nicensweet2280

Game Sage: Ignite & Browser
nicensweet2280
PostedFeb 05, 2016 5:26 am   Last edited by nicensweet2280 on Dec 06, 2016 7:14 am. Edited 4 times in total

How to spot a "scammy" link or a fake GM / GS!

Updated: Avoid getting your account compromised!
There has been an increase in incidences of accounts being compromised due to players mistakenly clicking on fake promotional links that promise "FREE AP".

These FAKE GMs have even started to inbox some players. Please read below on some tips on how to spot these.

Step 1:
A. How to spot a FAKE GM / GS

1. The background of the alleged "GM /GS" will not be of a shade of light green.
2. There will be no identifiable tags marking this "GM / GS" as a REAL one.
3. GM / GS will not SPAM. Fake GMs / GSs tend to spam (posting the same message 3+ times consecutively).

B. How to spot a REAL GM / GS

1. Visibly Identifiable tags marking this player as a true GM / GS (with green letters after their account /forum name)
2. Background of the posts being made in shoutbox will always be that of a light shade of green, visible and identifiable.

C. Other things to look for:

1. These fake GMs / GSs will always link to foreign sites! GM / GS events will always have links to the forum, where events are generally made.
2. Always check the spelling of the link being posted. These fake GMs will always post some sort of variation of the original aeriagames site.
3. These fake aeria sites will always have a site name similar to the original and easily mistaken if not looked at closely.

Example of FAKE aeria site:
aeriogames.com
aeriagomes.tk
aeriagames.tk
aeria gamez.tk
aeria gamez.space
aeriagaes.com
aoriagames.tk, etc

The ORIGINAL aeria site name is :
www.aeriagames.com

D. Inbox "Promotions" or Promises of "Free AP"

GMs will NOT inbox you promising "free ap" by clicking a link. Promotions or events are generally done in the forums for all to see. So ANY inbox messages promising AP etc by clicking a specific link is more than likely a SCAM.

Note: When clicking the "GM" profile, you will see these profiles are likely to be created 1-2 days ago, hence giving a hint of them being fake. If you have ANY questions please dont hesitate to send a ticket and ask, better be safe than sorry.

Step 2:
These are the steps to take immediately after accidentally clicking / entering your information on these fake site links.

A. You have accidently clicked on this site and logged in:
1. Go to the ORIGINAL aeriagames site (www.aeriagames.com) log in and under settings change your password!
2. Send a ticket (at http://www.aeriagames.com/contact) and let them know that you accidentally clicked on the fake GM link and entered your account information. You will be given instructions on what needs to be done and alerted the site on your account possibly being compromised.
3. If you are one of those who tends to use the same password for your account on different other things, it might be wise to also change the password on your account email.

B. You have also accidently entered your AP purchasing information (PayPal information - credit card or any other form of payment option) on this FAKE aeria site.
1. Change the passwords on your PayPal or any other purchasing method that requires it.
2. Alert your bank of unauthorized purchases to foreign sites that are NOT aeriagames (original site).
3. Send in a ticket to billing (http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/billing) and alert of them on the possibility of unauthorized purchases due to the fake aeriagames link. They will know how to verify, investigate and flag your account on this occurrence.
4. Check your AP purchasing and usage history. If there are suspicious purchases to games you have NEVER played or are not familiar to you it might be a red flag. Inquire more on the issue and any questions send in a ticket! (http://www.aeriagames.com/contact).

I hope this brief guide was helpful in identifying and dealing with a possible account compromise due to the fake GM / GS links. Happy Gaming!

Advertisement

nicensweet2280

nicensweet2280
PostedSep 07, 2016 3:11 pm   Last edited by nicensweet2280 on Sep 28, 2016 12:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total
A new form of scam is being sent and it looks "legit" but DO NOT click on the bait. You can clearly see they stress not to contact GMs giving an excuse.

GS applications are generally not sent to players to apply. Players volunteer for this position and hence if there is NO official forum post with the info needed and official link this automatically means this is a scam.

ANY other form of "GM" inbox mail please do disregard UNLESS it is something you have entered in the forums or talked to previously with an official GM and it is understood that you will get a response via inbox.

Please do not click ANY links sent and always verify of this information in the forums or sending a ticket!
Take care guys!

nicensweet2280

nicensweet2280
PostedSep 27, 2016 7:38 pm
NEW Scam via inbox! Dont fall for it!

nicensweet2280

nicensweet2280
PostedDec 06, 2016 7:11 am
New forms of scams. Please note that if you have NOT entered ANY event there would be no need to be sent any type of notices like this. Any official events etc is done in the forums and if needed the GMs will notify you via ticket or in the forum. Also make sure you check the profiles of these alleged "GMs" as they are usually created recently and banned as soon as they discovered to be fakes ( within a day or less).
Note the new forms of scams:

cluskey

Rank 1
cluskey
PostedDec 06, 2016 12:43 pm
thanks for the warning -- bad peeples

PsychoXCrysys

Rank 1
PsychoXCrysys
PostedDec 06, 2016 3:21 pm
few days ago i had around 5 this kinda mails Laughing
ALL scammers come to me Razz
You will get S***

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedDec 06, 2016 7:32 pm
Thank you for creating such a lovely post. It is always a welcome site to see reminders and examples of phishing scams so players know what to be aware of.......our lovely kingdom has always been heavy hit by scammers and account thieves. Many a poor player hath been tanken down to see Old Hob' because of their trixy ways.

Karma m8

nicensweet2280

nicensweet2280
PostedDec 07, 2016 5:28 am
No problem Smile i will be updating as often as i can!

TigeRGirL85

Rank 0
TigeRGirL85
PostedDec 09, 2016 5:32 am
Thanks i got 3 of those kind of emails, but i know they are fake, but thanks for letting community knows this new way of scam! Evil or Very Mad

GarnetDream

Rank 0
GarnetDream
PostedJan 22, 2017 2:18 pm
That was nice info :3

When I feeling that something is fishy in my inbox either here or in game I usually sending not very polite message back to the sender which involves 2 words - one start with f and other is "you". Usually that get rids of every fishy person Very Happy

By the way, I am not really using forums and such but is there a topic or any other way to report them?