WnR.Silver

Rank 1
PostedMay 01, 2016 2:09 pm
I'm not the one who started this **** lol, you guys are bashing the coordination and the GMs for providing a tournament for players who want to play this game competitively, I'm merely defending them and providing reasons why it's not how you think it is even though I shouldn't and should just ignore you like everyone else.

Feel free to post forever, I'll just ignore you from now on.

@Gaentz

No matter what we do, they will always complain, it's not something you can fix. We had an amateur league before, non of those people you see before you even tried to play in those, which proves that they just want to talk trash.
Advertisement

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedMay 01, 2016 3:00 pm
WnR.Silver wrote:
I'm not the one who started this **** lol, you guys are bashing the coordination and the GMs for providing a tournament for players who want to play this game competitively, I'm merely defending them and providing reasons why it's not how you think it is even though I shouldn't and should just ignore you like everyone else.

Feel free to post forever, I'll just ignore you from now on.

@Gaentz

No matter what we do, they will always complain, it's not something you can fix. We had an amateur league before, non of those people you see before you even tried to play in those, which proves that they just want to talk trash.  

Then maybe you should do something to attract those players. Bashing on them won't help.

Srsly. We are trying to tell you what has to be improved in those tournaments to be to make more people willing to participate and you keep behaving like a kid rejecting everything that doesn't matches your opinion.

Well, fine then. Keep repeating the same formula over and over again. Nothing will change. Your loss.

I guess you care more about easy win than the actual tournament.

nightmarish5

Rank 4
nightmarish5
PostedMay 01, 2016 4:15 pm
tl;dr for the last few pages:

shanicthehedge

Rank 4
shanicthehedge
PostedMay 02, 2016 12:32 pm
Call me when we get a supersonic tournament with SO rules

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedMay 02, 2016 12:34 pm
shanicthehedge wrote:

Then it won't be supersonic if it is SO.

shanicthehedge

Rank 4
shanicthehedge
PostedMay 02, 2016 12:56 pm
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
shanicthehedge wrote:

Then it won't be supersonic if it is SO.  

Call me when the KR devs says that the supersonic can't be SO

BindMaid

Rank 4
BindMaid
PostedMay 02, 2016 4:08 pm
these tournament names are an insult towards greek gods and goddesses and mythology overall.

€: GMFeralus -> watch your language.

DatNoctiS

Rank 0
DatNoctiS
PostedMay 03, 2016 3:30 am
I'm sure everyone would like having a tournament for less experienced teams, I would too, considering I don't stand a chance competing with the best anymore either.

However, I've been doing this for years, and I can say that people are quick to complain, yet very slow in actually doing something.

Sure, s5 could do something like an "amateur series" but do they get paid for the work they put into the tournaments? No. Do they have a giant staff capable of handling 2-3 tournaments at once? No.
I mean we want sword only, we want amateur series, we want casual tournaments we want competitive tournaments and you all probably have more ideas of things you want,right? sounds like a pretty big load of things to do while having to work a full time job to pay for your own life or studying in university,huh?
Maybe someone else wants to dedicate some time and effort into creating something themselves, or with support from S5 and Aeria.
A 16 team tournament without any stat limits isn't super duper hard to manage, contact a GS to get in touch with Aeria, they would surely support you with a forum post, facebook post, possibly a stream or ingame/launcher images as well. Basically all you need is a mailaccount a bracket generator and google forms + google tables.
Heck even some random guy like me would help you get started, but hey, I've heard people rant for 6 years now but it doesn't seem like anyone actually cares beyond complaining.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedMay 03, 2016 4:13 am
DatNoctiS wrote:
I'm sure everyone would like having a tournament for less experienced teams, I would too, considering I don't stand a chance competing with the best anymore either.

However, I've been doing this for years, and I can say that people are quick to complain, yet very slow in actually doing something.

Sure, s5 could do something like an "amateur series" but do they get paid for the work they put into the tournaments? No. Do they have a giant staff capable of handling 2-3 tournaments at once? No.
I mean we want sword only, we want amateur series, we want casual tournaments we want competitive tournaments and you all probably have more ideas of things you want,right? sounds like a pretty big load of things to do while having to work a full time job to pay for your own life or studying in university,huh?
Maybe someone else wants to dedicate some time and effort into creating something themselves, or with support from S5 and Aeria.
A 16 team tournament without any stat limits isn't super duper hard to manage, contact a GS to get in touch with Aeria, they would surely support you with a forum post, facebook post, possibly a stream or ingame/launcher images as well. Basically all you need is a mailaccount a bracket generator and google forms + google tables.
Heck even some random guy like me would help you get started, but hey, I've heard people rant for 6 years now but it doesn't seem like anyone actually cares beyond complaining.

We don't have to do a thing really.
If you don't want to improve it or enjoy doing it, then why even bother doing it at all?

nightmarish5

Rank 4
nightmarish5
PostedMay 03, 2016 5:47 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
DatNoctiS wrote:

We don't have to do a thing really.
If you don't want to improve it or enjoy doing it, then why even bother doing it at all?  
You complain that this tournament is only for the "dedicated" S5 players. But you fail to see that it is organized by the s5 community. If you want an SO tournament, the SO community should organize it. You can't just say the S5 community has to do all the work just because they already do tournaments for their own.