xplumbx

Rank 0
xplumbx
PostedAug 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Your Writing is AWSOME

Great work on this so far Smile you just HAVE too keep this going, i never thought i'd get hooked reading

*pats on back* keep the story alive Smile
Advertisement

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedAug 14, 2009 1:21 am
Snow crunched under Trogdor's feet as he left the portal behind. He had to squint to see his surroundings, as the sun glinted off the white ground. The rest of his party was already heading toward the portal in the distance that doubtless led to the the Temple of Pharos. Trogdor relaxed his eyes; a cloud had covered the sun and brought relief.

As one person, the group began running. The cloud was of smoke. The fortress was burning.

"Waiting's going to kill me before any Elf does." Athena, muttering, paced along the grounds outside the town hall.

"I know what you mean," replied a nearby Nordein hunter. "The worst is that there's nothing we can do about it."

Athena nodded, knowing that it would be at least a day and a half before even the fleetest messenger could travel to Iris and back, even assuming there was minimal deliberation over a response.

Even so, that wasn't what shocked her most when he saw the messenger's face before her eyes. It was that it was on a severed head, thrown at her feet. She looked up, instantly regretting doing so.

Grins.

"So. You got those fools to send a pathetic inquiry." The assassin's cold eyes were wide with glee. "Oh, we knew. Our master knew. We have ways of communication far faster than any messenger's running."

He looked at the severed head, savoring the grisly sight he had incurred. "Our master thinks you are quite foolish to question his actions. You don't understand what's happening. You think what he has done is... strange. Disturbing. Wrong.

"And that's why you're weak. And that's why you will die."

Scarcely had he uttered that final word before he was halfway to Athena, dagger flashing in the sunlight. It flashed once more as it spun away through the air. She had been ready. The Vail's smoking body crumpled to the ground.

"Kill them!" It was the voice of both Athena and the assassins. The others sprung into action. A javelin rocketed into a laughing Vail, and fireballs and lightning disintegrated others. Warriors hacked off limbs, guardians crushed bones. Claws and daggers whirred and bounced off each other as assassins clashed, normal against twisted. The disturbed Vails had expected sheep. Instead they were devoured by lions.

Just as suddenly as it had started, the fierce battle ended. Some of Athena's party were wounded, but oracles were already weaving healing spells. None had died. The enemy assassins lay dead and mangled. Except the one who had Athena's boot on his throat.

"You thought you would kill us that easily? You thought we were weak? Who's the foolish one now, us, or your master?" She spat in his face. The Vail heedlessly maintained his grin. "Who is this great master of yours? He has much to answer for. Tell me!"

In between fits of laughter, the assassin sputtered out "He is coming! He will show you! And you will perish in your lack of understanding!"

A flash of light interrupted the flow of magic Athena was summoning to obliterate the now giggling Vail. She looked.

"Greetings, worms. I am here. You shall know the fatal truth. That of despair."

"Hurry!" Volke blared over his shoulder as he ran. Trogdor sprinted full tilt, watching the sickening carnage. The Alliance forces were totally broken. Fury forces swarmed the once proud fortress, killing and burning. Guards valiantly struck out with their halberds, but they were cut down like wheat in a harvest.

"There's nothing we can do! Get into the temple!" They neared the platform upon which the glowing aura swirled.

"Won't they follow us?" Trogdor almost had to scream above the cacophony of death.

"They can't. Ancient enchantments allow only humans and elves through this portal."

Trogdor nodded, saving his breath for running. The first ranks of fighters were already disappearing into the orange gate. Trogdor, still watching the mayhem, happened to lock eyes with a Vail assassin.

The shining grin pierced through the smoke and dust. Trogdor's hate rose, but he stayed true to his course. Soon he was ascending the portal steps. Without hesitation, he went through. The now-familiar orange aura washed over him, followed by blackness...

Pandaemoniumx

Rank 3
Pandaemoniumx
PostedAug 14, 2009 4:24 am
Three more posts and your post count will say

GreenieEm

Rank 3
GreenieEm
PostedAug 14, 2009 7:32 am
\o/

wewt! Keep it up Led!
(1337 haxors o.o )

¤ ¤ .LadySin. -- Etain ¤ ¤ Time to move on ¤

Luxai

Rank 5.1
Luxai
PostedAug 25, 2009 5:33 pm
More, and a bit longer chapter next time ty Very Happy

__Kay__

Rank 0
__Kay__
PostedSep 13, 2009 1:29 pm
*demands more*

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedSep 22, 2009 6:59 pm
"Who... are you?" Athena asked, trying to stay under control.

"I am the only one who knows the truth. I am the only one with wisdom. I am Ashnard." His voice dripped with contempt. Athena had dealt with haughty lords before, but this Vail was different. He looked at those around him like they were dogs, held himself like he was the only intelligent being for miles. She could feel nothing but hate.

"Fools. You question what you don't understand. Your ignorance is pathetic. As is the world's."

"What are you even talking about, you scum?" she barked back. "If you're the one behind these twisted... freaks," she gestured at the lifeless assassins "we know all we need to about you."

"Don't presume that you can judge me by your weak morals. You are like children who need to be taught. And that is what I have done." Ashnard's gaze shifted to the Vail still under Athena's foot. "Look at him. He does not fear you. He fears nothing! He laughs in the face of your rage, your self-righteous fury. Because I have broken his mind and rebuilt it in the correct way."

Athena looked down. The Vail still had not stopped laughing. His voice rasped from exhaustion, his breaths were short, but still he laughed, the infernal grin never leaving his face. He was insane.

"What did you do?" Athena's voice was low and barely audible, but still had power behind it.

"I showed him how meaningless life truly is. The best way to do that is with its removal. People's minds are trapped. They are held down by the lives around them, lives they think they care about. I ended those lives. Oh, he wanted revenge at first. They all do. It's their foolish reaction to the death of their families. He came to me, wishing for my death. But I made him see that revenge would bring him nothing. Removing me from life would not bring back his wife, his children. The end is death, and it is final. Once he saw the light, I opened his mind. I gave him the ability to bring death to all others without remorse, to give up all the ridiculous pretenses you people cling to. Now he cares not for his own life or anyone else's. Finally he is free."

The assassin's twitching laughter slowed. His barks became choked. He wheezed and hacked, then breathed his last. Athena withdrew her boot in horror.

"You... you're a monster! You sick, demented freak! You haven't set anyone free! You've simply enslaved him to madness!"

"Insolent wench!" Athena flew backwards, struck by some unseen force. She scrambled to get back up, but was flattened against the dirt. "Idiot! You still cling to your naive morality! You do not understand the power I have uncovered, but you will!"

A javelin flew at Ashnard's skull. It shattered in mid-air. A guardian charged with his mace. His frame crashed to the ground, skin burning away to show the whiteness of his bones. Two assassins appeared at Ashnard's sides, claws poised to shred. They clutched at their throats, struggling for air that would not come.

"Yes, come at me! Rush to your death! You only feed my power! You cannot kill me. I have become death!"

Ashnard threw back his head and laughed. He laughed with not only his own voice. A thousand voices boomed out their joyless mirth. Athena's group of Nordein and Vail shivered in terror at the laughter of the slain.

Trogdor's eyes adjusted to the darkness, and he took in his surroundings. A strange greenish haze illuminated the long stone pathways. There was a constant sound in the background, one that didn't sound like anything in particular. It was just... sound.

Trogdor almost jumped when he felt Volke's hand on his shoulder.

"Don't get lost in it lad. This place isn't normal. Try to remember where you are. And who you are, for that matter."

Volke lifted his hand and strode forward. The front ranks of fighters were entering the first passageway already, led by Ike. Shinon's archers followed close behind, their sharp eyes scanning the darkness. Volke, Lily, and Trogdor made up the rear guard.

Several minutes went by as the company traversed the corridors, turning corners and trudging up inclines. Shinon stopped suddenly and raised a hand. "Ike! Stop your men."

Ike's fighters halted, wondering why but remaining alert. Shinon pointed forward into the murky haze. "Listen. Do you hear anything?"

Every ear strained to pierce the strange aura that hung around the ancient walls. Trogdor listened for the echoes of whatever Shinon was hearing. Yes, there was something... thumps? A clang or two... and... voices?

"It is the sound of battle!" Shinon and Ike spurred their men into action. The company charged down the halls, brandishing their weapons and preparing for anything. They rounded a bend and saw the source of the growing cacophony.

"I thought you said the Fury forces couldn't get in here!" Trogdor yelled to Volke.

"Not from our entrance, no. But perhaps there are others!" he replied. His face revealed he was as shocked as Trogdor.

Nordein and Vail forces formed a tight circle, defending themselves from their besiegers. As many as stood lay dead or dying. Surrounding the struggling Fury soldiers were hundreds of giant spiders and scorpions. The foul creatures dripped with venom; their poison elicited screams of agony as they injected it into defeated warriors.

Shinon and his archers drew their bows, preparing a volley. "Volke, Trogdor. What would you have us do? The enemy lies before us."

Some of the Fury soldiers spied the assembled Alliance force. They cried out: "Warriors of the Light! Please, we beg you, spare us! We gave up our fight with you long ago, we only wish to survive these beasts!"

"Your orders?" Shinon spoke again, gaze traveling down his arrow shaft to the frame of a Vail.

"Please! We beg y--" the voice was cut off and replaced with a scream.

Trogdor and Volke exchanged a glance. They said nothing, but communicated nonetheless. They nodded in silent agreement. With one voice, they said...

"We help them!"

Luxai

Rank 5.1
Luxai
PostedSep 23, 2009 3:45 am
Spiders are freaking SCARY! Great chapter, keep it coming! (request by the Shaiyan community, not demand) kthxbai sir Smile

PS: Your style of writing makes it easy for me to imagine it all and that is soooo good!

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedSep 23, 2009 7:40 am
lol Led, why not to write a book

you will have a "bestseller" Wink

signature of xybolt

Pharwynd

Rank 2
Pharwynd
PostedSep 23, 2009 8:05 am
just finished reading 0.0, cant wait for next part