGGGGGG /doesn't want it to end D:

Led, I have to say this is suuuuch a great story, kept me captivated (as i'm sure many others) for almost a year now.

Pleeeeeease write some more Smile

<33333ILY

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedAug 29, 2011 12:48 pm
I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND I'MA LET YOU FINISH, BUT YOU SHOULD ALSO WRITE THE WORST FANFIC EVER.

Disclaimer: I still haven't read this LOL.