There has been an increase in incidences of accounts being compromised due to players mistakenly clicking on fake promotional links that promise "FREE AP".
These FAKE GMs have even started to inbox some players. Please read below on some tips on how to spot these.
A. How to spot a FAKE GM / GS
1. The background of the alleged "GM /GS" will not be of a shade of light green.
2. There will be no identifiable tags marking this "GM / GS" as a REAL one.
3. GM / GS will not SPAM. Fake GMs / GSs tend to spam (posting the same message 3+ times consecutively).
B. How to spot a REAL GM / GS
1. Visibly Identifiable tags marking this player as a true GM / GS (with green letters after their account /forum name)
2. Background of the posts being made in shoutbox will always be that of a light shade of green, visible and identifiable.
C. Other things to look for:
1. These fake GMs / GSs will always link to foreign sites! GM / GS events will always have links to the forum, where events are generally made.
2. Always check the spelling of the link being posted. These fake GMs will always post some sort of variation of the original aeriagames site.
3. These fake aeria sites will always have a site name similar to the original and easily mistaken if not looked at closely.
Example of FAKE aeria site:
The ORIGINAL aeria site name is :
D. Inbox "Promotions" or Promises of "Free AP"
GMs will NOT inbox you promising "free ap" by clicking a link. Promotions or events are generally done in the forums for all to see. So ANY inbox messages promising AP etc by clicking a specific link is more than likely a SCAM.
Note: When clicking the "GM" profile, you will see these profiles are likely to be created 1-2 days ago, hence giving a hint of them being fake. If you have ANY questions please dont hesitate to send a ticket and ask, better be safe than sorry.
These are the steps to take immediately after accidentally clicking / entering your information on these fake site links.
A. You have accidently clicked on this site and logged in:
1. Go to the ORIGINAL aeriagames site (www.aeriagames.com) log in and under settings change your password!
2. Send a ticket (at http://www.aeriagames.com/contact
) and let them know that you accidentally clicked on the fake GM link and entered your account information. You will be given instructions on what needs to be done and alerted the site on your account possibly being compromised.
3. If you are one of those who tends to use the same password for your account on different other things, it might be wise to also change the password on your account email.
B. You have also accidently entered your AP purchasing information (PayPal information - credit card or any other form of payment option) on this FAKE aeria site.
1. Change the passwords on your PayPal or any other purchasing method that requires it.
2. Alert your bank of unauthorized purchases to foreign sites that are NOT
aeriagames (original site).
3. Send in a ticket to billing (http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/billing) and alert of them on the possibility of unauthorized purchases due to the fake aeriagames link. They will know how to verify, investigate and flag your account on this occurrence.
4. Check your AP purchasing and usage history. If there are suspicious purchases to games you have NEVER played or are not familiar to you it might be a red flag. Inquire more on the issue and any questions send in a ticket! (http://www.aeriagames.com/contact).
I hope this brief guide was helpful in identifying and dealing with a possible account compromise due to the fake GM / GS links. Happy Gaming!