chinesrat

Rank 1
chinesrat
PostedJan 03, 2009 9:49 pm   Last edited by chinesrat on Jan 03, 2009 10:56 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Second story i decided to write. But just for you!

The ships rolled into Varis-Kahn, bringing in goods from other cities. The dockworkers marveled at one of the ships, Pearl Essence. Little did they know a band of notorious rogues was hidden beneath the decks of the grand ship. The rogues snuck off the ship silently as possible and stepped onto the dock. The shipment was still being unloaded, and the party took the chance to get into the city unnoticed.
The giant walls guarding the city loomed over the group, the five assassins had to bend their necks back to see the top of it. The group set off toward Citadel Varis, a large overlooking tower near the waterfront. Ravaerur, the leader of the party, quickened his pace when he saw the spire on top of the citadel. His followers ran after him, and when they finally reached the Citadel, two guards stood outside the entrance.
Ravaerur approached one and smiled. The he withdrew a long slender red blade and slid it into the guard’s armor plate. The guard looked down, and crumpled to the ground. Before the other guard knew what had happened, another rogue finished him. Ravaerur pushed open the wide doors easily, and walked in gracefully. Inside, more than fifteen soldiers turned to look at Ravaerur. One ran upstairs and the others grabbed swords and helmets.
“Kill” said Ravaerur, and the other four assassins ran in to achieve just that. Blade met blade, and after a short while, the fifteen soldiers lay dead where they stood. Ravaerur ran upstairs and there stood the king of Varis-Kahn. Ravaerur walked into the room and sat down in a chair. “Ravaerur, how did you get in here? Guards!” The king yelled. “Your wasting your time.” Ravaerur said emotionless. “What have you done? You can’t just betray your king like this.”. “I believe I just did.” Ravaerur said.
Ravaerur stood up and stretched. He walked over to the aging king and placed his hand on his shoulder. Your time has come old man. Before the king had time to react Ravaerur was already retracting the dagger from his chest. Ravaerur walked out of the room wiping the blade clean. One guard tried to stop him, but Ravaerur pushed him out of the way.
Damarar walked into the port city of Varis-Kahn. He entered a tavern to score a drink. He entered the tavern to see the keeper with his head down on the bar. Damarar walked over to the man. “The place is deserted.” Damarar said. “Well I reckon it would be after what happened.” The man said. “What happened?” Damarar said. “Ravaerur has returned and has slain the king.” The man said. “Again?, I thought I put a stop to him in Valewind?” Damarar stated. “He keeps returning no matter what, if you want to find him he arrived on the ship Pearl essence.” The man said. “I’ll put and end to this once and for all.” Damarar said while departing the tavern.
Damarar saw a crowd of people surrounding the men carrying the king’s body away. He shoved through the crowd to one of the guards. “Damarar, you have returned.” The guard said. “Wish I would have returned sooner.” Damarar said whilst walking away from the guard. He arrived at the docks to see that the ship Pearl essence was no longer docked. He went to the harbormaster asking for a crew and ship. The harbormaster stated that Damarar could not receive them for over a month. He threw a large bag of coins onto the table. The harbormaster’s eyes widened and he grabbed the bag.
After bribing the harbormaster, Damarar walked to his ship, Atlantis. The name if the ship didn’t fit the condition. He inspected the ship and knew that this would be enough to get him close enough to Ravaerur. Upon walking aboard the ship a humungous man stood in front of him. “Master, I am Kourg, I am here to serve you.” The man said. “Be on your way, I have no need for servants.” Damarar told the man. The crew prepared to depart from the safety of Varis-Kahn and out to the open sea.
Advertisement

chinesrat

Rank 1
chinesrat
PostedJan 03, 2009 9:52 pm

I know

It sucks, i wrote in about 36 minutes flat.

sirgrager

Rank 0
PostedJan 03, 2009 10:11 pm

sweet

im for the assassin guy, seems like a badass xD can't wait for it to be continued write more though

chinesrat

Rank 1
chinesrat
PostedJan 03, 2009 10:14 pm

:D

Thanks!, I'll make sure to write more. This was just a something i felt doing out of boredom but seeing that someone likes it i guess i'll write more. lol

chinesrat

Rank 1
chinesrat
PostedJan 03, 2009 11:48 pm

Continued..... I'm done for the night will continue tomorrow

The crew departed from the harbor. Citizens cheered them on after hearing the news of Damarar setting out to kill Ravaerur. Damarar sat on the edge of his bed reading a small piece of paper. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a figure in the doorway. The figure walked into the light and handed him a small note. He opened the note and it read, “Hello, Damarar, I have heard much of you as of late. I agree that Ravaerur has to be stopped, but are you daft going out alone. If you wish for assistance meet me north of the Isles of Dratu, Sincerely, Aesirogos.” Damarar placed the note onto the table and blew out the candle. He thought about it the whole night.

He awoke early in the morning to light shining through his window. He laced up his armor and placed his swords in sheath, walking out to the sight of his crew working hard to set sail. “Set sail for the northern most tip of the Isle of Dratu!” Damarar yelled. The crew immediately started working. Damarar stood at the bow of the ship, staring out at the open ocean. He looked back to the sight of Varis-Kahn. He wondered if he should have left.

He was interrupted by a shriek of terror from behind him. He looked to see one of his crewmembers being mangled by an undead looking creature. He spotted more and set out for the targets. He drew Tathriel and Frostdealve from their sheaths. Damarar leaped into the air slashing wildly at one of the creatures. He noticed more were swarming the deck, but his crewmates luckily were no novices to battle. He went to run to help his crewmates until a large creature stepped in front of him.

The creature spoke in a guttural tone, “Restrain them my minions, I’ll deal with this one.” It said, Followed by a deep laugh. The creature Reached over his shoulder to a large great sword. It easily lifted the heavy sword with one hand, with lightning fast speed the creature swung the sword at Damarar. Damarar trained by master swordsman, Kael’Arias, knew this attack well. He rolled to the side the sword nearly taking his leg off. Damarar stood to his feet directly in front of the creature expecting a counter attack, but there was none.

He noticed the creature was unusually amused with him. “Ha-ha your better than I expected, but that won’t be problem.” The creature said. Suddenly it lunged it’s sword out attempting to impale Damarar, but Damarar had already ran past him. The creature turned around and set out after Damarar. Damarar placed one foot onto the wall and ran up it flipping back over the creature. Dumbfounded the creature stood there looking up as Damarar came down slashing its throat. As Damarar walked away he heard a voice say “Oh, but that’s not going to work human.” Damarar turned to see the creature standing up.

He went to charge at the creature but a blue light shot past Damarar burning a hole through the creature’s chest. “What is this?!” the creature screamed. Terrified it leaped into the sea followed by its undead companions. Damarar heard from behind him, “Ahoy! Did you get my letter?” He turned around to see a man in white robes. The man had symbols on his face and a strange blue color to his eyes. He was surrounded by other elegantly dressed people.

The man let down a boardwalk connecting the two ships. “Why don’t you come over and have something to eat.” He said. Damarar walked over the boardwalk and followed the man into a finely crafted room for a ship. The man sat down at the far end of the table and pointed to a chair next to him. “I’m guessing your Aesirogos.” said Damarar. “You guessed right.” Aesirogos said smiling. “You don’t look much like someone who would travel the sea.” said Damarar. “Aye, but looks can be deceiving.” Aesirogos stated. “I guess.” Damarar said. After eating Damarar gave his thanks to Aesirogos and returned to his ship.

Kacia

Rank 2
Kacia
PostedJan 23, 2009 4:02 pm
Hmmm, since you told me about it a month ago, I decided I'd check it out lol..

^.^ Very nice.

Pandaemoniumx

Rank 3
Pandaemoniumx
PostedJan 24, 2009 8:12 am

Re: I know

chinesrat wrote:
It sucks, i wrote in about 36 minutes flat.  
If you say the story sucks, it tells me you have no self-confidence on it, and morally, it'll suck. Try to think otherwise when you write stories.

I say it's a good story. Good vocabulary, punctuation, and other things that several other stories lack. I like the Ravaerur character, he seems very notorious. You have a good and straightfoward storyline. I hope to see you posting again.

chinesrat

Rank 1
chinesrat
PostedJan 25, 2009 12:13 am
K I,m going to start writing this again

chinesrat

Rank 1
chinesrat
PostedNov 23, 2009 8:36 pm
this count as a necro? cuz my story is so beast it has to come back