Daj60

Rank 0
Daj60
PostedJun 21, 2015 9:38 am

Knock, Knock. . . Who's there?. . . NOBODY!

Back After A Long Hiatus and Wondering Where the Staff has gone?
Hi there,
I've been away for a very long time and return to find a completely different MMORPG. Most of the changes are good ones. Some of the old issues, (i.e. gold spammers, players that think they are above the rules, ks'ers, etc. . . ), are still around and probably always will be, but overall, then changes seem good so far from what I've seen.
One thing I've noticed that does hit home personally is the apparent lack of in game presence for the staff. The only GS I've seen with any type of regularity is my old team mate GS GrisGris. I've spent equal time on both sides since my return and in all fairness, I have not left the Lailah server, but it seems that there is no longer a GS team in game or a GM staff available for the community other than through tickets.
As messed up as the old game had become, I always took pride in the professionalism and commitment of those that chose to serve the community. I often used the phrase, both as a GS and as a non-tagged player, that the Shaiya GS Team was "Number One in Keeping it Fun!".
The GS Team is critical to the promotion and enjoyment of the game. If there is no visible presence then the trolls and "privileged" ones ruin the experience for others. For instance, after being ks'd outside of Cornwell and commenting to the person that his actions were rather rude, I was told that he was "royalty" and there was nothing I could do about it. This kind of ignorant player along with his obnoxious attitude is NOT good for the game, the community or the future of either. People like that make new people leave. While the GS Team is not meant to be a police force, their visible presence in game can often serve as a deterrent to such behavior.
This is not meant to bash the GS Team, or the Admin Staff. It's a simple reminder that those of us that came before you tried to leave you with a history of honor and outstanding community service, with the hopes that you continued to carry it forward.
If you pursue the tags and are fortunate enough to obtain them, then please use them as they are meant to be used and be the Shaiya Ambassadors that you are meant to be. Smile
Be good to each other and enjoy the game and I'd like to see the GS Team return to being "Second to None In Keeping It Fun!"

Sincerely,
Dajess

p.s. It's good to be back. . . . I think. Wink
Advertisement

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedJun 21, 2015 10:23 am
Welcome back Smile

MARIONI_BONBONI

Rank 3
MARIONI_BONBONI
PostedJun 21, 2015 10:28 am
welcome back

KarmicFury

GameSage: Shaiya
KarmicFury
PostedJun 21, 2015 11:18 am
Dajess !!!!!

wb !!!!! Very Happy

Rabidstew

Rank 0
PostedJun 21, 2015 11:55 am   Last edited by Rabidstew on Jun 21, 2015 11:59 am. Edited 1 time in total
So good to see you back as well ....I too have noticed the lack of a GS presence with the exception of Gris. Hmmm return of the oldies it seems to be!

saddkatt

Rank 3
PostedJun 21, 2015 11:59 am
yea we short on GSs in game lately in both factions

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2438786

view and vote for more / new [GS]s in game

MysticMaggie

Rank 4
MysticMaggie
PostedJun 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Welcome Back

Welcome back my old friend and teammate Dajess! I have been back a little over a month now and I am truly enjoying what changes have been made with the exception of seeing only one GS in game our old teammate Gris. Let's have a return of the oldies party!!!!

Daj60

Rank 0
Daj60
PostedJun 21, 2015 12:04 pm
I guess it took the GS team taking a stand and pretty much being fired to put the machine in motion to bring about change.

New people will probably never know of the sacrifice of legendary GS' such as LilDevol and Autumn's Grace, who lost the tags while opposing what so many believed to be abuse of authority and total disregard for the community.

The GS Team can make so much of a difference if they wish to and I hope that they do. You will always have the trolls but the majority of the community will come to support a devoted team of community leaders and helpers. Smile

Dajess

saddkatt

Rank 3
PostedJun 21, 2015 12:12 pm
currently the only GSs activly helping ppl is GrissGriss (AoL) and Karmic (UoF) here are a few others that help from time to time but both sides need more thoughful GSs in game that are active and like helping ppl

Daj60

Rank 0
Daj60
PostedJun 21, 2015 12:32 pm
Sounds like it's time for the next generation to step up!

I would advise anyone considering being a GS to first watch the video that GrisGris made that explains what it's all about.

If you love the game and the community enough to devote countless hours to supporting it, are willing to drop everything in order to help someone in need and have the patience to put up with people whose only purpose is to challenge you as a symbol of "authority", then you may be a good GS.

I'm not sure how this new system works but back in the day we had a GM that was in charge of the GS Team. Some were good, a few were bad and some were absolutely fantastic, (Jadyn and Skempo come to mind).

If AGE wants to get the best return on their investment and hosting of this new episode 8 server, then I would strongly suggest they work on building that team back up and giving it the support it needs to serve the community properly.

Anyone that knows anything at all about me knows that I have always been an advocate for the community, whether I had GS tags or not, and I absolutely believe that a good GS team with an exceptional GM in charge is absolutely necessary to make the game and the community flourish.

Many of us old, ancient Shaiyans have offered advice in the past, only to be shushed by an Admin Team that was "strongly encouraged" to do everything based on the profit margin. I think I see some more realistic thought in the approach that AGE is taking now.

Games are put out on the market every day and if you wish to maintain your client base and continue to grow then you should never dismiss community input or forget that without that community you have nothing.

I hope that there truly is a bright new future for a game that we have all grown to love and I would encourage everyone to keep "the other guy" in mind while you visit Shaiya and to do all you can to welcome other people and create a gaming environment that people will enjoy and become part of.

Dajess