Respect your opponents and the tournament staff (Poor behavior and disrespect can be reported and can be punished by disqualification and, where reasonable, a timed ban of your account).
• Follow the instructions of the tournament staff in order to allow them to manage the rooms in a smooth and timely manner.
• Obstructing the tournament staff or the general progress of the tournament in any way, shape, or form may have consequences for the offending player's account.
•Throughout the tournament you’ll receive emails with information necessary to participate. In detail, you’ll receive your room information through email which includes your opponents, the server and channel the room is located in, and the judge(s) responsible for your channel.
• In the qualifying rounds of the tournament you’ll have to open the rooms for yourself or join a room opened by your opponent. The team who opens the room will be decided randomly beforehand and specified in the email.
• If you are designated to open the tournament room and fail to do so within 10 minutes and without a notice to the judge, you’ll be disqualified.
• Teams have 10 minutes to show up for their matches.
• Should a player disconnect from the game within the first 30 seconds of a map, the map has to be restarted.
• Sitting out for a disconnected player is mandatory. If the player fails to reconnect within a reasonable time frame then the team with the disconnect may automatically forfeit the match at the judge’s discretion.
• Some lag is to be expected in an international online gaming environment, however in extreme cases judges may force a player with latency problems to sit or be replaced or nullify touchdowns caused by lag issues.
• The use of any kind of hacking software or bugs will be punished with a disqualification from the tournament and a potential ban on joining future S4Source hosted tournaments.
• We reserve the right to disqualify any team under suspicion of foul play. That includes hacking, force-lagging, bug abusing, DDoSing. Anything that provides an unfair edge to a team or is disruptive of the tournament.
• Every player has to have their character information set as Open.
• Changing characters during halftime (or during the game is played after a disconnect), is strictly forbidden and will be punished with disqualification. Anyone (including substitutes) rejoining the game after a disconnect must use the same weapons and skill as the person that disconnected.
If the opposing team offends any of the rules, you can notify a judge responsible for your channel. If the judge is unavailable then you can provide proof via screenshot (or video recording in some cases) and send an email to email@example.com
reporting the issue.