Rojikku.
PostedMay 31, 2016 1:20 pm
Squirrel invasion begins.

Chief squirrel here. Got it?

Selket01

Rank 2
Selket01
PostedMay 31, 2016 1:43 pm
Apparently Gamigo markets its games in over 40 countries. Could this be good news for a potentially larger S4 Community? Or will the same countries remain blocked?

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedMay 31, 2016 1:51 pm
Selket01 wrote:
Apparently Gamigo markets its games in over 40 countries. Could this be good news for a potentially larger S4 Community? Or will the same countries remain blocked?  

Doubt so. Every game is independent.

nekoyoukai1990

Rank 0
nekoyoukai1990
PostedMay 31, 2016 2:56 pm
GS_Ghost wrote:
Very interesting news. Aeria Games merges with Gamigo...so this means Aeria Games absorbed Gamigo and that also means more MMORPG games.  

Actually, as I understand it from the Fiesta NA forum, Gamigo bought out AeriaGames in a way that AG and Gamigo would still retain their rights to their individual games. (i.e. Fiesta stays with Gamigo with no meddling from AG, and AG retains AK with no meddling from Gamigo.)

However, I would not expect ANYTHING good from this "merger." Ever since Outspark's abrupt and unannounced departure from Fiesta, EVERYTHING has gone downhill. OnSon managed for a brief time to keep Fiesta afloat until the developers at Gamigo got the guts to buy out their share and take it over completely. Since then, patches for anything but minor bug fixes (bug fixes that were in no way urgent like the missing items and characters from merge) have been made, and even those are few and far between. Server merge was a total flop (started by OnSon around this time last year, then left for Gamigo to clean up when they were bought out). Servers are now more populated, as intended, but some Kingdom Quests either don't work or are bugged enough that you can't finish them. Characters got misplaced to the wrong servers with no recourse until transfer item is released (a year later, still no transfer item). Designer suits were sold in cash shop, then never delivered. All in all, it a total disaster.

Aeria, if you truly love your games/communities, please reconsider who you are taking as a partner in your future endeavors. Gamigo will just downgrade the gaming expirience, costing you many fans, friends, and players, as well as your income from them.

LichDemon

Rank 3
LichDemon
PostedMay 31, 2016 3:23 pm
Is Last Chaos coming home?

MVP_Transfixx.

Rank 0
MVP_Transfixx.
PostedMay 31, 2016 3:58 pm
more money??

dkstarcraft

Rank 5
dkstarcraft
PostedMay 31, 2016 6:32 pm
-sigh-
Just make sure this merge doesnt mess up with s4 and i wont show you Hard

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMay 31, 2016 11:27 pm
Now now dear friends, I'm sure all will be well.
From my understanding this is not what we are used to as a merger.

When Aeria took over ijji, ijji's accounts were merged into Aeria and they became a part of us.

When Pss1 took over Aeria there was no actual structure change, they merely became a resource, but we stayed as we are.

For those of us that remember AeriaGames (Japan), this concept is easy to understand. Basically "we" will be "managed" by Gamigo.

This will probably be the same way, meaning that we won't really see much difference on our end except in the form of greater resources for the company,...(an example of greater resources would be more staff available to assist in technical issues such as web design, server maintenance, engineering upkeep, billing and ticket resolution, etc)

If there was any actual change to the portal and how we operate here as a community, I would be surprised. We have a fairly unique, althoughbeit outdated, portal design that has a certain appeal to it over other portals.

Now while I personally prefer for everything to be under the Umbrella of "Aeria Games", we probably won't see this happen any time in the near future because most of the game titles are split among smaller subsidiary companies. For example, Dragons Prophet is licensed to Infernum which is subsidized by gamigo, so that if it were to tank there would not be any substantial loss to the parent company.

We here at Aeria have always taken on the full weight and responsibilities of our titles, which is one of the reasons why we have seen many titles come and go over the years...we cut our losses with unfavorable ventures.

But I remain optimistic about this merger, and suspect it will ensure the future of both Aeria and Gamigo in the long run.

Indeed only time will tell.

The one part I'm still waiting on is a broader investment into Aeria Mobile with a full fledge Aeria Mobile App that intertwines social, gaming, and portal features for all of us Aerians on the go. But, alas, this remains to be seen.

The prophecy has only begun to unveil.

(>^_^)>

floridaguy99

Rank 0
floridaguy99
PostedJun 01, 2016 12:30 am
This is something that is only going to provide for long term big change, concerning games under Aeria, and worries me that it might negatively effects some titles, with my most favorite and beloved being AVA. I can only hope that AVA will only get some more much needed support to help boost it back towards being the giant it once was. We have a very loyal and dedicated player base that has pushed this wonderful title to keep on moving, with countless coming and going.