GM_Tora

Game Master
GM_Tora
PostedApr 01, 2015 8:52 am   Last edited by GM_Tora on May 07, 2015 4:10 am. Edited 1 time in total

[Survey] Arena Adjustment - Level 30 Arenas

Hello everyone,

We have become aware that some adjustments might be needed for the numbers of our level 30 Arena.

To determine what the majority of our community thinks, we would like you to fill this survey and also leave a comment if you pick the option that says so.

We are looking forward to your opinion and will adjust the arena numbers if necessary.

Thank you!

GM_Tora
Advertisement

TrueGhostVII

Rank 0
TrueGhostVII
PostedApr 01, 2015 1:45 pm
Thanks for listening to us GMs
While your at it, why not fix 40 and 50 arena?

16 Person. Sprite Battlefield
10 Person. Fire Arena
10 Person WhiteSand Arena

I can make siggys :D

walmazi

Rank 5
walmazi
PostedApr 01, 2015 7:43 pm
I am slightly on the fence about this because:

While low arena numbers means matches start easier -> It also means they end easier, which at the level 21-30 stage is bound to happen a lot. It's not possible to change the mind of someone new to the game who has joined arena and feel like they cannnot contribute and leave.

It only took about 3 months of 30 arena abuse to shut down it's activity (a group of players who choose not to attack each other and they were high fort). It will take a change in the mindset and a change in the numbers if we want this to work.

So with that said:

3 Vs 3 or 4 Vs 4 would be size I would be in support of. It'll mean more matches where there are new players playing against other new players. In addition to this it will make arena start more which given the numbers currently, is something we desperately need.

It's the experience and fun of the new players that we have to focus on.

"It's in your eyes"

dl_1989

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2015 9:50 pm
3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 sounds much better.

Snitza

Rank 2
Snitza
PostedApr 01, 2015 10:38 pm
Im all for smaller arenas in 30 since it isn't a place we should be twinking out, it's a place to learn the basics of pvp. Also HF should be the only one available so people can look forward to new arenas when they level up.

Theiner

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2015 11:20 pm
Put more effort on fixing 70 to 100 arenas not the lower ones no need for PVP sets at those lvls, also 30 PVPrs are 80 to lvl100 players so they will just leave those arenas to start getting easy kills and leave high arenas with less players(like we have so many that join already), i do have my sets on 70s to 80s but join to help or have some fun after doing dungeons .

Also i do have a lvl30 normal geared but again players need better gear at 60+

CronKiz

Rank 3
CronKiz
PostedApr 02, 2015 12:43 am
3v3 would result in 1v1 matches and if 1 op person joins they would almost win any match .-.

but sure 3v3 would be good if people only were 9+ max, so if anything you shouldn't be able to go above 9+ on any lvl 30 Legacy or lvl1-30 gear, but doing that would mean everyone with 15+ lvl 30 items get a refund and their item gets lowered to 9+ but we all know that wont happen. low level noob arenas bring in money for aeria and it would make the people who cant play classes mad. so even lowering it would still leave 30 broken af but 3v3 is as close too getting it open as it will get.

Snitza

Rank 2
Snitza
PostedApr 02, 2015 1:22 am
The easiest solution to prevent abuse in 30 pvp would be to make all players go into a generic avatar form like the ones in Illya GW. Everyone would have adjusted stat values that are in no way effected by forts. This would be a good way to showcase skills they'll obtain as they level up and if possible make it so all buffs applied before entering the arena are dispelled upon entering. This is in my opinion the best way to help players develop skills in playing their class instead of forting.

CronKiz

Rank 3
CronKiz
PostedApr 02, 2015 1:36 am
Snitza wrote:
The easiest solution to prevent abuse in 30 pvp would be to make all players go into a generic avatar form like the ones in Illya GW. Everyone would have adjusted stat values that are in no way effected by forts. This would be a good way to showcase skills they'll obtain as they level up and if possible make it so all buffs applied before entering the arena are dispelled upon entering. This is in my opinion the best way to help players develop skills in playing their class instead of forting.  

well that would be boring af tbh sure OP people arnt fun but sometimes its fun to have abit of a competition, having adjusted stats would almost make it so whoever gets first hit or gets ganged dies and that is boring

Snitza

Rank 2
Snitza
PostedApr 02, 2015 2:40 am   Last edited by Snitza on Apr 02, 2015 2:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total
again 30 isnt about competition hence it's removal from rankings long ago, it's to introduce new players to pvp without be gang banged by ops