GreenieEm

Rank 3
GreenieEm
PostedSep 23, 2009 10:45 am
/bangs silverware on table

MOAR 0.0

plix♥

Fabulous fabulous job :] you've done a great job pulling people in and keeping them hanging by a thread Led ^^
Very well done, my semi-nem xD

¤ ¤ .LadySin. -- Etain ¤ ¤ Time to move on ¤
Advertisement

missvalkyrie389

Rank 3
missvalkyrie389
PostedSep 28, 2009 11:36 pm
Definately a vey well written tale. Wonderful elaboration, expansion, and explanation of character, plot, and setting without creating a wordy piece. I look forward to reading the next chapter of this intriguing story.

XGothKunoichiX

Rank 0
XGothKunoichiX
PostedNov 23, 2009 8:46 pm
Such a wonderful story, the best fic I've found so far on the forums. Excelent work, man. Very Happy

ekiki

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2009 3:02 am   Last edited by ekiki on May 11, 2011 10:45 am. Edited 1 time in total
You are really good ^^

TRUSTORIES

Rank 1
TRUSTORIES
PostedDec 31, 2009 6:36 am
Led great Story hun! I can wait till the next chapter Very Happy
-waits patiently with the rest of Led's adoring Fans-

-Retired Player of Shaiya-

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedJan 18, 2010 12:45 am
"Death. That is all you shall know. That is all you shall receive. And that is all I shall bring."

Thus spoke Ashnard as he smote the attacking Nordein and Vail. They swarmed him like moths to a flame, but like a flame, he incinerated all who came near. Those not attacking were cowering in fear, losing their minds to despair. Athena felt Ashnard's power, his overwhelming evil presence, and felt the fear taking hold...

Arrows whistled through the thick air as they pierced the creatures' flesh. Shinon and his snipers felled beast after beast, every shot finding its mark. This sudden sting of death attracted the attention of the venomous scorpions and spiders, and they rushed to devour their new foe. Ike's fighters never gave them the chance, carving their way through the mass of evil in a flurry of blades. Volke and Trogdor guarded their flanks, dodging fangs and stingers to impale the monstrosities crawling on the corridor walls. Lily's spells consumed the monsters in magic fire. The Fury force, grasping at hope brought by their unlikely allies, lay waste to the assaulting creatures, turning predator into prey. After what seemed like both an eternity and a mere moment at once, Trogdor was ending the life of the last twitching arachnid.

A Nordein warrior, apparently the Fury troop's leader, approached Trogdor and Volke. He knelt before them, partly from humility and partly from exhaustion.

"Elves of the Alliance, I thank you for rescuing us. Please, allow us to leave here in peace. We swear that we will offer you no trouble. Our people's quarrel with you means nothing now."

"Fear not, we won't harm you," was Volke's reply. "As you say, we have no quarrel here. And I know this flies in the face of convention, but, since we're in the same... predicament, how would you like to join us?"

"Nordein and Vail join forces with Elves and Men? When years of hate and death have split our factions apart like lightning separates the heavens?" Trogdor was somewhat taken aback by the Nordein's speech. He didn't expect a Deatheater to be so eloquent. Then he considered that perhaps it was that kind of thinking that had led to the ages of enmity between races.

"You came in here through a different entrance than we. If you could take us back to that entrance, we will be able to complete what we came here to do. And I'm beginning to have a feeling that our success may benefit you as much as us." Volke was talking to the bulky warrior like he had known him for years. Trogdor knew Volke's upright character, but was still surprised to hear an Elf be so cordial to a despised Nordein.

"If you are not deceiving us, and you would have little cause for lying in a goddess-forsaken place such as this, then your cause is noble. Therefore..." The warrior turned to his Fury following, and they silently nodded. "We will join you."

Athena's vision began to blur. She could no longer see the blood-soaked battlefield around her, nor even the face of the evil Vail lord. Strange power clouded her mind. She could not focus on any single thing, but she could recognize what was conquering her: fear. Simple, primal fear was billowing through her mind like smoke. Her grasp at sanity was slipping, her control over herself was being devoured. Soon, there was nothing left...

But rage.

The fury built in her mind and pierced the cloud of panic like a torch being lit in blackness. The rage turned to power, and she felt it flowing through her again. Focusing her gaze on the laughing monster before her, she launched a furious bolt of magic toward him...

He swatted it away like a child playing a game.

"So, your mind resists the dread. I'd say I was almost impressed, if I had not found other ways of breaking wills even as strong as yours. No matter, you will simply take more time to--" his voice cut off as he spun around to ward off the oncoming blow, but it was too late to completely avoid. The Nordein's axe swerved off its mark from the magic, but still grazed the Vail's arm. Ashnard let out a cry and launched the warrior into the air, crushing his bones. The assembled warriors were in terrible awe of the evil lord's power.

But he had been wounded.

Blood slowly trailed down his arm, and dripped into the dust. He touched his arm, almost in disbelief.

"You... you scum!" His voice cracked into a higher pitch as he almost screamed the word. "You dare injure me! You pathetic little worms!" His voice still dripped with contempt, but it had lost its tone of absolute surety. Someone had been able to touch him, and he could not allow this.

"Do you see? Do you see what we can do? We are not weak and feeble. Your power is terrible, but your soul is so twisted and blackened that you have no real spirit within you." Athena spoke the words, but they almost did not feel like her own.

"Shut up! Shut your insolent mouth! You are not worth crushing here, and therefore I shall depart! But know this: my time is near. The world will not be able to withstand the power of death, and you will beg for its swiftness!"

The surviving Vail and Nordein shielded their eyes from the flash of light. Ashnard was gone.

The warriors gathered together, awaiting word from Athena. She stared at the ground where Ashnard had just been standing. Then, she looked up, fire burning in her eyes.

"Time for him to reap what he has sown."

AthenaMarie

Rank 3
AthenaMarie
PostedJan 18, 2010 8:44 am
Thank you for writing more Led!!!!!! <3 OMG I absolutely lovelovelove the way this is turning out.
You're such a tease though, don't keep all your fans waiting so long until the next installment!! Very Happy

TRUSTORIES

Rank 1
TRUSTORIES
PostedJan 18, 2010 9:38 am
Bravo! *claps as admitted* one heck of a cliff hanger there Led, keep it coming Very Happy

-Retired Player of Shaiya-

Luxai

Rank 5.1
Luxai
PostedJan 23, 2010 7:47 pm
Better late than never Razz Wish every side in every war was this open minded and determinded. Keep it up ^^

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedJan 30, 2010 3:32 am
Their footsteps echoed off the temple walls, making Trogdor's force sound like an army ten times their number. Humans and Nordein marched side by side, a sight neither race thought would ever be seen. A few Vail oracles and pagans that had survived the onslaught of monsters marched behind the ranks of fighters and warriors, protected by the Elves they had hated their whole lives. If there was any distrust between the factions, it was thrust aside by the present danger that loomed around every corner.

"The strange aura infesting this maze caused us to lose our way long ago. I'm afraid I cannot guide you back to where we entered this place." The Fury commander scanned the walls, seeing everything the same, yet nothing familiar. "If we are to make it out, we will either chance upon our original entry point, or..."

"Or?" Volke inquired, eager to hear whatever the Nordein could tell him.

"Or, we find the chamber of Pharos. It is said that just past the entrance to the demoness's abode lies an ancient portal. It supposedly was made with long lost arts that allowed the user to appear anywhere he desired."

"A Portal of Will? It exists here?"

"That is what is said. It would be one way, of course, but it would allow you to complete your mission and allow us to return home."

The company turned a corner into another hallway and discovered a chamber entrance to their left. They had passed many such chambers, some empty, some full of unholy creatures that, thankfully, ignored the group. But what caused them to pause at this one...

"It's... it's enormous! It's unlike anything I've ever seen before!" The speaker, one of Ike's fighters, walked into the room. "And... what's this?"

Trogdor and Volke moved through the crowd forming at the entrance and saw what the fighter was now almost running toward. Vast amounts of treasure, gleaming through the haze. There was gold, jewels, ancient relics, and weapons of long dead warriors who had gone before. No one could speak.

Then, warriors and fighters alike broke what rank they had left and set to frenzied looting. Ike and the Nordein commander barked orders, trying to restore order, but greed had set in. The men and Nordein held up their prizes, laughing like children. The Elves and Vail remained aloof and alert, sensing something wrong.

Volke peered into the darkness surrounding them. "This chamber is bigger then we first thought... I can't even see the walls or ceiling."

Trogdor tried to pierce the veil of darkness with his sharp Elven gaze, but could not see what lurked in the cloud of black. "Volke, I think--"

"There's something there? I sense it too. It feels--"

Then they saw. Emerging from the blackness came rank upon rank of...

The dead.

"We have heard your request, and will deliberate--"

"To hell with deliberation!" The Vail councilman nearly leaped out of his seat. "This is an outrage! A lord under our Union, twisting our people to such madness! It must be dealt with, and now!"

He turned to his fellow council members. "I move that we send a force with these brave warriors to Lord Ashnard's estate demanding that he submit to a full investigation of his actions, under pain of death. And I move that we vote now!"

Silence met his exuberant pleas. The other council members, however they felt, understood that this would not just be political suicide. This was tantamount to treason. To take such drastic action against someone of separate and higher authority would not be looked on with mercy by the leaders of the Union.

Unless they were right.

"I second the motion." All eyes turned to the speaker, a tall Nordein woman. "Though I damn myself, I second it, by the goddess."

"Then it is decided." The council speaker rose. "All those in favor of the motion, say aye."

Athena held her breath for what seemed like a lifetime, though it was a mere second. Then, as one person, every council member raised their right hand.

"Aye."

The first scream rang off the unseen walls as the fighter was ripped apart. The fighters and warriors ran from the horrors that confronted them, some still clinging to their treasures, some casting them aside in terror. The horde of undead moved ever closer, seeming slow of movement, yet closing in with chilling speed. Some still had rotten flesh still clinging to their bones, others were clean skeletons. All were intent on one purpose: to kill the living.

"Fire!" Shinon's voice pierced the fog of terror that had descended. A flurry of arrows flew into the ranks of animated corpses, bringing the once fallen down again. Some of the warriors and fighters regained their senses, forming a line against the onslaught. But for every abomination they defeated, another took its place.

"Ike! Shinon! Trogdor! We have to get out of here!" Volke was already running on the heels of the Fury commander, who fled not for lack of courage, but for knowledge of his doom.

Shinon and Ike called their men to retreat, and Trogdor turned to run, but before he could begin his escape, he saw...

Her.

Pharos descended, capturing the gazes of all in her chamber. The men and Nordein could not help but behold her naked beauty, ensnared in her mind-breaking curse. Even some of the Elves and Vail were captivated. Trogdor felt the spell entering his mind, and fought it with all of his resolve. He knew he must break free, but he could feel the demoness's fell strength pressing against his will. He managed a step toward the entrance, and saw a fighter before him, still staring at Pharos. While Trogdor watched, the man opened his mouth in a look of awe.

His jaw dropped further as his gaze of wonder turned into a scream of agony. He fell to his knees, blood streaming from his eyes and mouth. Trogdor ran, turning his eyes away in time, but still hearing the man's skull shatter as his head burst in a shower of blood and gore. Screams ringing in his ears, Trogdor ran out of the chamber of death, followed by those who had escaped Pharos's horrible power.

"Through the portal!" The Nordein commander's voice bounced off the temple walls into Trogdor's ears. The portal came into view just as the Nordein disappeared into the swirling energy. Volke stood by it, beckoning him through.

"Where will I go?" Trogdor shouted at Volke.

"Just think of Gliter!"

"I don't know what Gliter looks like!"

"Just think of the name! There's no time, you just have to hope it works! Shinon, Ike, Lily, get through!"

Trogdor reached the portal and stepped through without hesitating. He tried to focus on the name "Gliter" as he felt the magic energy surround him...