Author Message

WnR.Silver

Rank 1
Joined
28 Jun 2014
Posts
341
Location
Amman Jordan
PostedMay 01, 2016 11:10 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Myochi wrote:

I've never said that I was even trying to win, but let's face it, nobody else has a chance either with these "dedicated" player tournaments. No matter how hard you keep practicing, some players can never reach past the same gangs winning.

This defending of the tournaments always coming from the winning group doesn't prove a point either. I'd defend a public excuse of giving free items to a certain person too. I'd be very dedicated to that.  


This is a kind of tournament made for the dedicated players. Same goes for any kind of contest, take the drawing contest for example, if I sucked at drawing do I have the right to complain and be like "we all know whos going to win this is useless because I'm bad at drawing, don't allow good artists in it because I won't have chance"? The answer is no, I don't see people complaining about that in those contests, so there shouldn't be people complaining about the same thing in this one unless they are trolls or haters and just can't find something to complain about.

If I were you I'd just suck it up and try to accept the reality of things.  

She isn't hating. She is just saying what exactly happens every time.  

And.. Your point is?
Advertisement

main32

Rank 0
main32
Joined
10 Jul 2014
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedMay 01, 2016 11:13 am

Hera

Ohhhhh!! this looks like a sweet tournament haha!!! I wish I can sign up a team for this tournament but the dates are in the middle of exams for me... Will there be more like this in the future?

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
15823
Location
Bulgaria
PostedMay 01, 2016 11:18 am
WnR.Silver wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Myochi wrote:

I've never said that I was even trying to win, but let's face it, nobody else has a chance either with these "dedicated" player tournaments. No matter how hard you keep practicing, some players can never reach past the same gangs winning.

This defending of the tournaments always coming from the winning group doesn't prove a point either. I'd defend a public excuse of giving free items to a certain person too. I'd be very dedicated to that.  


This is a kind of tournament made for the dedicated players. Same goes for any kind of contest, take the drawing contest for example, if I sucked at drawing do I have the right to complain and be like "we all know whos going to win this is useless because I'm bad at drawing, don't allow good artists in it because I won't have chance"? The answer is no, I don't see people complaining about that in those contests, so there shouldn't be people complaining about the same thing in this one unless they are trolls or haters and just can't find something to complain about.

If I were you I'd just suck it up and try to accept the reality of things.  

She isn't hating. She is just saying what exactly happens every time.  

And.. Your point is?  

My point is, there is no much variety in the tournaments which results having the same people winning every time therefore people don't want to bother. It is equivalent to having a drawing event where the theme is always the same.

WnR.Silver

Rank 1
Joined
28 Jun 2014
Posts
341
Location
Amman Jordan
PostedMay 01, 2016 11:20 am
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Myochi wrote:

I've never said that I was even trying to win, but let's face it, nobody else has a chance either with these "dedicated" player tournaments. No matter how hard you keep practicing, some players can never reach past the same gangs winning.

This defending of the tournaments always coming from the winning group doesn't prove a point either. I'd defend a public excuse of giving free items to a certain person too. I'd be very dedicated to that.  


This is a kind of tournament made for the dedicated players. Same goes for any kind of contest, take the drawing contest for example, if I sucked at drawing do I have the right to complain and be like "we all know whos going to win this is useless because I'm bad at drawing, don't allow good artists in it because I won't have chance"? The answer is no, I don't see people complaining about that in those contests, so there shouldn't be people complaining about the same thing in this one unless they are trolls or haters and just can't find something to complain about.

If I were you I'd just suck it up and try to accept the reality of things.  

She isn't hating. She is just saying what exactly happens every time.  

And.. Your point is?  

My point is, there is no much variety in the tournaments which results having the same people winning every time therefore people don't want to bother. It is equivalent to having a drawing event where the theme is always the same.  


Drawing events will always be categorized by drawing skills, no matter what the theme is. It isn't much different at all.

S5Trace

Rank 0
S5Trace
Joined
20 Jan 2016
Posts
19
Location
Greece
PostedMay 01, 2016 11:22 am

Re: Hera

main32 wrote:
Ohhhhh!! this looks like a sweet tournament haha!!! I wish I can sign up a team for this tournament but the dates are in the middle of exams for me... Will there be more like this in the future?  


Hopefully you'll see a tournament like this once per month. We've been doing some test tournaments for the past two months such as Aphrodite and Athena and they worked out pretty well so we are confident we can deliver a monthly tournament experience.

Keep in mind this is a different series from the "Elements" tournaments which happened last month and is supposed to be a larger scale tournament with multiple stages. This tournament series is about having a platform to compete on a regular basis, so you can definitely expect more of this!

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
15823
Location
Bulgaria
PostedMay 01, 2016 11:24 am
WnR.Silver wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Myochi wrote:

I've never said that I was even trying to win, but let's face it, nobody else has a chance either with these "dedicated" player tournaments. No matter how hard you keep practicing, some players can never reach past the same gangs winning.

This defending of the tournaments always coming from the winning group doesn't prove a point either. I'd defend a public excuse of giving free items to a certain person too. I'd be very dedicated to that.  


This is a kind of tournament made for the dedicated players. Same goes for any kind of contest, take the drawing contest for example, if I sucked at drawing do I have the right to complain and be like "we all know whos going to win this is useless because I'm bad at drawing, don't allow good artists in it because I won't have chance"? The answer is no, I don't see people complaining about that in those contests, so there shouldn't be people complaining about the same thing in this one unless they are trolls or haters and just can't find something to complain about.

If I were you I'd just suck it up and try to accept the reality of things.  

She isn't hating. She is just saying what exactly happens every time.  

And.. Your point is?  

My point is, there is no much variety in the tournaments which results having the same people winning every time therefore people don't want to bother. It is equivalent to having a drawing event where the theme is always the same.  


Drawing events will always be categorized by drawing skills, no matter what the theme is. It isn't much different at all.  

Not necessarily but it do requires drawing skills.

For example someone who have won a traditional art event won't necessarily win a image editing event.

With the tournaments everything is the same except in rare cases.
-same stats
-same mode
-same teams
-same team size

WnR.Silver

Rank 1
Joined
28 Jun 2014
Posts
341
Location
Amman Jordan
PostedMay 01, 2016 12:00 pm
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Myochi wrote:

I've never said that I was even trying to win, but let's face it, nobody else has a chance either with these "dedicated" player tournaments. No matter how hard you keep practicing, some players can never reach past the same gangs winning.

This defending of the tournaments always coming from the winning group doesn't prove a point either. I'd defend a public excuse of giving free items to a certain person too. I'd be very dedicated to that.  


This is a kind of tournament made for the dedicated players. Same goes for any kind of contest, take the drawing contest for example, if I sucked at drawing do I have the right to complain and be like "we all know whos going to win this is useless because I'm bad at drawing, don't allow good artists in it because I won't have chance"? The answer is no, I don't see people complaining about that in those contests, so there shouldn't be people complaining about the same thing in this one unless they are trolls or haters and just can't find something to complain about.

If I were you I'd just suck it up and try to accept the reality of things.  

She isn't hating. She is just saying what exactly happens every time.  

And.. Your point is?  

My point is, there is no much variety in the tournaments which results having the same people winning every time therefore people don't want to bother. It is equivalent to having a drawing event where the theme is always the same.  


Drawing events will always be categorized by drawing skills, no matter what the theme is. It isn't much different at all.  

Not necessarily but it do requires drawing skills.

For example someone who have won a traditional art event won't necessarily win a image editing event.

With the tournaments everything is the same except in rare cases.
-same stats
-same mode
-same teams
-same team size  


Different maps, brackets, teams, and also a different metagame. Compared to drawing events tournaments are much more diverse, maybe not for the inexperienced, but same for drawing contests, someone who doesn't know crap about art will think they're all the same.

I don't think the top 3 teams were ever the same from tournament to tournament tbh, perhaps only between Exodus and Supersonic were the top 2 teams were always DATG and Spanish Selection, and even then the 3rd place downwards was different.

Try to do some research before coming to conclusions, you or whoever keeps saying "winners are the same every single time", or "all tournaments are the same", stop making these excuses.

Myochi

Rank 5
Joined
03 Feb 2010
Posts
3555
Location
Finland
PostedMay 01, 2016 12:03 pm
WnR.Silver wrote:
Myochi wrote:

I've never said that I was even trying to win, but let's face it, nobody else has a chance either with these "dedicated" player tournaments. No matter how hard you keep practicing, some players can never reach past the same gangs winning.

This defending of the tournaments always coming from the winning group doesn't prove a point either. I'd defend a public excuse of giving free items to a certain person too. I'd be very dedicated to that.  


This is a kind of tournament made for the dedicated players. Same goes for any kind of contest, take the drawing contest for example, if I sucked at drawing do I have the right to complain and be like "we all know whos going to win this is useless because I'm bad at drawing, don't allow good artists in it because I won't have chance"? The answer is no, I don't see people complaining about that in those contests, so there shouldn't be people complaining about the same thing in this one unless they are trolls or haters and just can't find something to complain about.

If I were you I'd just suck it up and try to accept the reality of things.  

You can't compare tournaments to drawing contests. You don't have to whip up a group of other talented people to win a drawing event. You don't even have to be that good at drawing to have a chance. You just need a good idea. There was a dude who won with a stick figure drawing because the idea he had was good. How often do you see someone have a chance in a tournament with a good idea? Never.

It's true that one could complain about other events too but what's the point. Unlike these tournaments they have diversity. They have different themes, digital and traditional.. they're accepting different styles and judging based on different criteria such as keeping to the subject and creativity. Not only by who has the best skills in drawing.

The only way to win anything in these tournaments is if you have a group of overly dedicated players and you'll win every match. Like Hella pointed out.. it's always the same mode.. it's always the same people.. it's always the same tournament with a different name.

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
15823
Location
Bulgaria
PostedMay 01, 2016 12:06 pm
Are you really denying that the same ppl always win? Lmao.
At least 1 if not 2 of the same teams goes to top 3 every time.

WnR.Silver

Rank 1
Joined
28 Jun 2014
Posts
341
Location
Amman Jordan
PostedMay 01, 2016 12:18 pm
Myochi wrote:
WnR.Silver wrote:
Myochi wrote:

I've never said that I was even trying to win, but let's face it, nobody else has a chance either with these "dedicated" player tournaments. No matter how hard you keep practicing, some players can never reach past the same gangs winning.

This defending of the tournaments always coming from the winning group doesn't prove a point either. I'd defend a public excuse of giving free items to a certain person too. I'd be very dedicated to that.  


This is a kind of tournament made for the dedicated players. Same goes for any kind of contest, take the drawing contest for example, if I sucked at drawing do I have the right to complain and be like "we all know whos going to win this is useless because I'm bad at drawing, don't allow good artists in it because I won't have chance"? The answer is no, I don't see people complaining about that in those contests, so there shouldn't be people complaining about the same thing in this one unless they are trolls or haters and just can't find something to complain about.

If I were you I'd just suck it up and try to accept the reality of things.  

You can't compare tournaments to drawing contests. You don't have to whip up a group of other talented people to win a drawing event. You don't even have to be that good at drawing to have a chance. You just need a good idea. There was a dude who won with a stick figure drawing because the idea he had was good. How often do you see someone have a chance in a tournament with a good idea? Never.

It's true that one could complain about other events too but what's the point. Unlike these tournaments they have diversity. They have different themes, digital and traditional.. they're accepting different styles and judging based on different criteria such as keeping to the subject and creativity. Not only by who has the best skills in drawing.

The only way to win anything in these tournaments is if you have a group of overly dedicated players and you'll win every match. Like Hella pointed out.. it's always the same mode.. it's always the same people.. it's always the same tournament with a different name.  

Wait, so you've never heard of competition before? I thought your problem was not having a chance to win, but apparently you don't even understand what a tournament means.

This thread is not for you then.

@Hella

What's wrong with having a team appear in top 3 every time? What's wrong with having the top 3 teams being the same even? They deserved it, while you were too lazy complaining about literally everything on the forums they were playing the game and getting better, and there is nothing wrong with that. You even complain in drawing contests about the winners if you didn't win anything, that's just sad tbh.

Thankfully our scene is not that boring, yes, it would be boring if the top 3 teams are the same everytime, but it's definitely not wrong, there are many huge esports that have the top 10 teams the same each tournament, thankfully in S4 it's mostly 1 team, max 2 teams on very rare occasions like Exodus and SST being in top 3.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: