andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMay 31, 2016 12:00 am

[PPR] June 2016 - Aeria Games & Gamigo - Joining Forces

That's right folks! Aeria Games & Gamigo are soon to merge forces to become one giant global online publisher! And frankly, it's about time too.

You can read the press release from gamigo AG here
https://en.gamigo.com/corporate/uncategorized/gamigo-ag-and-aeria-games-to-merge/

I'm sure there will be plenty of questions, such as:

• Will I keep my Aeria account? or will we be using our Gamigo account?
    (in which direction are we merging?)

• Will this change the site layout? or will there remain two separate site layouts?

• Will we be able to log into all the games under the "umbrella" with one account?
    Or will we continue to use two separate accounts?

So many questions. I'm sure you have lots!
And I'm sure the staff will answer them in due time.
Feel free to post your questions! Perhaps it will help them address them in the future.

/Excited! Aren't you?

Advertisement

walmazi

Rank 5
walmazi
PostedMay 31, 2016 12:55 am
Speculative answers based on assumptions from the main article with rationale (until official answers are given of-course):

• Aeria is a minority stakeholder (33%) so perhaps we will be the ones who are moving to their interface. Forum design is not significantly different either way so I do not mind either, though we have a centralized forum so it may be that they adopt the collective index of all games in the way we have it (or let ours cannibalise theirs into ours and just change site branding). I just pray that Gamigo sees the benefit in keeping Grand Fantasia.
  • Toward the future most likely a single site layout, however given the significant player numbers in both communities I can see that two layouts will stay as they are for a good time to come.
  • It will most likely operate similarly to the way ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE accounts were merged.

On the whole I'm pretty excited to what this will bring and what will spawn from the merge of the two companies.

Cinnyboo

EOS Founder
Cinnyboo
PostedMay 31, 2016 1:06 am
As long as AK gets to live. '-'

[AK] CinnyBun - Phoenix

pirate999666

Rank 0
pirate999666
PostedMay 31, 2016 1:16 am
Cinnyboo wrote:
As long as AK gets to live. '-'  

Amen to that!

dylan.gallop

Global Game Sage
dylan.gallop
PostedMay 31, 2016 1:28 am
This is going to be interesting to see

PronPonPon

Rank 0
PostedMay 31, 2016 2:35 am
( ͡° ͜🔴 ͡°) i hope maintenance games have many rollback

GM_Adrivian

Game Master
GM_Adrivian
PostedMay 31, 2016 3:09 am
Thank you for raising these questions and thank you for your patience on the matter. I'm sure that more communication is on its way from our sides.

Personally I'm very excited about these news!

Adri~

JollySama

Rank 2
JollySama
PostedMay 31, 2016 3:58 am
Maybe this answers a bit: click

Translation of the main aspects:
Both will stay companies.
Game operation is secured in the long-term
What changes are the possibilities -> Know-How and Manpower of both companies will unite for greater results.

gm_erashnak

Game Master
gm_erashnak
PostedMay 31, 2016 6:12 am
Hello everyone!

Thanks for posting these questions! We hope that we can address and answer them in the near future once the details have been agreed and decided upon by both companies.

I'm optimistic that this merger will combine the strengths of both companies going forward and that we'll be able to provide specific answers at a later date. Smile

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.

Hiroxatu

Rank 2
Hiroxatu
PostedMay 31, 2016 5:59 pm
if it adds any benefits to the players im good ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ