GM_Chopper

Game Master
GM_Chopper
PostedDec 07, 2016 1:14 pm

[Drawing Contest] S4L 2016 LookBack

Your last drawing contest of the year WITH A TWIST!
Dear artists,

With its ups and downs, 2016 is reaching its end and it's been one busy year for S4 League.
With the new year right around the corner, it is time to take a look back at our favorite content of the year.

We also want to take this opportunity to start a new process in our drawing contests rewarding:
The winners of this drawing contest will also be the Honorary Judges for the following drawing contest. Of course they won't be allowed to participate in the one they judge but those 3 winners will get the chance to vote for the Jury's Prize of the next drawing contest.
In short, every drawing contest after this one will have 3 identical prize winners: one picked by the GMs, one picked by the Jury (previous contest winners) and one picked by the community.

Draw your favourite S4L content from 2016, let it be a costume, a weapon, a pet or a skill.
Make sure you have the line "S4 League 2016 Lookback" as well as your Aeria ID included in the drawing.

The event will run from 14.12.2016 until 14.01.2017.

First Prize: weapon of your choice (FP stats) + 100K PEN + Honorary Judge for next contest + a forum badge.

Second Prize: weapon of your choice (AP stats) + 75K PEN + Honorary Judge for next contest + a forum badge.

Third Prize: weapon of your choice (PEN stats) + Honorary Judge for next contest + 50K PEN + a forum badge.

The participation prizes is 20K PEN and a forum badge.

• Only one submission per person
  • Don't forget the theme !
  • You must post your entry in this thread.
  • Any copyright infringement or piracy is absolutely forbidden. Your designs should be just that – your own designs!
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any design that may breach the rules of the contest or our ToS!
  • No exceptions for participation outside of the set time frame will be given. Sorry!
  • You may not use multiple accounts to participate – this will be checked!
  • Nothing inappropriate!
  • No cheating allowed.
  • Every submission to this contest can and will be used by Aeria Games for promotional purposes.
Advertisement

GS_Heiliger

GameSage: S4League
GS_Heiliger
PostedDec 14, 2016 11:00 am
#bump

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedDec 14, 2016 11:13 am
Please remove the Honorary Judges thing if you want anyone to participate in this. This is a very bad idea. It will only cause corruption and favoritism. The winners should be chosen by independent group of ppl such as GMs and not participants.

gmkarasakal

Game Master
gmkarasakal
PostedDec 14, 2016 11:30 am
I don't see how this will bring "corruption and favoritism."

We select 3 people independently as GMs.
They select 1 Jury which will vote for 1 winner.

So even if we somehow manage to select 3 people who will work together to favor someone, they will have 1 person in the jury next time.
The other will be selected by us, the other through community.

And even if 1 of them favor someone, they will have 1 vote for 1 of the winners next time out of the 3 winners total.

We are also thinking stuff like the jury giving some insight about their selection, which we hope to allow the artists to share insight. But honestly if you start with this attitude you will create senseless speculation. We look at it as a way to empower the community.

That said, we will definitely be open to feedback.
Say, if we note people botting for notes or favoring someone, we can take action. In the past we had people cheating with their drawings and we even disqualified people after they won.
These events we do because we love our artist community and we do not shy about taking action to keep them intact.

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedDec 14, 2016 11:44 am
gmkarasakal wrote:
I don't see how this will bring "corruption and favoritism."

We select 3 people independently as GMs.
They select 1 Jury which will vote for 1 winner.

So even if we somehow manage to select 3 people who will work together to favor someone, they will have 1 person in the jury next time.
The other will be selected by us, the other through community.

And even if 1 of them favor someone, they will have 1 vote for 1 of the winners next time out of the 3 winners total.

We are also thinking stuff like the jury giving some insight about their selection, which we hope to allow the artists to share insight. But honestly if you start with this attitude you will create senseless speculation. We look at it as a way to empower the community.

That said, we will definitely be open to feedback.
Say, if we note people botting for notes or favoring someone, we can take action. In the past we had people cheating with their drawings and we even disqualified people after they won.
These events we do because we love our artist community and we do not shy about taking action to keep them intact.  

Even with that, I don't think that is what the ppl are wanting to see in these kind of events.
Competitors shouldn't be allowed to be judges.

As an artist, I wouldn't want to be judged by someone with who I have competed in the past simply because they will still see me as competitor (especially if the result was a close call in the lats contest) and is most likely not to vote for me on purpose just so it can be everyone else but not me.

I hope you see my point.

Also better rewards and more game affecting events is what motivates the ppl to participate.

gmkarasakal

Game Master
gmkarasakal
PostedDec 16, 2016 4:16 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:

Even with that, I don't think that is what the ppl are wanting to see in these kind of events.

As an artist, I wouldn't want to be judged by someone with who I have competed in the past simply because they will still see me as competitor (especially if the result was a close call in the lats contest) and is most likely not to vote for me on purpose just so it can be everyone else but not me.

I hope you see my point.

Also better rewards and more game affecting events is what motivates the ppl to participate.  

We'll see how everyone thinks but it's up to you what to make of it. That is what I meant by attitude.

You can think of them as "competitors" or you can see them as part of a close community.

For drawing events and our artist community, I'd like to think that the "competition" isn't that harsh or important.
And honestly I don't see why it should. In the end, this is about celebrating the talent within the community ^^

Got questions? Find me at http://ask.fm/GM_Karasakal

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedDec 16, 2016 4:57 am
gmkarasakal wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:

I hope you see my point.

We'll see how everyone thinks but it's up to you what to make of it. That is what I meant by attitude.

You can think of them as "competitors" or you can see them as part of a close community.

For drawing events and our artist community, I'd like to think that the "competition" isn't that harsh or important.
And honestly I don't see why it should. In the end, this is about celebrating the talent within the community ^^  

I am not saying everyone is like that but it is a possibility.
Btw is being a judge optional? I mean there may be ppl who don't wan't to bother for one or another reason (lack of time or just preferring to stay neutral etc)

Also I would like to know which content is considered the start of 2016 just to avoid picking up something that is older.

lMissatanl

Rank 3
lMissatanl
PostedDec 16, 2016 10:57 pm
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
Also I would like to know which content is considered the start of 2016 just to avoid picking up something that is older.  

Costumes:
Envy Girl/Ranger
Sweet/Dead Pixel
Destruction Glitch F/M
Mellow/Marsh
Violet/Leo
Neon Green/Blue Revolution
Nautica's/Davy's Sailor
Tully/Tulio
Kunoichi/Shinobi
Carmilla/Vlad
Jess/Blitz
Klaus/Klaudia

Weapons:
Power of Solo
Envy Spark
Envy Breath
Binary Sigma Blade
Kaboom
Destruction Dagger
Critical Error
Cat Claw
Vital Shock/Claw
Lucifer Green/Blue
Big Blue Revolver
Summernight Stormbat
Watermelon Bomber
Namahage Type-A/Type-B
Barbas & Marbas
Rux Plasma Sword
Icycle Counter Sword

Pets:
Nyan Fumbi

Skills:
Dolphin Anchor

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedDec 17, 2016 5:10 am
^
Alright, thanks for your effort but I needed just the first one. I can track the rest from the collecting book.

Paindemie2

Rank 0
Paindemie2
PostedDec 18, 2016 3:41 pm

question
can it be something like a comic page or nah?