GM_Chopper

Game Master
GM_Chopper
PostedNov 27, 2016 1:34 pm

[Drawing Challenge] S4L Coloring Book, Event I

Artists of the Netsphere, are you up for a challenge?

Greetings artists,

Ready for the next big art contest? Good, the drawing events will return very soon with some interesting changes!
But today, we are here for a new line of smaller art events: S4 League Coloring Book, Event I!

As the name suggests, we want you to make us a page for a coloring book!
For this first event, we only ask that the drawing is S4 related.
Note that it needs to be a drawing. Digital and Traditional accepted alike.
You can find more details below.

Your drawing must be a black and white drawing and "hermetic", ie lines must properly close blank areas.
If you didn't invest any time and/or effort in it, your participation may be rejected. Such as this

The challenge will take place until 18.12.2016.

We will not have a top 3 winner for this event. Instead, we will pick a number of participants to be part of our Digital Coloring Book to be showcased forever.

All participants with a qualifying drawing will earn 10K PEN.
As we are just starting this event, we will determine the exact numbers of winners and rewards after we see the participations.

• You can submit as many pages as you want to increase your chances but only 1 can make it in the colouring book and be rewarded.
  • You can't use one of your past submission on another contest.
  • Don't forget the theme !
  • You must post your entry in this thread.
  • Any copyright infringement or piracy is absolutely forbidden. Your designs should be just that – your own designs!
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any design that may breach the rules of the contest or our ToS!
  • No exceptions for participation outside of the set time frame will be given. Sorry!
  • You may not use multiple accounts to participate – this will be checked!
  • Nothing inappropriate!
  • No cheating allowed.
  • Every submission to this contest can and will be used by Aeria Games for promotional purposes.

So, what are you waiting for? Create some pages!
Advertisement

lMissatanl

Rank 3
lMissatanl
PostedNov 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Re: [Drawing Challenge] S4L Coloring Book, Event I

Artists of the Netsphere, are you up for a challenge?
GM_Chopper wrote:

If you didn't invest any time and/or effort in it, your participation may be rejected. Such as this  

Awww poor Kara got rejected :c
Fixed it for ya, so you can take part in it

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedNov 28, 2016 3:47 am

As we are just starting this event, we will determine the exact numbers of winners and rewards after we see the participations.  

That is not the greatest motivation to make the ppl participate =/

tensler

Rank 2
tensler
PostedNov 28, 2016 3:49 am
Great, participating without knowing what you'll get.
I've got a feeling it's going to be some weapons again.

dkstarcraft

Rank 4
dkstarcraft
PostedNov 28, 2016 4:41 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:

in my days, it used to be 20k :^)

gmkarasakal

Game Master
gmkarasakal
PostedNov 28, 2016 6:14 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:

I understand rewards are important but here is some insight to why we went with this:

1) This is not a contest, that's why we named it a challenge.
Thus, there won't be "winners" in the sense of "top 3".

2) Being showcased is part of the reward, similar to having your wallpaper in the game ;P
(We actually have a few... interesting ideas for future... we'll see, we'll see)

We wanted to avoid a situation where we promise high rewards which would stop us from selecting too many participants for showcase or just name a very simple reward only to realize we could have given more.

So actually, we did it to give more rewards!

lMissatanl wrote:
GM_Chopper wrote:

Awww poor Kara got rejected :c
Fixed it for ya, so you can take part in it

Hahah thanks! I may actually participate with something, we'll see.

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedNov 28, 2016 6:23 am

1) This is not a contest, that's why we named it a challenge.
Thus, there won't be "winners" in the sense of "top 3".

2) Being showcased is part of the reward, similar to having your wallpaper in the game ;P
(We actually have a few... interesting ideas for future... we'll see, we'll see)

We wanted to avoid a situation where we promise high rewards which would stop us from selecting too many participants for showcase or just name a very simple reward only to realize we could have given more.

More rewards is a good thing but if they are not going to meet the expectations, not many ppl will try their best nor want to participate again. It is basically saying "we will give you... something"

About the showcasing thing, I am still not sure what exactly that "Digital Coloring Book" is supposed to be and where it will be shown too.

SatanicAbyss

Rank 3
SatanicAbyss
PostedNov 28, 2016 6:58 am
Do we really need to attract more kids under 10 years that shout noob at everything in this game?

Also, on average, I get more out of the pen prizes from the loot box.
p(-_-)q

lMissatanl

Rank 3
lMissatanl
PostedNov 28, 2016 7:52 am
SatanicAbyss wrote:
Do we really need to attract more kids under 10 years that shout noob at everything in this game?  

Well, actually there are coloring books for adults (and no, most of them don't contain that kind of "adult content", they're just more detailed).
Also, coloring books are known for their stress-relieving abilities.

gmkarasakal

Game Master
gmkarasakal
PostedNov 28, 2016 8:56 am
lMissatanl wrote:

Well, actually there are coloring books for adults (and no, most of them don't contain that kind of "adult content", they're just more detailed).
Also, coloring books are known for their stress-relieving abilities.

SOMEONE WHO GETS ME!! :'D

Joking aside, the number of people doing coloring between my friends was definitely a factor in this event. And no, I don't have 10yo friends. I'm old Sad

SatanicAbyss wrote:

Also, on average, I get more out of the pen prizes from the loot box.
p(-_-)q  

I don't think this will attract 10 year olds to the game unless they are googling "coloring book event s4 league" ;P

Hella_from_Hell wrote:

More rewards is a good thing but if they are not going to meet the expectations, not many ppl will try their best nor want to participate again. It is basically saying "we will give you... something"

About the showcasing thing, I am still not sure what exactly that "Digital Coloring Book" is supposed to be and where it will be shown too.  

I really don't object that this looks a bit "weak", you guys are definitely right.
I just want to say that it's not because we didn't care or anything.

Like I explained above, we weren't sure how the reactions would be. Similar to the cosplay event, we wanted to try something different and we hope you will trust us in this.

We'll do our best to have rather satisfying rewards but on the other hand this is not meant as a big competition, so don't expect too much.

As for showcase, somewhere on the website, details to be revealed.

If you have any ideas, feel free to share of course.

Got questions? Find me at http://ask.fm/GM_Karasakal