GM_Chopper

Game Master
GM_Chopper
PostedJun 16, 2016 4:44 am

S4L Cosplay Contest 2016

Time to Cosplay!

Dear Leaguers,

We are proud to bring back the S4 League Cosplay Contest.
We have seen amazing cosplays of S4 League on the web and decided to collaborate with S4 League Props to bring you this contest.

Submit a picture or video of yourself cosplaying as a S4 League character.
Your submission has to be about the costume but you can add props for weapons and or/pets if you want.

Make sure to hold out a sign with your Aeria account ID as well as the mention "S4 League Cosplay" in your picture or video.
And finally when posting your entry, please write the reward you would choose if you win.  

This event will be running from 17.06 to 17.07  

First Prize: Weapon of your choice (FP stats) + Pet of your choice (FP stats) + 100K PEN + a forum badge.

Second Prize: Weapon of your choice (AP stats) + Pet of your choice (AP stats) + 75K PEN + a forum badge.

Third Prize: Weapon of your choice (PEN stats) + Pet of your choice (PEN stats) + 50K PEN + a forum badge.

All participants will get 20K PEN and a forum badge.

But there is more!
On top of the usual winners, we will also ask the community to vote for their favourite entry.
This Community Winner will get a weapon replica, courtesy of S4 League Props!  

- Only one submission per person
- Don't forget the "how to participate" rules!
- You must post your entry in this thread.
- Any copyright infringement or piracy is absolutely forbidden. Your designs should be just that – your own designs!
- We reserve the right to disqualify any design that may breach the rules of the contest or our ToS!
- No exceptions for participation outside of the set time frame will be given. Sorry!
- You may not use multiple accounts to participate – this will be checked!
- Nothing inappropriate!
- No cheating allowed.
- Every submission to this contest can and will be used by Aeria Games for promotional purposes.  

We can't wait to see some creative cosplaying for this event!
Advertisement

Rotten18

Rank 0
Rotten18
PostedJun 17, 2016 12:13 pm
Considering the time a proper cosplay takes, as well with material cost etc etc, its a joke to just offer that tiny glimpse of a prize. Please think about reworking them for complex contest like this one otherwise i doubt you will get enough participants.

0,02$

Selket01

Rank 2
Selket01
PostedJun 17, 2016 1:05 pm
Well this sounds like fun. I can definitely make a prop, but I cannot make a costume for the life of me.

namelefreak

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2016 3:03 pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, are you **** kidding me? Old events gave like 500 euro for cosplay. Why are you this cheap? You do realize cosplay takes time and money to make? I thought your job was to improve the quality of the game and it's events not downgrade it completely?

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedJun 17, 2016 4:28 pm
20k pen for participation... lel

LazyAfternoons

Rank 4
LazyAfternoons
PostedJun 17, 2016 4:49 pm
Prizes should be boosted a bit in my opinion, as someone already stated. Making a cosplay ain't a joke. Yet, still worth due to the S4 League Props's replica!

volke88

Rank 0
volke88
PostedJun 17, 2016 9:26 pm
LazyAfternoons wrote:
Prizes should be boosted a bit in my opinion, as someone already stated. Making a cosplay ain't a joke. Yet, still worth due to the S4 League Props's replica!  

Couldn't agree more.

While the event is creative, the prize just isn't worth that kind of dedication. If it's a prop or two, that might be different...

Kaezani

Rank 0
Kaezani
PostedJun 17, 2016 10:21 pm
It is a prop.
volke88 wrote:
LazyAfternoons wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

While the event is creative, the prize just isn't worth that kind of dedication. If it's a prop or two, that might be different...  

FB Admin for S4 League Props

gmkarasakal

Game Master
gmkarasakal
PostedJun 19, 2016 6:51 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
20k pen for participation... lel  

namelefreak wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, are you **** kidding me? Old events gave like 500 euro for cosplay. Why are you this cheap? You do realize cosplay takes time and money to make? I thought your job was to improve the quality of the game and it's events not downgrade it completely?  

Hello, we aren't asking anyone to make the real-life replica of S4. It's a cosplay event and any tries are welcome. I, for one, am looking for low-budget cosplays. In the end, we are interested to see the cosplayers out there!

As with any event, it's main purpose is to have fun together.

Of course, if your single purpose is to earn rewards and the rewards don't interest you, that's fine. But that's not everyone! Smile

This is why we have so many drawings in each art event that people make and send. Some do it to earn an easy reward, some do it for self-challenge, some do it for the fun. Some people hope to win and a good deal of them, I believe, knows they won't take the first place.
But hey, it's fun Smile

Thus, I disagree that the rewards make a game or event better or worse. It's the community spirit that matters the most.

volke88 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

There is a prop involved Smile

I mean, don't get me wrong, all the feedback is welcome. This is our first try, at least since I joined, at a such event, but let's try to be more constructive Smile

nightmarish5

Rank 4
nightmarish5
PostedJun 19, 2016 8:22 am
gmkarasakal wrote:
Some do it to earn an easy reward, some do it for self-challenge, some do it for the fun. Some people hope to win and a good deal of them, I believe, knows they won't take the first place.  
And some people just want to watch the world burn?