angry_groceries

Rank 0
PostedJun 11, 2016 10:18 am
Congratulations to the winners.

Personally, I find 2nd place winner design to be best of these 3. It has something unique in it. Almost like a hidden - original - story following it. And judging from the past few seasons, which seems to be following/copying "west" pop trends, I think s4 definitely should implement something different, even if it's design from community.
Actually, I can't find anything I don't like about 2nd place design. All details, all these small variations of them between male and female... Just a solid good work. I'm even trying to force myself say something bad in regard to crystal like female leg accessory, but it just fall in place when you see both girl and boy costumes.

On other winning designs... 3rd one must have taken some time to make but time spend on designing something doesn't mean it's a good design to begin with. It has too many colours (or at least used colours is a no go), too many small and unnecessary details, plus this mash up of fairy and dead(?)... It feels like some sort of rococo kitsch. However, I believe, just by changing a few colours, it could become something quite attractive, as it is already a quite interesting design. It would be my 2nd pick.

1st place design presentation have some great stuff in it. All these close-ups, showing smaller details adds up to a nicely done presentation. Not to mention quite a good drawing skills. However design itself is just not interesting at all. Still wondering is there a tie I see on her..? I honestly believe it was chosen as a winner only because it shows more defined female body and, of course, more "open" female breasts, which is a selling point for a big part of S4 community. Very Happy

Anyway, good job everyone who participated! Smile
Advertisement

EvilGetsuga

Rank 1
EvilGetsuga
PostedJun 11, 2016 10:46 am
angry_groceries wrote:
Congratulations to the winners.

Personally, I find 2nd place winner design to be best of these 3. It has something unique in it. Almost like a hidden - original - story following it. And judging from the past few seasons, which seems to be following/copying "west" pop trends, I think s4 definitely should implement something different, even if it's design from community.
Actually, I can't find anything I don't like about 2nd place design. All details, all these small variations of them between male and female... Just a solid good work. I'm even trying to force myself say something bad in regard to crystal like female leg accessory, but it just fall in place when you see both girl and boy costumes.

On other winning designs... 3rd one must have taken some time to make but time spend on designing something doesn't mean it's a good design to begin with. It has too many colours (or at least used colours is a no go), too many small and unnecessary details, plus this mash up of fairy and dead(?)... It feels like some sort of rococo kitsch. However, I believe, just by changing a few colours, it could become something quite attractive, as it is already a quite interesting design. It would be my 2nd pick.

1st place design presentation have some great stuff in it. All these close-ups, showing smaller details adds up to a nicely done presentation. Not to mention quite a good drawing skills. However design itself is just not interesting at all. Still wondering is there a tie I see on her..? I honestly believe it was chosen as a winner only because it shows more defined female body and, of course, more "open" female breasts, which is a selling point for a big part of S4 community. Very Happy

Anyway, good job everyone who participated! Smile  

Hmm I may have worded it different but I surely can't disagree with this lol good post!

EvilGetsuga

Rank 1
EvilGetsuga
PostedJun 11, 2016 10:50 am
Selket01 wrote:
kridgosh wrote:
Now this is over. Can we please get a Weapon Creation V2? That isn't a Reskin. I think you guys still owe us that. Since everyone feel cheated out. With the rules being broke not from the contestant but by the GM and Developers.  

To keep it simple, I think a reskin contest would be the best way to go. Creating something completely new is a huge project to take on, especially when the community is coming up with some crazy ideas. I think that's why the devs took the first weapon contest into their own hands. But I agree, a second weapon creation contest would be a blast.

BTW, congrats to the winners  

I'd love a brand new community designed weapon but considering it may not be what the developers want to do I'd be happy with a reskin contest too. They should just make a new weapon themselves though to give us a compromise

lemoniz101

Rank 0
PostedJun 11, 2016 12:48 pm
Only the first seems sporty and can fit in the game.
The second is awful taste, like who the **** came with the idea of yellow socks please ..
And the third one ... no comment, I mean it's great and colorful, but it's definitly not what this game needs.

Either the submissions were all crappy or the staff have terrible terrible TERRIBLE taste. Maybe they used RNG on the submissions, F2P companies doing F2P stuff right?

lemoniz101

Rank 0
PostedJun 11, 2016 12:51 pm
EvilGetsuga wrote:
I'd love a brand new community designed weapon but considering it may not be what the developers want to do I'd be happy with a reskin contest too. They should just make a new weapon themselves though to give us a compromise  

Last time we got a weapon design contest it ended up being a CS (how surprising) force pack, not even a real weapon, no thanks, it's better to forget about this

EvilGetsuga

Rank 1
EvilGetsuga
PostedJun 11, 2016 5:46 pm
lemoniz101 wrote:
EvilGetsuga wrote:

Last time we got a weapon design contest it ended up being a CS (how surprising) force pack, not even a real weapon, no thanks, it's better to forget about this  

You should reread what i said i already addressed that Surprised and suggested they do it themselves

GMFeralus

Game Master
GMFeralus
PostedJun 12, 2016 5:55 am
Why should we use a RNG? Razz We all voted fair and square, it's always a scale from 1 (low) to 10 (high)

I call the ones of glory, the ones who always be free - To stand against the world with me

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedJun 12, 2016 6:30 am
lemoniz101 wrote:
The second is awful taste, like who the **** came with the idea of yellow socks please ..
And the third one ... no comment, I mean it's great and colorful, but it's definitly not what this game needs.

Either the submissions were all crappy or the staff have terrible terrible TERRIBLE taste. Maybe they used RNG on the submissions, F2P companies doing F2P stuff right?  

I don't see why all sets have to be sport related. The game would look pretty dry if that was the case and the devs would have ran out of ideas long ago if they were implementing only sport sets.
Even the very fist sets that came with the game aren't all sport related.

EvilGetsuga

Rank 1
EvilGetsuga
PostedJun 12, 2016 11:47 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
lemoniz101 wrote:

I don't see why all sets have to be sport related. The game would look pretty dry if that was the case and the devs would have ran out of ideas long ago if they were implementing only sport sets.
Even the very fist sets that came with the game aren't all sport related.  
well Clearly s4 is geared toward only sports themes with treasure hunter and mafia seasons xD

ninjawolf221

Rank 0
ninjawolf221
PostedJun 13, 2016 5:53 am
hmm ok the 1st look cool but i dont realy get why its winner whene its only female i mean dont hate me but if you make idea for costume make BOTH GENDER.. not just all felame all the time...it gets boring..its cool regardless but i have feeling i seen it somewhere..

2nd cool i like that as well has probably the best S4 style feel to it i like it alot

3rd its prety awsome and colorfull i like it as well but to much details and not S4 style at all

i like all 3 onestly but if you ask me i wuld make winner 2nd not becuase it is better OR worse but only becuase it has BOTH GENGER pictures..